Keyo

Black magic returns home

1 hour ago, Dox said:

MK3s, MK4s, MK5s ...... Have the noise dampening foam rotting out the wings inside out, as soon as you see a blister they're holed, I've not had a MK4 with a kit, but they've all rotted in the same place and again its inside to outside.

This looks clean but very bad reviews on dealer so will not pursue. . 

My man maths says this car will not drop a penny in four years even with mileage increase  but my audi will drop at 7 k in the same time The one will make you grin whilst driving as well.The more I read up on the tfsi I see they a grenading - Midlands VW even have ready built up ones ready to exchange ! I think that is 6 k or so ouch - my man maths are ticking over now ! 

I think they look great in the rare dark blue moonlight-  I actually think the more common silver really suits a Mk4 as well.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225307912449?hash=item347565e901:g:zzMAAOSwVwBjoHJv&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoJ6nB5Vn9y2LIa7L%2BuSPVuWgi6fyREotqJcOdWsA86x87UrO6zRkYJOxdDll7JTYzVvQKjsE8dUNkhd4o3IUESRIOi1hFJ4X4XPQrUYrJKUed7K%2FLauKLFmqVXI5fJ3Mn7KnKXJ7afqj8Ox5o6mwKFo%2BEebOeAAO1lUrZT7%2B2rJQsPPCBL%2FdSMER57RaM2Q681ogdBo5l9Dlq6M77%2FQaQO8%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_iz3s3FYQ

Edited by Keyo

Google 17748 / 17755 (cam / crank correlation codes) chain stretch maybe, maybe crank / cam sensors, sprockets, VVT actuators, oil passage restrictions, loom, ECU, chain jump.

The upper chain was replaced on some due to recall (in practice only when the visited VW for service) as Sachs stamped their name too heavily into the chain links causing weak spots and eventually snapping.

Give me a donkey / boat anchor VR6 anyway over one of these

This looks nice but Im still stuck in the 80s - could I live with a mordor !!!! The stereo upgrade looks a huge bonus and the interior looks very good . Going to send a PM.  Were they all 4 door in the Japan market hmm - all seem to be ?? 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202301313803410?include-delivery-option=on&price-to=16000&sort=relevance&make=Volkswagen&model=Golf&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&year-to=2006&radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=R32&maximum-mileage=80000&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=b736hg&page=1

Edited by Keyo

Looks nice that and I had thought all R32s from Japan were DSG so it's refreshing to see there are manuals out there. The clocks are still in kmh but you can get them changed.

3 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

Looks nice that and I had thought all R32s from Japan were DSG so it's refreshing to see there are manuals out there. The clocks are still in kmh but you can get them changed.

Sure Ive seen a firm that change them for £250 - I just know an r32 in the Uk 100 k plus will mostly  have rot - I think the jap ones are mostly very clean, A low clean mk4 r32 is just too much now in the uk to justify. 

Shame the jap imports don't come in 3 door. I've just been looking myself as have always liked the mk4 and had a couple of normal ones. Not sure why i didn't buy one instead of the corrado in the first place. Probably too expensive although funny how the table turned on that one. 

Even though 4 door would be practical for me I'd really have think long and hard as want it to be my weekend car - love the blues, blacks and silvers (and reds). VR6 motor has always been an all time favourite for me.

Also been looking at cayman 987.2 but just not practical enough with a dog and 2 kids that might want to occassionally go out in it. Gen 2 I was thinking to avoid the engine troubles of 911s in my budget. Suppose can look at 987.2 as "my" sports car and get a daily equivalent of a R32 such as a Golf R estate instead to go alongside.

I do still walk into the garage and think i might regret letting the Corrado go but can always get another one one day if i felt like it - do you ever have any regrets on not seeing Black Magic anymore? It is time to move on and try new things I reckon and only 2 days to go until i drive it up to auction. I've done auction becuase I can't be bothered with punters and test drives plus if it sits with me I'll um and agh about keeping it as has happened many times before.

2 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

Shame the jap imports don't come in 3 door. I've just been looking myself as have always liked the mk4 and had a couple of normal ones. Not sure why i didn't buy one instead of the corrado in the first place. Probably too expensive although funny how the table turned on that one. 

Even though 4 door would be practical for me I'd really have think long and hard as want it to be my weekend car - love the blues, blacks and silvers (and reds). VR6 motor has always been an all time favourite for me.

Also been looking at cayman 987.2 but just not practical enough with a dog and 2 kids that might want to occassionally go out in it. Gen 2 I was thinking to avoid the engine troubles of 911s in my budget. Suppose can look at 987.2 as "my" sports car and get a daily equivalent of a R32 such as a Golf R estate instead to go alongside.

I do still walk into the garage and think i might regret letting the Corrado go but can always get another one one day if i felt like it - do you ever have any regrets on not seeing Black Magic anymore? It is time to move on and try new things I reckon and only 2 days to go until i drive it up to auction. I've done auction becuase I can't be bothered with punters and test drives plus if it sits with me I'll um and agh about keeping it as has happened many times before.

I dont to be honest but I still have a classic Mk2 for the classic itch- more over for me I had three hatches fwd so was a very bad balance for a three car collection- variety is the spice of life and all that- also I don't ever want to put loads of money into restoring a car again and loose loads of money selling ,and also a niche car that is hard to sell if I do decide I want a change. 

Ive just looked at the value of my audi a5 and i think It will be enough to get a sub 40k Mk4 r32 from Japan- Im happy to daily that as should be reliable and the Mk4 is a modern enough platform for creature comforts- I owned a Mk4  GTI 1.8 T few years old V591 HDU - It was a great car - owned for about three years its was indigo blue  - I traded it in for a saab 93 turbo MX04 LXE - I never will forget the the trader when I turned up with the golf- he said ahhh  we call that shit blue in the trade I didn't realise it was shit blue lol. 

I would be sick if the tfsi engine popped in my audi- a guy on the porsche group daileys one and his just went at 61k and yes 6k bill en route- bore scored .  I would seriously begrudge that as have no bond woih the car its just gets me to work. For me im just not a big fan of the tfsi - Ive owned a golf 7 gti and sold that after a year and now want to sell the audi after 6 months- after my saab sold around 2008 all my coupes were v6 and I bloody hate a 4 cylinder in a heavy car- feels lost and numb .  Love my 16v 4 cylinder but a tfsi turbo is just a numb fart machine. 

Im not sure yet if they did a 3dr in Japan- im trying to find out- Moonlight blue would be my first choice for sure. 

Edited by Keyo

From what I can see in Japan they came in 3dr but are lhd and all the rhd seem to be in 5 dr . 

I see exactly what you're saying on the 4 cyl and TFSI. The mk4 (and 5) would give you decent reliable motoring and the 24v doesn't have the bore ovulation the 12vs can suffer too. Chains and whatever else in that areas is needed for maintenance but I'd probably just read the codes and chance it for a year if it's a low mileage car. Last of the big engined hatches so pretty sweet to have a last chance saloon driving around in one as a daily. There is the A3 3.2 as a cut price option but it just doesn't have the sparkle of the mk4 with those nice seats and it's bodykit. There isn't a lot around that is 6cyl and daily - 330i E92 maybe but quite a rare car to find. Manual for me is pretty important and limits my own choices. 

Good to hear on the rado. Same feelings here underlying these days and mines higher miles too. Someone else will pick it up and enjoy it for whatever it fetches, don't want to jinx it but what will be will be and at least it's the right sort of time to be selling. Same here on 3 FWD hatches. The mk3 is the last I'll sell and may end up keeping it as I do like have a big soft spot for it.

Ahh i did see some 3 doors but LHD so that explains that. 

40 grand!! That car was for sale end of summer last year for 30k, same pics.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Was just watching a documentary about the sterns rave club and the owner called Mensa 

This popped up on the documentary he passed away on high speed crash in the early 90s . can see a speedline alloy . 

9433E9B2-FC8D-4261-BD05-A14DCFFC3B93.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Dox said:

MK1 TT rear axles are horrific compared to that

Holly somosa that is terrible. 

Maybe its because they throw salt on the road at any given opportunity these days so they get the same budget the next year the council. 

Hi there! Sorry for the random post but I owned the Golf in the pics H540 UGK back around 2008 ish, loved this car! Glad to see it’s still around, if you ever decide to sell please let me know I would love to have the opportunity to have it back! Cheers