fla

Reporting Catalytic converter theft

Nicked from the Yaris yesterday afternoon!  Pretty brazen.  Neighbours Ring doorbell picked up literally 3 seconds of video.  

How do you report this, who to, and is it even worth it?  Replacement cost isn't too bad, just a hassle.

There have been a few pikeys roaming around recently asking if we want our driveway cleaned...

Thanks

Hasan

F**ckers. I hope they didn't do any damage jacking the car up? 

As for reporting it would be the police but doubt you'll get much from on it. At least the crime stats will be included as a theft. 

bloody scum!!

worth reporting to the police if you have footage, even if they do nothing they may be building a case file or something in the background like MJA said

i hope they didnt do too much damage m8

thanks guys.  I knew something was up as the door handle  seemed a bit tacky underneath, where they'd obviously tried opening it. No obvious damage as it was close to the kerb, but i'll jack it up on the driveway and have proper look,

A very clean cut on the downpipe where they've cut it off, so obviously experienced gits

Hasan

Definitely need to report it especially if a video clip was captured, bet yours is one of a few in the area that night  

it’s easy money as you say takes seconds 

no morals and the punishment is next to nothing if caught compared to the hours and money spent on the incident by the victims night after night. 

A word of warning, if they are going to the trouble of doing this the OE cats are worth a lot, a copy cat just might give you mot issues going forward. Honda jazz are popular to steal the cats, the new price often writes the cars off

several scrotes  have died doing this when the cars fell off the trolley jack

3 hours ago, Dox said:

several scrotes  have died doing this when the cars fell off the trolley jack

They do say clouds often have a silver lining 😄 

9 hours ago, fla said:

Nicked from the Yaris yesterday afternoon!  Pretty brazen.  Neighbours Ring doorbell picked up literally 3 seconds of video.  

How do you report this, who to, and is it even worth it?  Replacement cost isn't too bad, just a hassle.

There have been a few pikeys roaming around recently asking if we want our driveway cleaned...

Thanks

Hasan

Sorry to hear this Hasan, there are some real scrotes out there for sure. Police won’t give a flying f**k about it, hardly worth picking the phone up, in fact they’re more likely to come and nick you for daring suggest that pikeys have been hanging around and might have been involved.

Sad indication of where we’ve got to that people feel they’re ok to do this.

Edited by tonedef

Thanks Tony. Ive registered it on their website but don't really expect anything to happen. Are they likely to check for fingerprints or shall i move the car and get a new cat?

I need to put the corrado on ramps to do the crossmember bushes but as this might take a few days I'm kind of in two minds now...

Nice to hear of jacks collapsing on these scum, though

Edited by fla

Unless they’ve specifically asked you to leave it while they collect fingerprints, I think I’d just get on and have it fixed. Are you supposed to wait without a car?

Crossmember bushes shouldn’t be too big of a job Hasan, unless you have plans to do a paint job while you’re in there. They are some of the easier bushes. Could always use it as an excuse for a decat pipe!!!