Keyo

Black magic returns home

9 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Can't ask for a better review mate, thanks! I'm very happy for you, it's nice to do an upgrade that is worth it. I guess the combination of thus and VSR is the perfect match. Too bad it's that expensive with that weak Canadian money... Thank you! 

Ive been offered some vwms 268 cams to but i think im finishing the build there- ive heard 268 can be a bit lumpy and the engine is very smooth at the moment .

I cant remember what rev reading was on stock box at 70 mph - on my G60 its just over 3 k - which code is your box as gearing can be different for different markets - in the Uk the codes for a VR box are CHN + CHM mk3/rado. 

Edited by Keyo

On 12/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, Keyo said:

I hate seeing this. 

Can still get these from classics or Heritage new for £65.00 

ON ebay for x5 cost off a greedy seller. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Grill-3-Slat-NOS/254801380636?hash=item3b5358851c:g:iYEAAOSwvi5fzpGI

Someone is bidding on these you can still buy them from the dealers for £65.00 - upto £99.00 all ready with 6 days left. Purchased a set last year. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-RHD-GENUINE-4-piece-black-carpet-mat-set-with-emblem-863VAG1418BJ-NOS/174555033334?hash=item28a44a6ef6:g:pWAAAOSwUAdf02W-

Picture is just illustration part number is correct. 

https://store.inchcape.co.uk/collections/volkswagen-floor-mats/products/vw-carpet-mat-set-863vag1418bj

Hi, I just took a delivery  today of a set of the mats Keyo mentioned from Inschape, part nr:863-VAG-141-8B-J., they are Black Mats made by Votex, with Corrado name embroidered in Silver/Grey on Drivers and Passenger mats, quality as mentioned in other posts is not as good as original, but not bad for £68.99 GBP delivered in 2 days via ParcelForce.

Not sure how many VW UK have left in stock, and believe only black available ?

I attach a couple of pics for ref.

Cheers.

863-VAG-141-8B-J_.jpg

863-VAG-141-8B-J_b..jpg

37 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Glad you got a set mate . 

Hi, 

Thanks Keyo, In reality quality wise theyr'e probably worth around £30:00,  but VW have to add a bit for the embroidery !, still at least half the price of Spoonfed Tuning ones (though Spoonfed ones appear to be much better quality , if you can afford what the import would cost you, and the waiting).

Cheers.

Fitted these new Heating controls today - you can still buy them new from classics rhd - i must say they are gash compared to the reliable simple old heater controls in the g60 and the mk2 - its a plastic cog hell fest. 

From what I have learnt I purchased some new silver clips but they would not fit for love or for money so just used the old ones which were still good- proper head sweat job as didn't want to brake the plastic lug the clip houses the cable to - really do not use the new clips you will damage the lug trying to get them on if you carry on- I stopped re thinked went into my loft and got some old ones that worked perfectly. Its still a bit stiff direction dial - only when in speed 3 and 4 bizarre - in the long run the box would need to come out and lube the cogs and felt the flaps so smooth - annoyingly the last owner paid a garage £800 to do the matrix but the buggers only did the matrix and not refurb the box- waste of labour  !!! 

52235F96-A769-4C79-99EB-39FAF0FC42ED.jpeg

1999F5A0-CCB0-4985-AB20-E73674A110B0.png

01DC0657-3C15-4EA5-8CC6-1B46421FBE80.jpeg

0D14EFF0-3BA5-45AC-9D8D-27E36D96589B.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Mine was a box of bits when I bought the car, proper head job, I feel your pain. 
Did you do braided front brake lines on this car

10 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Mine was a box of bits when I bought the car, proper head job, I feel your pain. 

Yes have some Hel stainless on the front brakes mate . The f ing things cost 260 I think and getting the new clips on so easily could of write the buggers off by braking the chocolate tabs - just glad im learning walking away and re think - old clips were either streched all ready or the new clips are out of tolerance. So Im really warning people use the old clips if you dont want to write off the new heating unit. 

My other advice is they are that shit a design just leave the direction to window demister and never touch the basterd thing - you know a bit like the fogs never go near that £££££ button ha- or the sunroof. 

Another hint I knew it was there as broke a coulpe of cars the screw up in the left vent to remove the centre console jelly trim - what a place ha. 

Edited by Keyo

18 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

These are the ones I purchased but they are for 288mm callipers late Mk3. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202562895141

Also bagged this the other for daily duties which might be an interest to you. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271375167698

As a preventative measure I've bought some Mk4 heater controls. Slightly different but seem better built than the originals. Just need to figure out how to adapt the cables to the heater box

20 minutes ago, fla said:

As a preventative measure I've bought some Mk4 heater controls. Slightly different but seem better built than the originals. Just need to figure out how to adapt the cables to the heater box

Could you not fit some early heater controls- so much bloody better and cheap if the mk4 dont work. 

I, going to pop outside in a bit and see how bright they are from factory the dials will post a pic ha. 

Edited by Keyo

Agree on the heater controls, early always gets my preference.

I’ve seen people trying to wrench the direction dial when on speed 3 and wondering why they break 😳. Crazy.

Is that a powered aerial I spy ?

1 hour ago, James. said:

Agree on the heater controls, early always gets my preference.

I’ve seen people trying to wrench the direction dial when on speed 3 and wondering why they break 😳. Crazy.

Is that a powered aerial I spy ?

It is chap well spotted its a 191 part number golf mk2 came off an early corrado i broke  and still nice and silver underneath- but its going on my Mk2 Im afraid tomorrow as old one is 32 years to old . 

I remember doing the heater control, it was scary, brittle plastic! Looks good though! I need to replace my antenna as well... I can't believe they charged £800 just to change the matrix and they didn't clean up the box, really?? 

11 hours ago, Keyo said:

So this is how they look with new lenses . 

6C268FBB-E158-4D63-BF48-B676E5C440B2.jpeg

Still a bit pants I see! I've got a fibre optic acrylic sheet type thing for mine. I forget the exact terminology, but there was a group buy a few years back for them and it's perfect. The ring around the heat dial changes from blue to red gradually as it goes round too. Pretty neat and lights up the whole panel much better, you can actually see the top corners.

Ironically, I just noticed the lamps for the knobs on mine aren't working. 🙄. I'll get that sorted later.

11 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I remember doing the heater control, it was scary, brittle plastic! Looks good though! I need to replace my antenna as well... I can't believe they charged £800 just to change the matrix and they didn't clean up the box, really?? 

Yes mate its annoying the last owner just took it to a generic garage - I dread to think what matrix they put in - bound to be a Topran yeaks ha !  Just taking off the centre console doing the dials gave me flashback depression doing the g60 refurb. My Mk2 will be the next box to be refurbed and will be getting a host of nos parts and garaged used only summer - a good 16v now 3 dr can achieve close to 20 K sterling if original as they have mostly been destroyed over modded cut up - engine transplants . Here are a few of the obsolete goodies going on the Mk2 I have been collecting the last few years, cant wait to get that stock exhaust on will be just like been back in the 90s again.  

Mainly consits of 

G60 upgarde calipers. 

Votex Console

Oe Leinstz exhaust system inc downpipe (gathered parts worlwide)

Pro alloy swirl pot _bosch accessories 

New Hella lights and grill 

New nos decals 

Lemforder suspension components 

I never wanted to fit in till I have a garage. 

CD852371-E65C-43AB-BA90-3032889EBE3D.jpeg

9D2B4915-D1EB-418B-BFF4-7ABA5B763DFA.jpeg

64851E7E-41FB-48F9-8701-2563AD3AE180.jpeg

6729BC61-A15D-4AC4-8DC5-7304E4101011.jpeg

1A59A5D6-ED40-465A-9CD1-24D6D876FE5C.jpeg

DCA22D0B-77F2-4D01-9C18-960EACF5F65D.jpeg

24851FE3-D11C-4D64-8099-B49928E989C2.jpeg

B47526FE-FD19-4AC0-8C75-8CB04AC8DCCD.jpeg

7E68C6E4-1A31-4C09-966A-0B81B1C24A1D.jpeg

F11FC695-7141-494E-91C2-8BE6FF436DA7.jpeg

D652D8ED-62AD-4C2E-ABF6-4439B628C166.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

53 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Ironically, I just noticed the lamps for the knobs on mine aren't working. 🙄. I'll get that sorted later.

Its only the middle one is that the bulb or one of the reflector's yo think ?  I have just noticed my middle does not show the blue and red perimeter ?

Edited by Keyo

Not surprised you’re keeping them safe and warm in the house. Are you changing from keep fit windows to electric or were they electric as standard?

Just now, James. said:

Not surprised you’re keeping them safe and warm in the house. Are you changing from keep fit windows to electric or were they electric as standard?

Thankfully it came from factory with electric windows and power steering which is the only options I wanted - the only thing I have toyed with is some recaro but the rainbow has to be one of the most classic loved stock interior so really cant justify forking out the money for some - its a disgusting habit keeping them parts in a bedroom but once they are fitted my house house will be de cluttered - everything stored in loft and shed . At one point I had three rooms full of new parts but now down to one- its the interiors doing refurb I will not risk leaving them in the garage as too many mice. 

16 hours ago, Keyo said:

Could you not fit some early heater controls- so much bloody better and cheap if the mk4 dont work. 

I, going to pop outside in a bit and see how bright they are from factory the dials will post a pic ha. 

Not a bad idea, but i do prefer the aesthetics of the rotary controls tbh. Shame they're made out of cheese.

I've also got a climatronic box and digital panel in the garage if i ever feel very adventurous...

5 hours ago, Keyo said:

Its only the middle one is that the bulb or one of the reflector's yo think ?  I have just noticed my middle does not show the blue and red perimeter ?

The standard dials don't show the blue/red, it's just a feature of the sheet thing I have. I've not looked at my dials yet, strange how it's all 3 so I'll investigate. I have some spares if it's just the lamps, and have a set of MK3 dials which are identical except the direction and speed dials are opposite, so I can use the reflectors if its that. 

That's a great list of parts for the MK2 you have there! I don't envy you with finding parts for the three of your cars though mate, that must be a full time job! 

Ok, I do envy you a little bit......   😆

Edited by seanl82