Cressa

Where the fuel lines disappear?

Probably an easy one for someone....

I have been under my car today and noticed halfway under the car, the 3 fuel lines disappear into a tunnel, something is missing

Vr6

It looks as though It had some old perished sponge in there to stop them from vibrating/wearing on the chassis.

What should protect them at this point please anyone .

I love a picture to explain things to me 🤔

Not a Corrado, but this picture shows fuel lines going in on the right.

I dont want to fully block the area in case it holds water

Screenshot_20210618-180225_Chrome.jpg

Rear of the chassis rails they just clip to the floor pan, forward they go inside the rail to bay and are wrapped in heat proofing

Cheers Dox, Mine are clipped up to this point . It made me wonder if something should be at the beginning of this box section as I removed some sort of worn material....

I think mine also have some foam around them towards the back that leads into that channel

On 6/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, Cressa said:

Probably an easy one for someone....

I have been under my car today and noticed halfway under the car, the 3 fuel lines disappear into a tunnel, something is missing

Vr6

It looks as though It had some old perished sponge in there to stop them from vibrating/wearing on the chassis.

What should protect them at this point please anyone .

I love a picture to explain things to me 🤔

I plan to use some pipe cladding to replace the foam in that area when i replace my fuel lines but worried it may hold moisture ?

Anyone know the best way to change the black feedline  that goes through this tunnel- would it be best to tie it to the old one coming out- is it a hell of a job best done on a ramp,  ? 

Thanks I have this to fit from filter to engine bay. Picture of hose which is the same for a late g60 or vr - its about the only hose you can buy now so not doing the soft hose hack- if you can buy new you by new. 

I believe Sean has done this job ? 

7E553F8D-ECFC-4CE1-977C-36E455DA7C70.jpeg

9BBBB974-88A1-4695-A86A-390E1E7E2B5F.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

It's not bad threading it through. I pushed the heat sleeve in the bay down a bit and did everything else from the filter end.  I taped a bit of string to the old one and pulled it out, then attached it to the new one and pulled it back through, but I didn't encounter much resistance to be honest. Probably better safe than sorry though!

Edited by seanl82

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

It's not bad threading it through. I pushed the heat sleeve in the bay down a bit and did everything else from the filter end.  I taped a bit of string to the old one and pulled it out, then attached it to the new one and pulled it back through, but I didn't encounter much resistance to be honest. Probably better safe than sorry though!

Lol i will give it a go this weekend need to do the vr and g60 - hope I dont shag it up if it gets stuck will be in all sorts of trouble ha. 

Thanks