Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Am I mad?

Looking at a G60 tonight!

Not thinking of replacing the VR for one minute but for some reason I found myself looking in the paper at a G60.....next thing I know I'm arranging to go see it tonight! :lol:

118k (Charger last done by Jabba at about 85k, so that will need budgeting for!)

Dark blue (Inca? Aqua? Midnight?)

Black leather (with driver's side wear)

16" alloys

Don't know much more than that at this point.

£1,900 or offers.

So I'm thinking if I can get it for £1,500 .... should I bother? Or should I just lavish more on the VR?

It's an illness I tell you.

Do it man!!! You never regret it. I (and my Dad) haven't for one second. The G60 is such a beast!!! especially tuned up :mrgreen:

Timo.

Well technically it's over here at the moment.

I'll have a look - at least I know the faults to look for. Unless it is very good nick then I'm going to leave.

Think I'm just bargain hunting really :lol:

My next door neighbour has a Corrado 16v that's sat in their back porch doing nothing as she has bought another car. Its a bit tatty but quite a nice car. Must resist........ :twisted:

But, if the price is right!! You never know!! 8)

Timo.

Tom... buy that G60!!!

See what us G60 owners keep banging on about :)

Yeah but imagine what £1,500 (plus a charger rebuild cost) could do with my VR!

I'll report back on what it's like a bit later :)

(Apparantly a bucket load of history as well)

Yeah - but at least you'll have a whole other car to show for your £1,500 instead of modifications which you'll never make your money back on!!

i do see what you mean, buy new car, which will come with other problems and cost, or (and i would do this). spend the 1500 on a super charger kit, then water injection, then a remap. 280-300bhp. plus the vr sound track, sorry guys i know i'm a g60 man throu and throu, but a supercharged vr, oh baby.

i do see what you mean, buy new car, which will come with other problems and cost, or (and i would do this). spend the 1500 on a super charger kit, then water injection, then a remap. 280-300bhp. plus the vr sound track, sorry guys i know i'm a g60 man throu and throu, but a supercharged vr, oh baby.

exactly what i was thinking...and there was a vr supercharger kit on ebay the other day going for a grand

Yup but you could do the G60 up so its nearly mint then sell it on for £3500 - 4000 so you make a grand or so profit.... then put that profit into your VR6 :wink:

To get 3.5 - 4k for a G60 it would have to be showroom condition... And there's no way you'd get a tatty car to showroom condition for £2k...

Be realistic, Scott... :-P

Looking at a G60 tonight!

Not thinking of replacing the VR for one minute but for some reason I found myself looking in the paper at a G60.....next thing I know I'm arranging to go see it tonight! :lol:

It's an illness I tell you.

well........must admit.....ive done much the same tonight.........went looking at a Porsche 924S........but the exact one i used to own from 1993-1994....knew it was my old one(even though its had a number-plate change in between and been asigned a different reg) just from the colour it was described as in the advert in the local paper........anyway i'm in a bit of a dilemma.....cos the thing looks as near mint as when i owned it....bar a small blister on the drivers wing and some micro-blistering on the bonnet and of course some stonechips too........anyway the guy is wanting £2400 for it and must say ive even phoned up about getting it under classic car insurance,found out i can get it cheaply insured on a limited miles policy for under £300 Fully Comp.......spoke to the wife who's only concern is parking in the street etc so very very tempted.............just means asking the bank to extend my loan for an extra year too

Go for it Roddy ;) You know you will 8)

Well the car was certainly a very nice example. Some of the bodywork needed a bit of attention but it mainly seemed to be superficial. Couple of new fogs needed.

Drove nice and tight with a strong engine (Stage 4 Jabba). The leather was very nice apart from the usual small bit of wear on the vertical bolster on the driver side.

Quite a nice ICE setup with an amp and sub. Sunroof fully works, as do the door handles.

All comes down to....do I buy the car that will undoubtedly eat up funds (about £1,600 + probably a charger rebuild on top? Or spend the money (as planned) on the VR. You're talking about chargers, but I'm thinking more in the way of ICE, wheels and some other nice touches at the moment.

My mind is pretty much made up :?

I really hate you lot!!!!

I want to buy it, I really do! If the VR was complete then I would be paying the guy now!

You seriously interested Daz? It used to be a UK car until about 5 years ago and is apparantly HPI clear.

Marc - want to buy half a G60 mate? :lol: