ozowen

Corrado Sunroof

Looking for a sunroof cassette for the restoration of my original Corrado. Anyone got one spare that they'd like me to take of the hands for a fee of course. Seen one on flea bay but the buyer is asking 499.99 for. In my eyes that seems excessive, Is it?

What sort of price range should I be looking at?

It's from a 94 Blackberry which is perfect for my original but slightly put off on the price

Thoughts?

How much?! Most Corrado are not worth that much..

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

I'd say pay about £50-100 depending on condition. The real problem is that the cables and the mechanism seize and break due to lack of maintenance, and you may find that a replacement is in just the same poor condition as the one you are replacing. The repair kits are the best option, but very hard to come by.

Getting hold of an unbroken one is getting harder and harder. £500 is a bit much. £200 - £300 I would think these days for a fully working one. There are lots of people with broken sunroofs, it all depends how bad you want yours to work and how much time you want to spend on it.

I have one mate tilts and slides. But bit of a journey

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I have one mate tilts and slides. But bit of a journey

No distance to far for the right part. I recently took my godson up to Stirling to look at a potential first car. An Orange VW Up Groove 63 plate with 20k, he liked it that much, we spent the rest of the day driving back down south in it. He is one happy chappy. What sort of price would you be looking to get for it?

Getting hold of an unbroken one is getting harder and harder. £500 is a bit much. £200 - £300 I would think these days for a fully working one. There are lots of people with broken sunroofs, it all depends how bad you want yours to work and how much time you want to spend on it.

I agree with your thoughts, it one of those things, while doing the restoration I might as well do this if one becomes available

Looking for a sunroof cassette for the restoration of my original Corrado. Anyone got one spare that they'd like me to take of the hands for a fee of course. Seen one on flea bay but the buyer is asking 499.99 for. In my eyes that seems excessive, Is it?

What sort of price range should I be looking at?

It's from a 94 Blackberry which is perfect for my original but slightly put off on the price

Thoughts?

500 quid!! WTF!

Without even looking on ebay I bet thats "sams-salvage" selling that!

Hi mate I would be asking 100 pounds pal

You can also have a gander if there is anything else you want while you at mine

I need to take a holiday in County Durham! LOL!

Bargain !!!!

I agree distance is nothing. I did a 400 mile round trip last Sunday to get some parts for my non working corrado.

Pm'd you thanks

Well on Thursday I travelled to County Durham and met with Chris(aka lilfuzzer) on here to get the sunroof and see what else he had. It was great to meet him and after a quick purchase of a few other items he showed me round the estate. His latest project looked stunnning in the flesh and once on the road, I expect many smiles to follow. Thanks again Chris, hopefully, if needed I can contact you for anyother items I might need.

Was great to meet you mate and yes of course mate feel free to give me a shout!!!

Without Chris our cars would be missing lots of parts.

See the attached photo of the sunroof motor I took from a mk3 Golf that works my Corrado sunroof perfectly. The part number is on it

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk