KipVR

Corrado R32 Storm, Mystic Blue, Tidy

I've decided to sell my Corrado, I don't really want to, but I don't have the space for it any more and I don't want to store it outside.

Many years ago I decided to convert it to a 24v using an Audi TT 3.2 engine with 40k miles on it, at the same time I did a complete restoration on the car, see the pics- unfortunately many of the photos have been deleted from my build thread but I'll post the main ones showing the restoration. I decided to keep the car and any non standard parts as oem looking as possible, well maybe the wheels aren't but they are easily changed and very personal. With the 24v engine it's the car you always wanted the VR6 to be, just that little bit faster to make it a properly rapid car rather than just a quick one- without going to a power level far beyond the capability of the chassis. With the other subtle mods this car is now a true wolf in sheep's clothing.

The conversion runs beautifully, I've not had any problems with it. I spent a long time (months) getting the wiring really tidy, and creating an engine loom that was plug and play into the standard VR6 fusebox, it's also fully protected in conduit like a modern loom, this is not a soldered and taped up loom, it's properly done with a lot of love and care using fusebox connecting pins and waterproof OEM plugs and sockets. See the pic of the loom.

Mods include:-

3.2 Audi BHE engine MAF and Airbox.

323mm Brembos, in Silver.

280mm rear brakes.

Jetex Exhaust.

Alcantara Headliner

All red rear lights

Bilstein PSS9 kit with custom damper tune (for the road not track!) I'll always go for Bilstein suspension as you can just send it off for a rebuild or re-tune to how you like it.

Trimmed Centre Console- looks so nice.

HID Morimoto projector retrofit wired with 6 waterproof miniature relays. Awesome lighting, but subtle as it retains the original headlight. New glass on the headlights. They now look a bit like a Mk2 Golf Rallye headlight but the projector is more subtle. The projector gives a much better light pattern than the original headlights. I have some perfect spare reflectors if you prefer to return to standard

Textured black slam panel and under headlight bar- to match textured grille (original Storm grill also)

Fuse box on battery to feed headlights and fans (and aux water pump)

Period Alpine Head unit, with a Bluetooth music and handsfree adapter installed. USB chargers in place of the cigarette lighter and in the glovebox

OEM electric Recaros- fully working!

Lupo Wiper Arms.

New Windscreen.

The bodywork is good but not perfect- the bonnet has some small stone chips. There is a small dent on the drivers side rear wheel arch, I came back to it dented when the car was parked in a car park. It looks like something a paintless dent removal chap could get out. I've recently had the bumpers painted (just before the rear arch was dented!)

I drove the car for a year as my daily driver to iron out any problems following the conversion- there weren't really any problems with it, but I did tinker with the suspension and geometry getting it good for the UK roads. It's still a bit harsh over potholes, but no worse than a standard Corrado, and much better everywhere else. The car will come with stiffer springs also. The underside and running gear of the car is still very clean although not 'eat your dinner off it' clean as it once was.

It's had five owners but I've been 2 of them- I sold it to a friend when I started my business up, I bought it back off him again a year later when I could afford it.

The Electric Recaros have just been trimmed in black leather, and I've just got some quality Carpet mats to finish the interior off, it's the best it's ever been in there, but it does need a new handbrake Leather handle.

It'll come with a new MOT and a geometry check with printout.

I'll start the price at £8750, see how it goes from there.

Edited by KipVR

That's a lovely looking thing and if the garage hadn't recently been filled with the latest purchase I'd have been right over. GLWS, hope it finds a good home.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi Kip,

I miss my corrado :)

Can you please email me at

Ron dot ashtiani at gmail.com

My forum inbox is full.

Thanks

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kip,

I miss my corrado :)

Can you please email me at

Ron dot ashtiani at gmail.com

My forum inbox is full.

Thanks

Ron

Fallen out of love with the porker ?

It's awesome but boring, I like a car that punishes me a in a love hate relationship.....the porker just works, everyday and that feels weird after owning 3 Corrados ;)

Absolutely inspirational car - one of my all time favourites. Ron you could do a lot worse for the money!

lovely looking motor with a ton of love lavished on her and to boot a good price, best of luck even tho.. your not going to need it :).

Thanks for the compliments, I'll be sorry to see it go, but it seems the right time and it's been a pleasure to own. I can remember pulling up to my wife's house when we first met 12 years ago, the first thing she said was 'wow nice car!' - everyone loves a Corrado!

GLWS sale mate not that you'll need it. This is a lot of car for teh money. Stunning and a credit to your work.

Thanks guys, starting to think I've under valued it! Harrier yes I've still got the Z4MC, but that's up for sale too! Im getting rid of all my cars, going to get as much money together as possible to build my own car from scratch with my son, it's just something I really want to do.

Good luck with the sale, as above it's been an inspiration for me and my build. The attention to detail has always been amazing, someone is going to get an amazing car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Best corrado storm ever!!!!

Nice that it was a daily as well and doesn't just sit in the garage

Beautifully restored and modified car mate, a real tribute to the work you've clearly put in. It's difficult to value the effort you put in to that kind of project but I would guess whoever buys that car is getting a real bargain.

If only I could persuade my wife that we don't really need the extension we just started building!!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk