Mawrick

Any of the premium tyre manufacturers supply 205/50/15 (original speedline) (or tips for good "alternatives)

Anyone know of any of the "premium" tyre brands still makes the original size for the Corrado VR6 (205/50/15) - alternative any suggestions on what other brands might be good alternative, must be good wet weather properties.

Also would there be some other more available size that will fit the original speedline rims ?.

Uniroyal? Good wet weather properties. It is a tough tyre size to source these days... I upgraded to 16s becuase of it! 

32 minutes ago, Mawrick said:

Anyone know of any of the "premium" tyre brands still makes the original size for the Corrado VR6 (205/50/15) - alternative any suggestions on what other brands might be good alternative, must be good wet weather properties.

Also would there be some other more available size that will fit the original speedline rims ?.

the 205 fitment for the speedline is becoming a problem

i have always ran bridgestone potenza's on my VR6 & were always preference on my other cars too - however some wise fool at bridgestone decided they didnt want to make in our size any longer

i have a similar dilemma with choice of tyres for the modena's im putting on the VR - the staggered 215 & 225 width on a 16" i want give me hardly any choice at all

to have front & rear matching there was really only the yokohama ad08r's but i am aware they are meant to be bad in the wet as are predominantly a track tyre.  however on a recent search nexen are making both sizes needed for the new wheels

which bring me to my point........i run 205/45/17 on my supercharged mini & have last year moved to nexen fera su1 front & rear

they are performing very well so far & the mini is a bit of an asbo beast.  they seem good in both wet & dry, dont seem to spin up much with the traction turned off & side wall seems good on turn in

my friend also runs the nexen on her track car & all reports are they a very good all rounder, they had sun, rain & snow on the last day out lol

i will be putting nexens on the modean's when they are ready

Seriously drop to 195 50 and get some Michelin pilot sports - great value and great tyre -no brainer .  

DDBD2DC5-BE97-4CA0-8CF1-5FF4A557AF59.png

CFE91BF0-9220-4EA3-BEED-7C918CD78F96.png

Edited by Keyo

Look on Blackcircles, loads of manufactures still supply them, though they do come at a premium due to lack of requirement

Check out ebay, I've just bought Uniroyal rainsport 5 for my Audi A2 via Demontweeks, different size, but so far in the dry they're great

On 4/22/2022 at 1:14 PM, Keyo said:

Seriously drop to 195 50 and get some Michelin pilot sports - great value and great tyre -no brainer .  

DDBD2DC5-BE97-4CA0-8CF1-5FF4A557AF59.png

CFE91BF0-9220-4EA3-BEED-7C918CD78F96.png

What I was looking for - I presume these will be a direct fit on the Speedlines then ?.

28 minutes ago, Mawrick said:

What I was looking for - I presume these will be a direct fit on the Speedlines then ?.

Yes they will fit fine I even have  195  45  on a 7J tyre and look and drive fine. 

Here is how they sit on a sebring which is 6 J. 

195 45 7 j on rz drives fine -  half inch wider alloy then a speedline 6.5 . 

2905BCF5-AB21-495A-A9B1-9CE9E1F4941F.png

508768EB-6592-4B91-8CD6-D56CA91FB7CB.jpeg

3FE6EBE1-A980-4D16-A8E2-C8454E90D91C.jpeg

8327A542-942B-499E-9ED5-28ED9182AC38.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

I have 195s stretched on at the moment on original rims, but would prefer the 205 for that little bit of extra width - Uniroyal Rainsports were the last ones I saw. Michelin are now doing the PS series for classic cars, they don't have a 205 yet, but might add one soon.

1 minute ago, fendervg said:

I have 195s stretched on at the moment on original rims, but would prefer the 205 for that little bit of extra width - Uniroyal Rainsports were the last ones I saw. Michelin are now doing the PS series for classic cars, they don't have a 205 yet, but might add one soon.

Should not get stretch on a 195 on a 6.5 J tyre mate - what brand are they ? 

Sorry, meant to say they are not actually stretched really, that was just me - they are PS3 Michelins, very good, but you do notice the 10mm per wheel believe it or not. I used to use Pirelli P6000/9000 before, but they no longer make them in the size - they were excellent in both the wet and dry.

10 hours ago, fendervg said:

Sorry, meant to say they are not actually stretched really, that was just me - they are PS3 Michelins, very good, but you do notice the 10mm per wheel believe it or not. I used to use Pirelli P6000/9000 before, but they no longer make them in the size - they were excellent in both the wet and dry.

This flyer totally blew my head the tyre size you could get with the vwms alloys which is the perfect over sized fitment alloy for a VR 7.5 J 35 ET - would they actually fit a corrado.as advert displays- especially if lowered with 25 mm lowering springs which most have ? I have some 205 45 Pirelli on them I may have wished I had gone for 215 after seeing how big these tyres are.  interesting a 225 40 - on vwms. 

BBS RA 15  6j on 195 tyres

BBS RZ 16 7J on 195 tyres 

VWMS Speedlines 16 7.5J on 205 tyres. Some strech on these. 

I actually think the better the brand tyre you get the more stretch if under sized as less play in the rubber? I had some avon sport 45 205 on some bbs RC and they were hardly stretched what so ever.  . 

vwms.jpg

9F512524-8019-4106-9CFC-AAE2C84CB3A1.jpeg

09EC90FF-E593-4977-9FF6-F254468D76F3.jpeg

879F5CB7-F847-4590-AC96-BA46817CE2BA.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Mmm,  juicy shoes - wow, nearly 4000DM, close to two grand's worth.

Is that your car - they seem well proud of the wheel arches, are there spacers on?

48 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Mmm,  juicy shoes - wow, nearly 4000DM, close to two grand's worth.

Is that your car - they seem well proud of the wheel arches, are there spacers on?

Yes chap my car just the way I took photo - they sit absolutely flush with arches - perfection fitment with no spacers - aye lot of money all right back in the day - much more then a set of rm splits . 

38F5B5D0-F536-49B3-9F6B-D730B6904393.jpeg

BA1A552E-67B2-4239-AD3A-CDF7350A0396.jpeg

Also to note the part number starting with 1H0- is designation  Mk3. 

mk3.jpg

Edited by Keyo

This thread is good timing for me as my alloys need refurbishing I'm thinking of changing the tyres on the car at the same time as they are 7+ years old.

Checked the tyres on my car and it has 195's already on although Black circle quote 205 for my G60.

I went for Hanook Ventus Prime 3, they still do them I think

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk