1200 bandit

What job do you have

Im an automotive glazing and repair technician.

usually referred to as a windscreen fitter lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't put yourself down. I bet you have knowledge and skills most people on here would kill for.

I have needed all my skills to get my Corrado runing better as had to do lots of wiring repairs as previous owners (or garages)have carried out very poor repairs

Over the winter have completely replace the brakes,suspension,removed and clean,painted the inlet manifold,rocker cover,sump, and bits and bobs

Just plastering and damp proofing here , nothing special , should have tried harder in school .

Nice try mate. Plastering is a skill in itself

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Plastering is the one thing I wish I could do, it's an art.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps , it ain’t rocket science though. Just practice. I suppose it’s like any job , when you do the same thing every day, for god knows how many years it gets a little boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps , it ain’t rocket science though. Just practice. I suppose it’s like any job , when you do the same thing every day, for god knows how many years it gets a little boring.

What he says

Ditto I’m handy around the house with plumbing and basic electrics but plastering is something I just cannot do!

Ditto I’m handy around the house with plumbing and basic electrics but plastering is something I just cannot do!

I have very basic plumbing skills , I have to have them . When your damp proofing and hacking off old walls you tend to hit a few pipes that some bright person has buried in a wall in some random place .

Same here.. wish I could plaster.

Edited by delfinis38

Dairy worker for the last 16 years

Engineering teacher. I wish I had a trade or was self employed.

It’s always the same when this sort of post comes up . Not all of us but a lot of us wish we were doing someone else’s job . Self employment is great don’t get me wrong. But there’s no pension, unless you can afford it , when I go on holiday, no one pays that weeks wages , no sick pay , etc . Plastering is for the young lads , when you hit 49 you know about it believe me, same as most wet trades .

It’s always the same when this sort of post comes up . Not all of us but a lot of us wish we were doing someone else’s job . Self employment is great don’t get me wrong. But there’s no pension, unless you can afford it , when I go on holiday, no one pays that weeks wages , no sick pay , etc . Plastering is for the young lads , when you hit 49 you know about it believe me, same as most wet trades .

Same in the motor trade, I can still replace a engine in one day but it’s getting harder,and gear box’s are getting more heavy by the week

Same in the motor trade, I can still replace a engine in one day but it’s getting harder,and gear box’s are getting more heavy by the week

, I say the same every time I lift a bag of sand or plaster, I’m sure they fill it with an extra couple of kg’s

Just plastering and damp proofing here , nothing special , should have tried harder in school .

Dont knock it Rob, not many tradesmen left now, im a bricklayer 30 odd years experience, wet trades are few and far between now so moneys good as it should be, as you said its a young mans job, im 51 and starting to struggle putting my socks on in the morning ha ha, im sure you know what i mean!! not many youngsters seem to want to do the job now, being self employed doesnt help.

Steelworker, 25yrs in the industry.

Looks like there are some very well educated chaps on here looking at what some of you do for a living.

Wish I never went to university now.. did an engineering degree... love to have an outside practical job rather than twiddling my thumbs.

Dont knock it Rob, not many tradesmen left now, im a bricklayer 30 odd years experience, wet trades are few and far between now so moneys good as it should be, as you said its a young mans job, im 51 and starting to struggle putting my socks on in the morning ha ha, im sure you know what i mean!! not many youngsters seem to want to do the job now, being self employed doesnt help.

Very true , very true . At least I’m working with other people now .

There are very few people who are content in their working lives, how many would continue if they didn't need to? There are so many lotteries now all giving people a tiny glimpse of a way out

There are very few people who are content in their working lives, how many would continue if they didn't need to? There are so many lotteries now all giving people a tiny glimpse of a way out

I for one certainly wouldn’t. I cling on to the scrap of hope every week

I make upvc doors and windows in a small factory being doing it over 10 years did escape for 6 months at the beginning of last year making aftermarket stainless exhausts for motorbikes, ended up going back to my old job for a few reasons but least I can now weld a bit better!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I make upvc doors and windows in a small factory being doing it over 10 years did escape for 6 months at the beginning of last year making aftermarket stainless exhausts for motorbikes, ended up going back to my old job for a few reasons but least I can now weld a bit better!

Who do you work for just about to put an order in for 13 casement windows. Little project over the next few months.

Edited by delfinis38

Who do you work for just about to put an order in for 13 casement windows. Little project over the next few months.
Sbs Cumbria Ltd we have trade counters in Cumbria as well as a few in Scotland if your near any of our trade counters and know your sizes etc just give them a ring for a quote whatever you do don't buy from Everest safe style etc as they rip people off better to call a local manufacturer or local fitter for a price

Thanks bit far north for you guys to deliver in the south but will look you up. Couple of possibilities at the moment veka halo from direct trade ltd, eurocell. Any thoughts on theses. Are Yale shoot bolts really required, going to be anthracite grey foil wrap. Had various quotes from double glazing companies of about 6 - 8 k. Will buy trade and do it myself for about 3.5k. Aiming for 1 window a day. I've done a back door last year and read all the fensa stuff. So will have to get building control to check installation.

I'm favouring eurocell as there is a local outlet, and the new development in our village who's windows all have eurocell.

I've measured windows about 5 times now :) might have one last check....measure twice and alll that.

Both supplies seem to have a three week lead time. Just enough time for me to get my kitchen back together. It's in a spray shop at the moment.

Edited by delfinis38