eugopnosaj

Security cameras

Does anyone have any security cameras fitted to their properties? My garage is attached to the side of my house, with the drive outside the front of the garage. Unfortunately this means I cannot see the car/front of the garage from inside my house (the only window is from the landing and I cannot see past the garage roof). I would also like to put a camera at the front entrance of the house as this would also track anyone going down to the side door.

At work we have got some Swann cameras and they seem pretty good, they have an app and can be tracked on a phone, or a connected computer. I like the idea of the Nest Protect Pro as I can integrate it with my Google Home network and other smart devices, but they're expensive and I would need at least 2, if not 3 cameras, as I might put one inside the garage too as I have my baja beetle stored in there. The other issue is that it only stores to cloud storage and you have to pay a subscription with that, likewise with a lot of the other "smart" security cameras that are available.

What have you lot got/any recommendations?

Thanks!

quite opportune - i am looking at the same thing so would welcome any comments or suggestions. A friend has fitted one of those Ring (i think thats the name?) doorbells with the built-in camera. Says it has a very wide angle but tends to set off the camera if its too windy etc.

I’ve got some I bought about 18months ago. 4 cameras with the space to add up to 8 in total, 1TB hard drive, all the cameras have motion sensors and record for a set amount once triggered, the box records until its full then overwrites the older stuff. It’s been faultless since I’ve had it, although I’ve had no reason to worry as yet. One camera watches the front one the driveway at the side one the back door and one looks at the garage. I can’t find the exact one I bought, very similar to the hd swann one in maplin.

The only downside is the hard drive in the control box runs 24/7 so best to have it out the way a bit if possible.

ce4761e319046193e80101e7c8838aa5.jpge5a123593be43c446ebfb41380ab0600.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a set up like easypops with a self-overwriting hard drive. Four cameras, one looking down at the front door, one looking down the garden at the garage, one inside the garage, and one in the alleyway behind the garage looking down at the roller shutter... My only advice would be to get infared kit - it's a must, and to stuck with wires. I effed about for a while with mine before I was happy, and the wireless ones didn't cut it for me. Tech may have come along since, but for my money you can't beat the physical option, as long as you fork out for good wires and connecters if there are long distances involved.

on the funny side - where i live its generally the criminals and the drug dealers who have these set ups!!!

Easypops that looks like the ones I set up at work. I think I will probably go down a similar route, post haste because I had a look at the car earlier today and some c*** has jumped on the bonnet and walked over it...theres muddy footprints all over it!!!! What possesses someone to do that!

epgjf9.jpg

Edited by eugopnosaj