NWDSdax

Colour coded rear badge

In the next few weeks I’m going to be stripping the car down for a paint correction. Il be removing the rear badges and noticed some cars have colour coded corrado badges. Have people painted them themselves?

Or is it possible to buy new replacements from anywhere? I’d like to refresh all 3 badges while thy are off really?

Thanks

Edited by NWDSdax

Early vr6 had painted Corrado script with red VR6 badge. Later ones after K plate hade brushed chrome rear badges.

All had shiney chrome VW badges

I'm not sure it's massively consistent. My very late VR6 had red VR6 badges front and rear, Chromed Corrado and VW badge. It may well have been a purchaser option.

When the swap over period came , there were cars with different badges until the parts ran out.Agreed though from late 93 all cars had the same badges. Mine is an early VR , so it does have the red badges, but the VW badge is chrome .

Might have been modified by a previous owner, I have the chrome badges but think the red looks better .

But that's what I'm saying. Mine is a May 1995 car and had red badges.

I would be 100% in saying the red badges were put on by another owner, maybe he or she preferred them ?, technically the car should have chrome badges, but it’s your car and you should do as you please. If your happy with red badges then why not use them .