Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Milltek or Magnex ?

or you could get an induction kit and you wont hear the exhaust at all

And the point of that is?

We're discussing exhausts, not boy racer air filters......

Hi

Decided to add my view in support of the Milltek system.

I have personally fitted one to my 16v C and it went on perfectly and has given me no problems at all.

Its not loud at all and in fact my mate asked what the point of fitting it was considering its so quiet!!

The only change is a slightly deeper tone to it at low revs.

I also noticed its a very light system and this puts less weight on the rubbers and reduces the chance of any knocking over the axle area. Many exhausts do seem to suffer from this problem.

All in all am very happy with it. :D

but thats a miltek kev....i have an idea.... you buy both, run them and tell us which one is best to get....

also that was on a 16v which doesnt produce as much boom as the vr6 anyway.

after all this we'll probably find they are manufactured in the same factory and just have different badges put on them later in their life :lol:

:lol: :lol: :wink:

Ain't that usually the way?!

I didn't mean to open up a Magnex / Milltek feud here guys, but it's all useful info!

Cheers Robbo

Nah the VW system is made by Lientz and is a stainless/mild steel hybrid system. Magnex and Miltek use decent stainless and they've improved over the years significantly. If you've ever heard a Scorpion, you'll know what I mean!

Make sure you replace all the rubbers too and that the engine mounts are good as stainless is easily fractured from metal fatigue, something that is not covered under warranty.

Hi

I have personally fitted one to my 16v C and it went on perfectly and has given me no problems at all.

Its not loud at all and in fact my mate asked what the point of fitting it was considering its so quiet!!

All in all am very happy with it. :D

I'll second this. Also have a Milltek here, and in normal driving it's very subtle; unless you use lots of throttle you can barely hear it to be honest.

Vote Magnex for me,

Have had mine for almost a year now, and its perfect, great looking tailpipe, no louder then standard original, and a nice sound when moving, The fit is perfect, blokes in the garage were amazed of the quality of this aftermarket product., i will happily buy a magnex again.

Although i have not witnessed the case for early Milltek systems being a little below par on the fit, i have heard the stories. I can state however that the standard of fit, materials used, build quality, and customer service with Milltek systems that i supply are beyond question and easily able to compete with any other product available on any basis. All systems come complete with VW OE style clamps which have replaced the items used on the earlier systems. Milltek systems are radically lighter in weight than the OE system and therefore there is no need for uprated rubber hangers the OE items are more than adequate. The systems are warrantied for life to the original purchaser, and this is a clear statement of belief from any manufacturer in todays climate. I have built a sound trading relationship with Milltek over the past few years and as a result of this i am able to offer systems to the Forum at unbeatable prices. I have adopted the policy that if a product is found to be good enough to satisfy my standards, and is susequently fitted to my Corrado or tried and tested on a suitable other vehicle then i am happy to recommend it to my customers. Milltek meets this requirement and i have fitted Milltek systems to countless VW's since.

Can only add myself to the Milltek brigade, happy with mine on my G60 Rado :D

Needed to recently adjust a C-clamp on the rear box bit, (got the Rado with the Milltek already on, from the original ceramic cat onwards, replaced that with a metal cat recently), this was abit loose, such that the tail pipe seemed to be misaligned. But that has nothing to do with Milltek themselves, rather than the garage that had fitted the system for the previous owner.

Tempest

Well i have just put my order in for the vr6 miltek system. Sent the cheque off today and should have it fitted before the end of the month. Now i can tell you all how it sounds and i can give it a direct comparison with my friends magnex on his vr6 corrado.

Will keep you posted!

Just had a go at revving the engine on my G60 a bit with doors opened to listen to the Milltek in its full glory: Nice sound, especially at higher revs, and some popping on releasing the throttle :D

Just don't get to hear any of that when sat inside, where it all sounds rather civilised :oops: Possibly I'm getting deaf :lol:

Tempest

TSR did a great job on my magnex and around £350 inc VAT and fitting.

Have had no problems with it and its subtle and understated - just like the spirit of the Corrado itself I suppose

I've been following this thread for a while as I think my OEM system is starting to blow. I don't want an exhaust that is much louder than OEM and am swaying towards the Magnex as it would seem to be the more subtle system of the two.

I have heard from someone (not on this list) that the Magnex fit on the VR isn't the best. That opinion doesn't seem to tally with the views expressed here.

Any comments?

the fit of the magnex is just prefect,ive had mine on for around 2 years with no knocking what so ever,and my car is sitting pretty low at the moment

A lot of it is down to how it is fitted. Magnex will go to great lengths to mirror VW's pipe profiles, but they can't guarantee some Kwik-Fit numpty is going to take his/her time over the install and make sure pipe angles are correct and the joins gas tight.

I have a very early Miltek on my G60, tailpipe cleans up like new and it appears to be standing the test of time really well. This is not my first experience of Miltek and certainly won't be my last - great quality, nice sound and although its not very PC to admit it nowadays but it's nice to be able to buy something manufactured in the UK and not have to make allowances for it

I have heard from someone (not on this list) that the Magnex fit on the VR isn't the best. That opinion doesn't seem to tally with the views expressed here.

Any comments?

The fit of the Magnex is perfect, I have never had a problem with it, and the blokes at my garage who fitted it (They arent prats) couldent belive how good a fit it was and it worked out cheaper then the vw one, Its also very quiet seems no louder then original.