corrado_sunderland

Hows everyone doing then?

Its been a long long time so i thought i would drop by and say hello :)

Hows everyone keeping then and has anyone seem my old Jet about? Im sad to say im alot more boring and sensible now, but i guess that will be to the relief of some of the members who remember me haha.

Still wish i had the Jet but money at the time meant i couldn't get her finished and i was still at home so had no storage space :(

Anyway the Mrs wants one now :D so the hunt begins.

Cheers

Mick

Your Jet resurfaced about 3-4 weeks ago,can't remember much about it,but your name was mentioned.

I believe someone said your name 3 times and magically you returned on here !

Good to see your still about,and hold the Corrado in your thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup your corrado's about, guy in oxford has got it. It's in good hands.

Hope your going to be a good boy :)

Your Jet resurfaced about 3-4 weeks ago,can't remember much about it,but your name was mentioned.

I believe someone said your name 3 times and magically you returned on here !

Good to see your still about,and hold the Corrado in your thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear its still alive. There is another identical one lurking around too :)

And yes 3 times in front of a mirror and BAM im here lol

That Avatar.....always cracked me up when ever I saw it :lol:

Sadly the good ol' days of the crazy "Angel Eyes" type threads, and the many japes and giggles we had, are long gone. I think everybody has gotten old and boring.....and all the old timers have moved on. I pop in occasionally to laugh about people selling snapped VR6 badges on ebay for £50 :lol:

Walesy getting upset about people calling him Walsey, ChrisVR6Nos threatening to stab people, me wasting schitt loads of money and talking the hind legs off a donkey, President Jim trying to be all diplomatic, VR6 constantly taking the pee and modifying peoples usernames and avatars, Supercharged posting random weird pics.........thems were the days :lol:

Maybe we need a "Where are they now?" thread and hopefully some of the chaps from the golden era will drop by!

Well, I'm still here.. just minus a Corrado!

That Avatar.....always cracked me up when ever I saw it :lol:

Sadly the good ol' days of the crazy "Angel Eyes" type threads, and the many japes and giggles we had, are long gone. I think everybody has gotten old and boring.....and all the old timers have moved on. I pop in occasionally to laugh about people selling snapped VR6 badges on ebay for £50 :lol:

Walesy getting upset about people calling him Walsey, ChrisVR6Nos threatening to stab people, me wasting schitt loads of money and talking the hind legs off a donkey, President Jim trying to be all diplomatic, VR6 constantly taking the pee and modifying peoples usernames and avatars, Supercharged posting random weird pics.........thems were the days :lol:

Maybe we need a "Where are they now?" thread and hopefully some of the chaps from the golden era will drop by!

Those were the days :o

Forums so quiet now

So are you :) just need Wayne now for a full house :)

Haha indeed. Where are all the old ones now ey

I'm still alive and hanging about. Corradoless I'm sorry to say but still haven't cleaned the patch on the drive where she dumped some oil. Is it sad to stand and stare wistfully at an oil stain?

:) Ahhhh yes the good old days. I was so boozed fueled back then and daft...mostly daft haha.

This forum hands down was the most welcoming and home feeling forum i have ever visited hands down.

The Internet is so weird these days and i just cant get my head around how forums run now. So much bitching, slagging off etc and so little help been given.

Its good to see ive started a little mini reunion :) And good to hear the Jet us going well. Can you believe that guy who used to own it told me to scrap it as it was too far gone.....who was he kidding the crazy fool ( in the voice of Mr t).

Im a bit gutted so far as it seems rados are becoming too pricey for our budget at the moment :(

Wullie, vr6, Dg, swompy, kev Good to see your all still going and well :)

Now come on, one of you sell me a rado for 1k :lol:

To further more add aswell, i remember the ant wars still haha although after watching Antman i kinda like the little guys

Mr Sunderland, as I live a breath! :lol:

You'll find it different around here these days. Still a helpful bunch but the banter has reduced.

I think the lack of build threads is a shame, but I guess that's because so few people are modifying the rado now. Most are restoring to stock.

I remember the banter very fondly. The pages of thread updates every time I logged in. Toad posting massively inappropriate personal photos etc. Good times

Mr Sunderland, as I live a breath! :lol:

You'll find it different around here these days. Still a helpful bunch but the banter has reduced.

I think the lack of build threads is a shame, but I guess that's because so few people are modifying the rado now. Most are restoring to stock.

I remember the banter very fondly. The pages of thread updates every time I logged in. Toad posting massively inappropriate personal photos etc. Good times

Wow i had forgot my arch Nemesis Toad How could i forget him :lol:

And all forums are quiet these days pal. Its seems trolls have screwed the internet. Remember all the memes we used to do on here etc 10 years ago.... We were trend setters haha

I think it's just Facebook and other social media taking over nowadays. Think we've been quite lucky on here as there hasn't been many of the type of people that cause agro.

The Internet is so weird these days and i just cant get my head around how forums run now. So much bitching, slagging off etc and so little help been given.

Quoted for truth. I think of the almost entirely positive community we had here.. then I look at some of the garbage people post on Facebook and on YouTube comments, etc.. it's like a different world!

• Like 1

Quoted for truth. I think of the almost entirely positive community we had here.. then I look at some of the garbage people post on Facebook and on YouTube comments, etc.. it's like a different world!

Even other Vw forums used to annoy me and dont get me started on the Peugeot Gti ahole club :lol: I am off all social media and hate the fact we have to use it for our business now.

I never ever thought i would be arm chair preaching in my 30's FFS :lol:

Long live the C forum. One of the last sanctuaries on the Net :D

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but as someone relatively new to this Forum - I thought I'd offer some feedback.

Whilst I have a Facebook account, I stopped using it back in 2015 - mostly for the reasons stated above. So this is the first time I have bothered with social media in years, prompted by my recent purchase of another Corrado after an 8 year gap.

I'm a massive fan of the Corrado and I'm really appreciating the advice and encouragement from like-minded people.

Just saying - Corrado Forum and those that share all that great knowledge, good job, keep it up and thank you.

:) Ahhhh yes the good old days. I was so boozed fueled back then and daft...mostly daft haha.

This forum hands down was the most welcoming and home feeling forum i have ever visited hands down.

Its good to see ive started a little mini reunion :) And good to hear the Jet us going well. Can you believe that guy who used to own it told me to scrap it as it was too far gone.....who was he kidding the crazy fool ( in the voice of Mr t).

Im a bit gutted so far as it seems rados are becoming too pricey for our budget at the moment :(

Wullie, vr6, Dg, swompy, kev Good to see your all still going and well :)

Now come on, one of you sell me a rado for 1k :lol:

To further more add aswell, i remember the ant wars still haha although after watching Antman i kinda like the little guys

Tell me about it! 90% of my Corrado purchases were done under the influence of Jack and his flaming Daniels :lol:

And now it's time for a famous haywire fridee rant!

Yes mate, the world is a very different place now, and getting worse! Everything is status and ego driven now, and how many likes your new haircut can get on Facebook, and what stupid cartoon animal you can superimpose on top of your fake Snapchat smoothed skin. I don't know when people became so shallow, superficial and totally reliant on social acceptance from total strangers.......but there we have it, it's the world we live in. And I don't like it. On the street and in shops, eye contact is avoided at all costs. Customer service feels fake and forced. Everywhere I go see people staring into phones like their lives depend on it. Everyone is self absorbed in their own bubbles. I see cars veering all over the road every day because of f'ckwits on their phones.

Every time I go out for drinks with my mate, and I see a table of 2 chatting away. When one of them goes to the bar or the toilet and leaves the other behind, I say to my mate "How many seconds before he/she reaches for their phone?". It's usually within 10 seconds. They can't possibly just sit there on their own, absorbing the ambience, acknowledging the existence of fellow human beings.....christ no....they need their phone as an awkwardness security blanket. It's actually quite sad really, going into a social place and every f'cker is just sat there on their phones. Even families out for a meal....all of them on their phones. Me and missus were watching just such a family recently, and the Dad became aware that they were being pointed out as phone zombies, and he was like "OK kids, put your phones away now and eat your pudding" :lol:

Humans are turning into digital zombies. Slaves to the world of likes, checking-in and collecting 'friends' they've never even met, let alone ever spoken to. All of this is manifesting itself as aggression and strong opinions when others don't agree with them, or don't like some sh1t they've posted, etc etc etc.

The MK5 Golf GTI forum is a good one. Nothing like this one used to be (we were spoiled!) though. There was a genuine love of the car back then and people came on here for the schitts and giggles just as much as the Corrado chat!

Oh well. I think we're all doomed anyway if the Korean and American lunatics keep antagonizing each other.

Hehe, I still keep an eye on this place all those years on, check in every month or so :camp:

I've been looking at rado's recently because I'd love one for old times sake, I think it'd make me feel young again getting back in one :dance: , but fluck me, they're pricey for a goodun nowadays! shouldawouldacoulda kept some of the nicer one's I had ten years ago I could have made a fortune! :p

How are you Jim?

Tell me about it! 90% of my Corrado purchases were done under the influence of Jack and his flaming Daniels :lol:

And now it's time for a famous haywire fridee rant!

Yes mate, the world is a very different place now, and getting worse! Everything is status and ego driven now, and how many likes your new haircut can get on Facebook, and what stupid cartoon animal you can superimpose on top of your fake Snapchat smoothed skin. I don't know when people became so shallow, superficial and totally reliant on social acceptance from total strangers.......but there we have it, it's the world we live in. And I don't like it. On the street and in shops, eye contact is avoided at all costs. Customer service feels fake and forced. Everywhere I go see people staring into phones like their lives depend on it. Everyone is self absorbed in their own bubbles. I see cars veering all over the road every day because of f'ckwits on their phones.

Every time I go out for drinks with my mate, and I see a table of 2 chatting away. When one of them goes to the bar or the toilet and leaves the other behind, I say to my mate "How many seconds before he/she reaches for their phone?". It's usually within 10 seconds. They can't possibly just sit there on their own, absorbing the ambience, acknowledging the existence of fellow human beings.....christ no....they need their phone as an awkwardness security blanket. It's actually quite sad really, going into a social place and every f'cker is just sat there on their phones. Even families out for a meal....all of them on their phones. Me and missus were watching just such a family recently, and the Dad became aware that they were being pointed out as phone zombies, and he was like "OK kids, put your phones away now and eat your pudding" :lol:

Humans are turning into digital zombies. Slaves to the world of likes, checking-in and collecting 'friends' they've never even met, let alone ever spoken to. All of this is manifesting itself as aggression and strong opinions when others don't agree with them, or don't like some sh1t they've posted, etc etc etc.

The MK5 Golf GTI forum is a good one. Nothing like this one used to be (we were spoiled!) though. There was a genuine love of the car back then and people came on here for the schitts and giggles just as much as the Corrado chat!

Oh well. I think we're all doomed anyway if the Korean and American lunatics keep antagonizing each other.

There's a huge amount of irony in this though, forums were really the first place (this one especially) where it became the norm to have 'friends' you'd never met. I'd talk at work etc about the car my 'mate' is building without a second thought that I don't even know what they look like! Social media has become the progression of this.

My wife meets up with 'the I nstamums' which I find weird, until I remember the days of travelling around Europe to car shows with people I know from the internet.

Jees, WALESEY???

Now that's a member I haven't heard from in ages..

I still wonder if you ever received that g60 Ps pump I posted off 10/12 years ago!

Hope your ok mate.