Keyo

Classifieds cars and parts free

Hi everyone,

I would like to put a common sense idea forward. 

Cars and parts threads should be free to post to none members . 

Reason - because it benefits members looking for parts and ex corrado members are unlikely to join when selling an item if no longer own a Corrado. 

If one or two items mods could use discretion (list on their behalf)?

Regular sellers should pay, myself and others shouldn't subsidise the "Get rich quick brigade".

Just my 2p

Ultimately its up toToby

5 minutes ago, Dox said:

If one or two items mods could use discretion (list on their behalf)?

Regular sellers should pay, myself and others shouldn't subsidise the "Get rich quick brigade".

Just my 2p

Ultimately its up toToby

Yes agreed commercial  but for ex owners yes as these tend to have some very good nos parts in the loft and it would be good to have an opportunity to purchase. 

There’s nothing to stop someone with 10 email addresses from joining 10 times?

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Hi everyone,

I would like to put a common sense idea forward. 

Cars and parts threads should be free to post to none members . 

Reason - because it benefits members looking for parts and ex corrado members are unlikely to join when selling an item if no longer own a Corrado. 

Sounds good to me. As stated, a little common sense and discretion needed.

We need more traffic here and that is a good start.

Gets my thumbs up (which counts for nothing actually) 🤣🤣

Maybe a note at the top of page saying none member or previous members not subscribed can post but commercial/ breaker etc posts may be removed if not subscribed or contributed to the maintenance of the forum and longevity - it does not have to be complicated. 

Edited by Keyo

I agree - cars and parts for sale should be open to all.

It means we can compete with Facebook in that regard or at the very least have items listed for sale on the forum. There are only about 12 active members and there is only so much gear they have to sell so somewhat limiting the way it is today. Certainly very limiting to members who don't use Facebook anyway....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Also so what if breakers list - half thr battle of owning a corrado is sourcing parts. Why not capitalise and work with breakers for member discounts to promote new members joining the forum on a paid membership basis.

If you just want to chew the fat and chat most end up on Facebook so there needs to be something to draw new members over to this platform.

To be fair new subscribers are not forthcoming to the forum so something needs to attract the new generation.

Yep the best stuff are the nos bits in old members storage and we would rather have first dibs then compete against facebook 3000 members of a group. 

So Toby makes a loss hosting the forum, members support the forum by donation to offer advice and chat shit so that sellers fill their pockets with enthusiasts cash?

10 hours ago, Dox said:

So Toby makes a loss hosting the forum, members support the forum by donation to offer advice and chat shit so that sellers fill their pockets with enthusiasts cash?

Very negative way to look at it - when realistically its just a few old corrado owners  selling some rare bits that members get first dibs on. By us paying a subscription its a benefit we get first dibs - its likely Toby will get less membership if there is less action on here - sometimes you have to give a bit to make a lot. 

Edited by Keyo

My answer was to MJA really (allowing breakers).

I’ve just looked at the wanted section, 6 ads over the last 12 months (2 of those are yours Keyo).

My point is people don’t come here for parts, my first reply was to allow former owners to sell a few bits without paying a fee?

People won’t pay to subsidise sellers / breakers or view adverts for exorbitantly priced parts.

If you want NOS or rare parts why not ask Toby for a banner ad giving you first dibs?

I was here when the classifieds was a much busier place and the rules in place were ignored daily, complaints and bitching was a weekly occurrence. Mods got pissed off with dealing with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, I wouldn't mind if it meant others on the forum could get parts. Paid members would benefit either way rather than subsidise. Doesn't really affect the other areas where us lot reside - besides increased footfall may generate new members.

Something needs to change. If we standstill we die and unfortunately this forum is not getting any busier. Where as CCGB seem to be busy yet we thought they were on their arse a couple of years ago. I am not of an age to put my life into Facebook but I am aware previous members have departed to the ccgb

This site has such a wealth of knowledge and that needs to be kept no matter what for me. So I am grateful for Toby in keeping this site going, as he isn't making money from us.

We have positives and negatives from keyos suggestion. 

The Positive :- we get access to the parts and there are rules in place. Also I'm not a moderator so don't have to deal with picking dummies up if things aren't happy 😁

The Negative:- some sellers may take the piss, so we have a choice not to buy from them. 

Maybe this is all irrelevant as it is Toby's site.

Whilst I still have my Corrado, like others, i would very much like this site to flourish and prosper. We all want the same 

I think the majority will use Facebook for this purpose now anyway. It's only the more 'mature' person I imagine that would likely have been a member here previously, that are likely to think about the forum as an option to sell. I think even fewer would post here for the reason suggested - that they would prefer parts to go to an enthusiast rather than receive top money for the item on an open site. It's a good idea in theory, I just don't see it really making much if any difference in reality.

Who can't find parts? What parts are needed? 

Who can't find fuzzer, Higgins, ebay or fb? Or the wanted section here?

Ive been a member off CCGB and for your subs you got one mag per year (most of that was regurgitated from here back then) and not a lot else.

You wont increase footfall when the number of cars a dwindling year upon year?

Car numbers may well be declining but enthusiast numbers will be increasing or a higher proportion of owners being enthusiast status vs normal 'i bought it for 500 quid and will run it into the ground' owners.

Either way it's worth considering since like everything in life there are pros and cons. Most use Facebook for parts or the known decent individuals ( not sure Higgins is in that camp tbh if its the same Higgins I have dealt with twice selling rusty crap for mega prices).

Higgins is banned from trading here, the only one in the 13 years I've been here. He pushed his luck and took the piss until Andy banned him from the classifieds for not paying the breaker section fee and putting wanted ads quoting "no inflated prices" when his certainly were!

6 hours ago, greatnessjohn41 said:

Good

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

What sort of post is that ..... 😂😂😂 it won't go unnoticed 

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

What sort of post is that ..... 😂😂😂 it won't go unnoticed 

hence why i approved it 😉 PMSL

I usually check in to the forum a few times a week to see what’s happening. I must admit to not contributing recently, mainly due to the Corrado being garaged most of the time, Golf R ownership and checking out other VW Forums. I remember being the 50th forum member as Aqua Blue VR6 :)

On 11/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, Dox said:

Higgins is banned from trading here, the only one in the 13 years I've been here. He pushed his luck and took the piss until Andy banned him from the classifieds for not paying the breaker section fee and putting wanted ads quoting "no inflated prices" when his certainly were!

Boab was banned years ago for taking people’s money and not sending the goods. His mum kindly stepped in and ensured everyone was refunded. 

3 minutes ago, VR6 South said:

Boab was banned years ago for taking people’s money and not sending the goods. His mum kindly stepped in and ensured everyone was refunded. 

How embarrassing (mum bailing you out, but respect to her). Im sure that was before my time, in Higgins defence he did honour all sales, he even went the extra mile to contact all after the ban as I think his PM status was removed, he's still a ,member hereas far as I'm aware