fla

ULEZ vehicle tracker

Just put my corrados reg in and it shows im not compliant :( not sure how its calculated but obviously cant take it into London (or even some of greater London!)

Thoughts??

It isn't calculated it's just based on the manufacturer stated emission rating. The rating scheme didn't even exist when the Corrado was made!

You'll just have to pay the £12.50 a day, or go by train!

Thats 12.50 on top of the congestion charge! Oh well, even less chance of seeing some nice corrados in London :(

I imagine they'll have to start dealing with the concept of people who have to live within the zone too, like they do with the congestion charge. No idea how much that will cost..

Just another tax on the motorist.... makes me laugh, the least green cars such as the Prius which has a huge carbon foot print before it even leave the factory are unaffected

I imagine they'll have to start dealing with the concept of people who have to live within the zone too, like they do with the congestion charge. No idea how much that will cost..

My plan is to SORN the corrado every day it's not being driven...

I checked this the other day and wasn't surprised. It's a little worrying because I live inside the M25, albeit outside of the current zone. It will expand in the future though.

I bet most people within the North Circ don't even know about the expanded zone.

Once it comes into force and hits them in the wallet there'll be moans but everyone will just pay the charge..

It's funny how people in the UK just accept being shafted by things like this. If this was France there'd be protests, blockades, riots.. We should take a leaf out of their book :)

My parents live just within the expanded zone, and I live just outside it. So I'll have to pay £12.50, or whatever it is, every time I go to visit.

Also, from what I've read, there's not going to be any discount for residents within the zone, so my folks will have to pay the daily charge.

I don't think Khan is going to be re-elected as Mayor after all this. I understand his motives for this expanded ULEZ zone, but it's just going to affect the people on the lowest incomes more than the wealthier.

I bet most people within the North Circ don't even know about the expanded zone.

Once it comes into force and hits them in the wallet there'll be moans but everyone will just pay the charge..

It's funny how people in the UK just accept being shafted by things like this. If this was France there'd be protests, blockades, riots.. We should take a leaf out of their book :)

My parents live just within the expanded zone, and I live just outside it. So I'll have to pay £12.50, or whatever it is, every time I go to visit.

Also, from what I've read, there's not going to be any discount for residents within the zone, so my folks will have to pay the daily charge.

I don't think Khan is going to be re-elected as Mayor after all this. I understand his motives for this expanded ULEZ zone, but it's just going to affect the people on the lowest incomes more than the wealthier.

I'm not sure, I think the people on the lowest incomes in London don't have a car, they have to take the bus.

The rootin tootin new-middle class will be up in arms though... like us

Yep, we do just sit down and take it, let the government do whatever they want. Its a joke, Not everyone can use public transport, even in London.

I wasn't talking about the people who are on low wages and don't already have a vehicle :)

The expanded zone covers a huge area, there's lots of people on lower incomes driving cars which are over 10 years old and rely on them to get to work.

I can't see them spending thousands on something newer.

Anyway, does charging tolls actually work? They bought in the congestion charge 20 years ago to reduce traffic in central London, and it's still gridlock.

Its a nightmare I have two flatbed pickups I use at works and its on the cards in Birmigham.All it will do is congest the main road circling the charge zone and move the pollution closer to the residential area(steering around the congestion charge). The whole idea is a new tax to replace the loss on income on cigs and alchol with the changing generation of snowflakes that stay in eat a pack crisps getting fat while posting on there facebook page. For ****e sake the rados have a catalaitic converter its a con and I hate that London Mayor setting an example to all the other major cities. We dont have an underground like London we dont like catching the bus , I dont want a new car that is a bubble piece of throw away crap.

Edited by Keyo

The only way to fix traffic problems is for fewer people to drive .. that's it. And that means people have to either work less far from home (average commuting distance has increased massively in the last generation) walk to school instead of drive (more kids have two working parents dropping on the way to school than ever before) and mostly provide a viable alternative with good subsidised public transport.

Truth is that unless there's radical upheaval in working practices or society very soon then people have to let go the conceited belief that they have a *right* to drag over a ton of metal everywhere with them anytime they want to go anywhere. Electric bikes all round!

A quick one, would the Corrado be classified as a classic car so would be exempt from the ULEZ charge?