ChrisL

Moonlight Blue VR6

3 hours ago, Corroda said:

Amazing job Chris!  I’m planning a similar job next spring, so really appreciate you sharing the pictures.  I also have a Supersprint exhaust on order so would be interested in your thoughts on fit and tone, but it does look great quality.

Thanks. The supersprint fits perfectly, have you got the full system? I had one on my old VR and has a nice sound to it. Quality is excellent 👍 I had all the welds cleaned at work for that extra bit of cleanliness 🤣

I have got the cat back system like yourself.   How did you clean the welds, did you TIG brush, or use another method?

Edited by Corroda

Cracking job in the paint there Chris! Underside looks fantastic too. I assume you'll be replacing the long brake hard lines at another time? 

3 hours ago, Corroda said:

I have got the cat back system like yourself.   How did you clean the welds, did you TIG brush, or use another method?

Yes Tig brush 👍

3 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Cracking job in the paint there Chris! Underside looks fantastic too. I assume you'll be replacing the long brake hard lines at another time? 

Thanks Sean.

yes Engine coming out next and will be doing the other brake pipes including the front to rear pipes 👍

There's the bar Chris, and you just go and raise it !  I bet VW didnt pay an much attention when our cars were first made.  Brilliant pics to go with that incredible work.

Excellent work as always Chris, thank for sharing progress 👍

I’m looking for originally looking olive green brake lines for my car. Do you make these up yourself, or did you buy them pre-made? I know there was a guy on here that used to make them, but I had difficultly getting him to make a full set.

I’m showing my ignorance, but what are the numbers painted on the beam and splash guards. I know you take your cars to shows, were these numbers originally on the cars from factory?

5 hours ago, Cressa said:

It does look soooo nice new and shiny 👍

Thanks 🙏 

4 hours ago, fla said:

There's the bar Chris, and you just go and raise it !  I bet VW didnt pay an much attention when our cars were first made.  Brilliant pics to go with that incredible work.

🤣 thanks mate. Think there are a few out there as good, if not better then this.

4 hours ago, Corroda said:

Excellent work as always Chris, thank for sharing progress 👍

I’m looking for originally looking olive green brake lines for my car. Do you make these up yourself, or did you buy them pre-made? I know there was a guy on here that used to make them, but I had difficultly getting him to make a full set.

I’m showing my ignorance, but what are the numbers painted on the beam and splash guards. I know you take your cars to shows, were these numbers originally on the cars from factory?

Green brake pipes where made by Alex who did them on here, I sourced the pipe and the genuine unions (£5 each 😮). Excellent quality and he’s also made me all the front ones. Just need the 2 long ones from front to back.

The numbers where on my old storm which was just as it left the factory so got measurements and repainted them on here. They must be a factory marking.

Quick pointless update I guess, refurbished bumper iron back on and little OCD but because I’ve deleted the towing eye, I thought I best delete the hole in the heat shield.

6C33FF34-D934-4302-9B8E-71DC04548DDC.jpeg

ED51A34A-39B7-42DA-85F6-2AD5AA00CAAC.jpeg

:) nice detail though

What have you done about blocking the hole on the bumper? I'm tempted to do this myself as I think it spoils the lines. I have seen somewhere in the world that Corrados had purpose made caps but can't find the part number.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, MJA said:

🙂 nice detail though

What have you done about blocking the hole on the bumper? I'm tempted to do this myself as I think it spoils the lines. I have seen somewhere in the world that Corrados had purpose made caps but can't find the part number.

Thanks, I got a cutting of a bumper and made a small patch to block the hole, i plastic welded it with a soldering iron from the back then filled the bumper. It was then re-sprayed. There are some pictures on page 3 👍

• Like 1

Nice look forward to continued updates. Caught the rad support in time. What's plans for the engine - looks to be coming out.

3 hours ago, James. said:

Good progress. Any bolts put up a fight ?

One of the rear engine mounts and reckon most of the subframe bolts will just snap 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed they won’t, but sadly they mostly do.

The pictures help me pick out the missing clips/brackets on mine, so thanks for that.

While you’ve got the front end in bits, would you mind taking a picture of where the engine loom earth mount locates please. I think I’ve got it right, but can’t find a picture to be sure.

48 minutes ago, James. said:

Fingers crossed they won’t, but sadly they mostly do.

The pictures help me pick out the missing clips/brackets on mine, so thanks for that.

While you’ve got the front end in bits, would you mind taking a picture of where the engine loom earth mount locates please. I think I’ve got it right, but can’t find a picture to be sure.

Glad to help 👍

where do you think the earth is so I can check please?

On 11/8/2022 at 9:09 PM, ChrisL said:

Glad to help 👍

where do you think the earth is so I can check please?

It’s the group of earths connected in a block of three. I think it should sit north of the oil cooler, but below the intake manifold.

10 hours ago, James. said:

It’s the group of earths connected in a block of three. I think it should sit north of the oil cooler, but below the intake manifold.

Is it these at the back of the engine at the top near the oil filler cap

3A46C9E5-C21B-4B08-84F1-5B5219FB8D8E.png

On 11/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, ChrisL said:

Rear end finished so on to the front end 🤦‍♂️

5C99244B-BD7C-41A2-9127-3C28CEA80A16.jpeg

B8C5DAE0-1741-4B08-A6F4-9C33CC646343.jpeg

3B2B1799-D651-4C13-A26E-DD178DE122AA.jpeg

2AC6C387-25EA-433B-8C3F-3167B866B57D.jpeg

38AC28B7-32DE-4AE2-8212-861B2D93B02F.jpeg

i love your garage - nice image on the wall too.  Turntable is fantastic as is the floor covering.  I'm not jealous....well maybe a little bit 🙂 

13 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Is it these at the back of the engine at the top near the oil filler cap

3A46C9E5-C21B-4B08-84F1-5B5219FB8D8E.png

Ah that’s the puppy. Always thought they sat on the front of the block. Maybe it’s a early vs late thing. Or maybe it’s a me vs a  logical thing. The jury’s out. The images help a great deal. Thanks all the same.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:14 AM, fla said:

i love your garage - nice image on the wall too.  Turntable is fantastic as is the floor covering.  I'm not jealous....well maybe a little bit 🙂 

Cheers mate. Planned the garage quite early on when doing the house.

can’t wait to get the car finished so I can clear the garage and get the skirting boards on. Might go for a carpeted area where the corrado parks.