mooG60

ABS Sensor

I have tested my front ABS sensors and I have a resistance reading through one sensor and an open circuit through the other......

Which one would be the broken one please?

Got to be the open circuit one. Buy a new one and check its resistance against the reading you have. That's the easy bit. They are a pig to get out so goodluck

That's what I thought, thanks.

I ordered one and later that day came across an old thread stating that the sensor with a higher resistance would be the broken one, so it made me wonder.

I was going to remove it in the morning. Any tips on how to remove please?

They are only hard to remove if you don't want to break them. Hammer / screwdriver / punch / chisel .. what ever you have to hand really.

Allen headed retaining bolt which may be a bit rusty, heat will do the trick if that's the case

Ok thanks chaps

Going to have a look now. No doubt the Allen key will be ceased. Just about everything else is.

Cheers

Where is the best place and brand to go for regarding ABS Sensors, there seems to be a lot of options on the Bay.

I've had hassle before with the really cheap ones (your mileage might vary, lots of others have had no problems with them) - in the end I went for either ATE, Bosch or VAG originals and haven't had any problems since. I think if you stick with a decent brand like the above, or Bremi/Valeo/VDO you shouldn't really go wrong. There is a big difference in price though, from about £30 to over four times that - so you could rationalise it and say that even if the cheaper one fails, you can buy several more for the same price provided you don't mind the work involved in replacing them.

I always try to go for good quality in sensors apart from the MAS sensor which is an absolute rip for the Corrado, for a Bosch MAS on a R129 brand new is £110 (74K car new) compared to £180 for a Bosch one on a Corrado (24K car new)

I grabbed one from GSF

Delphi Technologies. They said it was a Quality part......

At under £20 quid with the click and collect discount I didn't argue.

Can some one tell me where the rear ABS sensor lead connecting plug is located please?

I presumed it would be at the top of the strut housing but I don't want to start stripping interior trim randomly.

Thanks