Jayceer

Old hand returns

Hi all,

Owned two Corrados previously H107JRE red 16valver and M906NNA blue VR6 now (11 years later) back in a red VR6 and loving it!

Leicester based so always up for a local meet for any of the East Mids owners

Cheers

Jim

Very clean, and I like the body kit, suits it! Gonna get the side skirts and door trim professionally resprayed and applied when funds allow...

Welcome back Jayceer.

Leicester is not that far from me, some where north of Coventry would be a centre point for both of us. If anyone else is that area maybe we could arrange a meet up.

There is a classic car meet in Hinckley on the 16th of this month, I'm tempted to take drive over, so we could possibly do a meet there if anyone is interested.

https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/events/event/311/hinckley_bids_classic_car_meet

Welcome back Jayceer.

Leicester is not that far from me, some where north of Coventry would be a centre point for both of us. If anyone else is that area maybe we could arrange a meet up.

There is a classic car meet in Hinckley on the 16th of this month, I'm tempted to take drive over, so we could possibly do a meet there if anyone is interested.

https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/events/event/311/hinckley_bids_classic_car_meet

Sounds like a plan! Nice road from Leicester to cov via Hinckley

Welcome back Jayceer.

Saw that Red Rado with the dealer body kit looks a very clean car !

Ive got to sort the body work on mine VR first but I'm based in Birmingham and will be up for a Midlands meet in a couple of months .

Anyone been to Caffine and machine in Strattford Upon Avon , my mate has a Harley and he wants me to follow him in the Rado ha.

Would be a good central location for a lot of members.

https://caffeineandmachine.com/

Saw that Red Rado with the dealer body kit looks a very clean car !

Ive got to sort the body work on mine VR first but I'm based in Birmingham and will be up for a Midlands meet in a couple of months .

Anyone been to Caffine and machine in Strattford Upon Avon , my mate has a Harley and he wants me to follow him in the Rado ha.

Would be a good central location for a lot of members.

https://caffeineandmachine.com/

Used to go there when I had a BMW GSA, nice venue, that car park would look great full of Rado’s ��

I've never been their mate so would like to give it a bash later this year, maybe the Corrado GB members can sort out an open day there for none members as well and do a bit of networking, but primarily to show off the cars to the world . Centrally based in the UK.

Edited by Keyo

I've never been their mate so would like to give it a bash later this year, maybe the Corrado GB members can sort out an open day their for none members as well and do a bit of networking, but primarily to show off the cars to the world .

Definitely, surprised there aren’t more meets outside the big events, I went Stanford Hall last Sunday and nearly bust a blood vessel when there was me and another ‘rado on the motorway lol

Well lets sort something out but Im looking more like July in till Ive sorted out my body work. Ill post something up in a month or so see if the numbers will gather, and Im sure the facebook crew can pass on the message .

Well lets sort something out but Im looking more like July in till Ive sorted out my body work. Ill post something up in a month or so see if the numbers will gather, and Im sure the facebook crew can pass on the message .

Sounds a plan! What you doing to the bodywork?

Will def post a thread on a meet Jayce. I do believe there are quite a lot of Rado owners in the Midlands, there is a Khaki 16V one in my home town and the women always pulls me over and says get your Schrick out lol.

Body work

Front and rear arches slight bubbling

Car park door dings

Rear Reg light trim new and spray, also bit of rust in that area

Better finish on the under bonnet cutout that was originally cut to allow for the bonnet to close over the Schrick variable manifold.

Door hinges because have a bit of sag.

Very slight bubbling on internal drivers door sill

Here's my motor if you want a butcher J.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?109949-Black-magic-returns-home&highlight=black+magic

Edited by Keyo

I took a drive to Caffeine and Machine on Monday.

There were plenty of cars and bikes there. Everything from US customs to an Armoured Personnel Carrier.

It's £5 to park up(coffee included), if you have a car of interest they will get you to park on the main grass area for others to view.

I didn't stay long as it's kind of boring sitting there on your own, but I can imagine over the space of a few hours there would be lots of nice cars arriving, making it an entertaining afternoon of eating, drinking and chatting.

Some kid came along and took a photo of the good side of my car, so that made me slightly happier at forking out the fiver :lol:

Will def post a thread on a meet Jayce. I do believe there are quite a lot of Rado owners in the Midlands, there is a Khaki 16V one in my home town and the women always pulls me over and says get your Schrick out lol.

Body work

Front and rear arches slight bubbling

Car park door dings

Rear Reg light trim new and spray, also bit of rust in that area

Better finish on the under bonnet cutout that was originally cut to allow for the bonnet to close over the Schrick variable manifold.

Door hinges because have a bit of sag.

Very slight bubbling on internal drivers door sill

Here's my motor if you want a butcher J.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?109949-Black-magic-returns-home&highlight=black+magic

Wow good work! And here’s me wondering where I get some new screws to hold number plate light bracket on with lol

I took a drive to Caffeine and Machine on Monday.

There were plenty of cars and bikes there. Everything from US customs to an Armoured Personnel Carrier.

It's £5 to park up(coffee included), if you have a car of interest they will get you to park on the main grass area for others to view.

I didn't stay long as it's kind of boring sitting there on your own, but I can imagine over the space of a few hours there would be lots of nice cars arriving, making it an entertaining afternoon of eating, drinking and chatting.

Some kid came along and took a photo of the good side of my car, so that made me slightly happier at forking out the fiver :lol:

:cheers:

Would it be a good venue for a Rado meet up MOO ?

It would be the ideal place really as the whole venue is aimed at catering for car lovers.

For a casual meet up there is a large car park to side of the pub that would allow us to all park together. The bar area is not that large but there is plenty of seating outside which is all you need in the summer. On the weekends there would most likely be other cars of interest there so that puts it miles ahead of any old country pub.

Or we could find out when they are holding their next event/meeting and arrange to join in. This would mean we could park up in their main viewing area with all the other cool cars.

Good stuff MOO Im well up for this !!! Do you want to start the thread and see if there is any interest as it was your idea for a meet up and dont want to nic the idea. I have seen a lot of Midland owners post on here so should be able to get the numbers up and its a nice day out is Stratford.

Edited by Keyo

My admin skills a crap......

If you want to start the ball rolling I am totally fine with that Keyo.

I'm just happy at the thought of getting out and about in my new car as it was the whole reason why I bought in the first place :thumb right:

In all fairness it would probably be a benefit if you started the ball rolling(if you don't mind?) as I am not signed up to face book and it seems that it may be the best place to get current news/info for Caffeine and Machine.

Ok I will do mate but been selfish I'll post in a month or so as my car is going into the body shop in the next few weeks, hope you don't mind.

Post it as Midlands Meet.

That's fine with me. I will have look and see what events they have coming up.