seanl82

Part identification

31 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Hard to see from only one angle - could it be part of the handle/lock mechanism?

It's a nut that slots into a captive bracket. I'm pretty sure it's from the rear axle area somewhere, but can't remember where exactly.

And another part..... Note to self, don't leave it almost 4 years after taking things off to put them back on again!

IMG_20200524_160651.jpg

Edited by seanl82

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

And another part..... Note to self, don't leave it almost 4 years after taking things off to put them back on again!

Ha ha - I'm always doing that! I have a big tub of screws here on my desk and no idea where they go....will really need to start labelling everything if it'sw going to be months or years before it goes back together again....

Edited by fendervg

39 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Ha ha - I'm always doing that! I have a big tub of screws here on my desk and no idea where they go....will really need to start labelling everything if it'sw going to be months or years before it goes back together again....

It's the classic, I know what that is I won't forget.......

Getting on a bit now, pics on ETKA & in the Bentley don't help much either.

3 hours ago, seanl82 said:

IMG_20200524_160651.jpg

These remind me of the clips holding the handrake cable - aka 857609745A

4 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

You sure this isn’t some sort of lock down quiz,to keep us from going insane 🤔

Haha, unfortunately (for me) not!

11 minutes ago, gotvach said:

Someone on Facebook has shown me a pic of his G60 with them fitted to the handbrake cable, and it looks like the correct part according to ETKA, but I've got these;

Hmmm, did I buy them back when without realising........  🤔

IMG_20200524_180627.jpg

Edited by seanl82

If you'll pardon the rust and cobwebs - I just took a pic of my attachment (late 92).

20200524_193558.jpg

14 minutes ago, gotvach said:

If you'll pardon the rust and cobwebs - I just took a pic of my attachment (late 92).

20200524_193558.jpg

Thanks mate. Yeah looks like those are identified then. Not sure why I have a different type. 

No idea what the other one is in the first pic though......

37 minutes ago, gotvach said:

They are for the handbrake cable to stop it hanging down so low. Definite. As I was once sold the wrong items

8 minutes ago, Cressa said:

They are for the handbrake cable to stop it hanging down so low. Definite. As I was once sold the wrong items

Where do they go then? The hanger clips that go into the leading edge of the rear axle is what stops them hanging down don't they?

Along with these;

IMG_20200524_200926.jpg

Edited by seanl82

Ok I've taken off the handbrake cable retaining clip I had fitted, and the part number is stamped on it. Its the second No#16 identified below so essentially, does the same thing.

Think I must have ordered them years ago thinking 'I don't have those'

Sorry for the confusion and thanks everyone for the comments/help. Still need to identify the one in the first pic though!

image.png

5 hours ago, seanl82 said:

IMG_20200524_160651.jpg

Handbrake cable clips fit further in front of the other clips that hold it tight to the axle. They fit at the actual axle joint with the body to hold them slightly off the car to prevent rubbing I suppose. I cant find my picture of it. If no one else posts a picture, I will get one Tuesday when I go see my car

14 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Handbrake cable clips fit further in front of the other clips that hold it tight to the axle. They fit at the actual axle joint with the body to hold them slightly off the car to prevent rubbing I suppose. I cant find my picture of it. If no one else posts a picture, I will get one Tuesday when I go see my car

Do you mean these Cressa?

191609639b_1_1.jpg

Could the first one be the middle part of the height adjustment on the front seatbelts?

Not sure how far you stripped it? 

A77FE756-CF03-4623-9814-9A864E94089F.jpeg

54 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

191609639b_1_1.jpg

I remember these stubborn sods trying to pull them out, they are to loop the cable and support from memory - Geri remembers these. 

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Thanks mate. Yeah looks like those are identified then. Not sure why I have a different type. 

No idea what the other one is in the first pic though......

Here is a good pic and Vince did mine. 

rado200.JPG

42 minutes ago, easypops said:

Could the first one be the middle part of the height adjustment on the front seatbelts?

Not sure how far you stripped it? 

A77FE756-CF03-4623-9814-9A864E94089F.jpeg

I don't think so Martin, I haven't touched that so no reason it would be. I'm sure I took it off of the nearside rear somewhere.....

8 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Here is a good pic and Vince did mine. 

rado200.JPG

Yep, same type as I had originally. May have just changed type over the years. I've put the wire ones on now as the others I had (same as yours) were what I took off and had electroplated, but you can see the pitting on them so new ones look neater.

15 minutes ago, Keyo said:
1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

191609639b_1_1.jpg

You know where these go Sean ? If not a i can take a picture tomorrow for you. 

8 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I don't think so Martin, I haven't touched that so no reason it would be. I'm sure I took it off of the nearside rear somewhere.....

Ok mate, I’ll look again 😁👍