KTI

Rear parcel self cover change- how?

Hi!

So I'm probably not going to put the oval speakers there and I would like to cover the holes. Has someone done it- put on a new clothing or smth? For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how the metal support things come off so I could rip the cover off.. there's no screws and doesn't seem to be clued on too..🤔

Maybe someone has changed the cover and knows. Could not find any thread about it tho. 

Thanks in advance! 😊

IMG_7628.jpg

Ah, a nasty hacker has been at your parcel shelf! It's not even like it's a Mk2 one that is easily got.

I can't really help - the fabric must be glued on somehow - and it's some kind of fibre board, heavier than the Golf shelves. Is that a standard shelf apart from the cut-outs for the speakers - I can't recall the "humps" being that large.  You'd need to fill the gaps as well - it might be worth asking if anyone who wants to mount speakers there wants to swap or getting one off a parts car....

Used can fetch up to £300 for one in VGC.

If it was me I'd make 2 rectangular grills to cover the top with speaker type material (not trying for an exact match) and Velcro them in place

This is a good idea, to do grill covers. Printed with 3D machine for example.. Then I thought that I could use some speaker covers (without speakers), but I would prefer a cleaner look.

So took the courage and ripped a little of the cover off to see with what the support thing is attached. It seems to be a rivet. The cover is clued yes, it comes off quite easy. Have an experience with ceiling upholstery change so maybe it's an easy fix. Have to find a proper cloth and spray clue, cut some plywood into the holes, clue them in and if needed sanding it even.

Thank you for your thoughts! 😊 If I get it done, then going to describe the work here too.

IMG_7632.jpg

I’ve got a similar shelf in mine, but the top has been made to look sort of factory, hold on and I’ll get a picture or 3. It’s been solved from above, although I do still have speakers in it 

Thank you for the idea! I took the job and ripped it apart. Wasn't hard, cover fabric came off quite easily, drilled the rivets off of the support thingy.. 😄  Measured and cut right parts for the holes and glued them in with epoxy clue. 😄 Now I need to buy some cover fabric when the shops are opened again.

IMG-7757.jpg