Cressa

Vr6 280mm front brakes

Please see pics. I have just removed the 280mm brake set up off my 95 Corrado. Nothing wrong with it, worked absolutely fine, I just changed for a bigger set up. 

I had refurbed the calipers with new pistons and seals b4 fitting. The car has only done 700 miles since fitting. The sliding pins work fine and were lubricated,  the boots were replaced.  Braided hoses were purchased off a guy on Ebay that builds to what you want.

The discs and pads have only had the stated mileage. Although a cheap brand and came boxed in the car when I bought it, they have been fantastic and would recommend. Surprisingly. 

Either fit these to yours, put in a box for storage 😇 or keep for spares. I haven't drained all of the brake fluid out as I wouldn't want things to rust. As such I have sprayed  them all with wd40 and wrapped them up. 

What you see in the pics is what you get. Happy to split but still the same price 🤣

Bloody heavy, so you are welcome to collect from s26 or I will happily post at your cost. 

If they don't sell on here I shall stick them on gumtree or Ebay for more. Some guy wants 200 pounds for his... get real hence not sold

£60 Bargain, i think...but you pay the fees if not friends and family PayPal. Anything with the queens head on also accepted 

20201230_152353.jpg

20201230_152404.jpg

20201230_152414.jpg

20201230_152444.jpg

Worth mentioning that used on a 16V these complete with 280mm 4 stud disks make the much sought after G60 set up

The 16v I broke up the owner had upgraded to 280 mm front brakes and also put a 6 branch abs unit on it - one thing I love about my golf it dont have ABS. Think the rears are bigger to cant remember. 

Edited by Keyo

Nah, all the 80/90s VAGs had more or less the same crappy rear callipers that would seize at the first sign of dirt or rust - all the same size, 226mm. There's very little point in fitting bigger rears anyway as the front does all the work as the weight shifts forward under braking. I have seen some people adjust the rear bias valve on the beam to send more braking force to the rear after fitting bigger front kits - although the compensator is really there to help when you have a full boot or rear passengers.

The dream rear conversion would be to the cassette type rear bearings and discs, where each can be replaced separately. Means changing over the stub axles etc. - I think it's a Polo part that's used.

I just sold a set of un refurbished front and rear 280 mm vr6 callipers - or as Dox said known as the g60 upgrade in the MK2 world- as soon as I listed them for £120 the mk2 boys were fighting over them - must of priced them cheap as sold within 5 minutes.  That will pay a good chunk for my Topran radiator on the way from Amazon . I could of used them on my 16v but the brakes work fine car weighs a feather and I don't track. 

If anyone else has any - Vincent parts will give you £120 - his on facebook and will arrange a courier to collect. 

br1.jpg

Edited by Keyo

29 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I just sold a set of un refurbished front and rear 280 mm vr6 callipers - or as Dox said known as the g60 upgrade in the MK2 world- as soon as I listed them for £120 the mk2 boys were fighting over them - must of priced them cheap as sold within 5 minutes.  That will pay a good chunk for my Topran radiator on the way from Amazon . I could of used them on my 16v but the brakes work fine car weighs a feather and I don't track. 

If anyone else has any - Vincent parts will give you £120 - his on facebook and will arrange a courier to collect. 

br1.jpg

Aren’t those rear callipers in the photo from a mk4 golf? Although the carriers are the same 

Probably are but they are only interested in the fronts. Lucas 280 mm. Im having  a pre spring cleanout cant move in my shed and get the lawn mower out. 

Have early slam panels and a 16v , red one is mint if anyone interested - £50.00 each 

Shaun have you still got your aquablue paint tag for inside fender the orange tab- I have one here you can have next time I have to see you 😂

Edited by Keyo

So mine were a bargain 😊 I don't mind as they go to a forum members home.  But if he doesn't come next week I may have to cash in 💰💰💰🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

So mine were a bargain 😊 I don't mind as they go to a forum members home.  But if he doesn't come next week I may have to cash in 💰💰💰🤣🤣

You never cash in mate more always goes back into these cars 😂

Edited by Keyo

Shaun have you still got your aquablue paint tag for inside fender the orange tab- I have one here you can have next time I have to see you 😂

Yes I still have this. But it’s not on the car, it’s in a box somewhere, thanks anyway 

SOLD.....SOLD.....SOLD

To a great guy and forum member Neil. A man that has more Vr6's than I have legs.... must be mad!! But respect for a Corrado collector  😂

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

SOLD.....SOLD.....SOLD

To a great guy and forum member Neil. A man that has more Vr6's than I have legs.... must be mad!! But respect for a Corrado collector  😂

Thanks mate,it was a pleasure to meet you and see your stunning car in the flesh,it’s a credit to all your hard work,we’ll have to arrange a “non-Facebook” road trip when life returns to normal,whenever that will be 🤔

Edited by Nmdsec