Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

4 hours ago, fendervg said:

That's like a time machine.

They had some interesting variants and home-grown cars in Brazil - always fancied me an SP2, but you'd need at least a V6 or FI 4-pot in it to do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_SP2

image.jpeg.a688b47249c130fcfb9a4eec63f9b4dd.jpeg

I have a thing about Renault Alpine A610, but they're French! Mitsi Starion too

Good honest car but needs a lot spending on it. Went for strong money indeed. 4.8 k plus fees I imagine and transport to collet. 

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auctions/1992-vw-corrado-g60-W4XWrn?fbclid=IwAR2vLEX9gHSaTrFkeFy4gzMU5TPdDrHSZT0pwb1zwbqxgpjjnsViy3qM4tE

My observations metal repairs to rust - full respray - will need to rebuild the charger- new interior-multiple dented /damaged panels -  undercarriage restoration and suspension - fogs and indicators-    my estimate 10 k plus renovation easily more like 15K and above .  

Would it not of been a better idea to buy a 8k one that was well sorted and could enjoy straight off the bat ? 

Edited by Keyo

I guess some people just like doing the resto/build work themselves so that they know it has been done properly - although personally I'd agree with spending the extra to get a well sorted example in the first place.

1 hour ago, fendervg said:

I guess some people just like doing the resto/build work themselves so that they know it has been done properly - although personally I'd agree with spending the extra to get a well sorted example in the first place.

The best way to look at these cars values I think is the difference is between a derelict barn or a renovated barn conversion. 

Edited by Keyo

Love looking at this UK dealers Japan imported cars- this car would make such a comfortable daily. 

only 36k on the clock and a 100k car new from memory - has the legendary bulletproof M113 V8. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-MERCEDES-BENZ-CL-500-5-0-COUPE-FRESH-IMPORT-ONLY-35621-MILES/353373446710?hash=item5246b2e236:g:mokAAOSwIihgGDhB

Last time I saw one of these in good nick ! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XJS-CONVERTIBLE-5-3-V12-RARE-IMPORTED-RHD-AUTO-ONLY-31000-MILES/353373435272?hash=item5246b2b588:g:R1gAAOSwuBdgGDUC

Edited by Keyo

9 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Love that Merc. A hell of a lot of car for that money

Isnt it just- 7k for a 100k car new with 36k on the clock- that engine is bullet proof as well. 

Did you notice the Renault GT 5 Gordinii for 100K!!! 

Edited by Keyo

On 1/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, Keyo said:

No ergonomic switches on the dash all on the centre console display screen - I hate this as have bad eyesight and like to identify switches by feel whilst driving- one press will do dont want to press a screen 5 times .

I agree with this. I think this is something that is being overlooked with the touchscreens, to do anything you have to take your eyes off the road to see what you are pressing, instead of using muscle memory. Obviously there are so many functions now that not everything can have a button or dial but keeping some key ones would be nice.

Have to say I think interiors are where modern cars have come on massively over the last 10-15 years, more so than in the preceding 10. Hired a lowly Corsa the other day and it was a pretty comfortable, pleasant place to sit. Everything felt solid, materials were not bad quality and it looked pretty good. 10 years ago and in the equivalent you'd know you were sitting in something cheap and not so cheerful.

Shit, how much!!! Ha ha. Anything that's a left hooker and in Km is not worth that. Still nice though 😊

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1990-volkswagen-golf-gti/27161663?fbclid=IwAR2lE4Jg0tH1ARzpuRB8OlqEhbdbI4cSb58fKIYqHR3yq2Q1mIuz_6K7wFA

Spotted here in Ireland - nearly €20k for an 8v -   and apparently it's sold as well. Wish I had kept mine - could sell it now to fund bodywork repairs and fog lights on the VR6!!! I don't think that car looks that great on close inspection either.

The worst is the recaro grey cloth form Mk2 they are selling for 2k with rips in for a set and some without door cards- they were a 450 option new - rado leather 1800 k new- so awful value and mugs feeding the monsters selling them.

In regards to the Limited motorsport I remember on the secondhand market when a Raylle was 5k and the limited 16v G60 (71 made ) were 10k at the same time- my valuation would put the Limited in todays money at 60 k (Rallye 30K) , I reckon that one in link above that is based in Italy could be the one that was owned by Hugo Boss- could well of been a Mafia car with deep pockets. 

Edited by Keyo

46 minutes ago, Keyo said:

The worst is the recaro grey cloth form Mk2 they are selling for 2k with rips in for a set and some without door cards- they were a 450 option new - rado leather 1800 k new- so awful value and mugs feeding the monsters selling them.

In regards to the Limited motorsport I remember on the secondhand market when a Raylle was 5k and the limited 16v G60 (71 made ) were 10k at the same time- my valuation would put the Limited in todays money at 60 k (Rallye 30K) , I reckon that one in link above that is based in Italy could be the one that was owned by Hugo Boss- could well of been a Mafia car with deep pockets. 

Haha - "deep side pockets" - maybe Audioscape! And heavy duty shocks at the rear for carrying around all that dead weight and concrete.

I take it we have all noticed this low mileage storm for sale  at auction- all ready at 20k. 

The seller was on facebook and presented himself as what would appear a long time Corrado owner / he soon got caught out by a few comments. Why do they do this surely honesty is the best policy . 

What would people on here want from a Corrado for 20k- would have to have some recaro in there at least for me - does anyone else instinctively feel  some of these low miler cars might not be the great buys they appear to be ?  I mean a good wax polish and in a showroom with lights reflecting on the body can make a car look real good. From reading the description its still on original 25 year old suspension so that's 10 years past its life span- i don't care its done 45k miles the plastics still degrade on the timing chain - in fact can anyone see any preventive maintenance or anything major done to the car- this car could cost you an absolute fortune after purchasing with things going wrong - for me I would have no interest in this car that the dealer probably paid 5 k in part ex a couple of years back, It also mentions surface rust on the scuttle - a sign the car has lived mostly outside and debris build up? 

Are we actually looking at the worst value corrado in the country at 20 K ?  I would imagine what I have spent on my car that cost a fraction I would be spending the same on this? 

https://themarket.co.uk/listings/volkswagen/corrado-vr6-storm/b70a4cae-9c88-45f1-99c7-e6f3b8e0447e?status=live&fbclid=IwAR2SZLRTMfETJwg91akoq13Jv6MSLQLqtUwnqQ_kc_Pil2BGZLcn04DRawM

Edited by Keyo

I think this is a real shame,I know most people will say that the value of their car going up is a positive thing,for me one of the best things about these cars was that you would get a great drivers car for relatively small outlay.As for low mileage examples,rightly or wrongly the first thing the average car buyer looks at is the cars mileage.I would have thought this car will appeal to someone as an investment rather than to drive it to within an inch of its life.

3 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

I think this is a real shame,I know most people will say that the value of their car going up is a positive thing,for me one of the best things about these cars was that you would get a great drivers car for relatively small outlay.As for low mileage examples,rightly or wrongly the first thing the average car buyer looks at is the cars mileage.I would have thought this car will appeal to someone as an investment rather than to drive it to within an inch of its life.

I would say you are spot on- or a buyer that thinks a classic car is like a new car that has less mileage will be in better condition. After owning and restoring several classic cars I feel like most members on her we no what to look out for and shall we say clued up. 

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

https://www.glenmarch.com/auction-cars/show-backup-image/87157

Made 60k last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shite I remember these sapphire- I didnt realise these were selling for that much - thought it was just the whale tail 3dr early. my mate had two of these and his dad had one and took the engine out and put it in a P100 pick up. 

Edited by Keyo

Just now, Keyo said:

Holy shite I remember these saphite- I didnt realise these were selling for that mush - thought it was just the whale tail 3dr early. 

My mate sold his 4 x 4 last march at mattewsons for £12,500

1 minute ago, Dox said:

My mate sold his 4 x 4 last march at mattewsons for £12,500

Jesus I had a couple of sport fords in the past but never had the build quality of vag. 

My brother in law owned a brand new whale tale in the 80s in a light blue colour - car is still about and owner contacted him last year. He then went on to 928 - e married my sister and got a dingy instead to use on the Avon 😅

Edited by Keyo