daves16v

288 calipers and carriers

Looking to upgrade from 280 to 288mm front brakes on my VR, anyone have a set they're looking to move on?

Thanks

Dave

43 minutes ago, daves16v said:

Looking to upgrade from 280 to 288mm front brakes on my VR, anyone have a set they're looking to move on?

Thanks

Dave

43 minutes ago, daves16v said:

Thanks

Dave

Seen a set earlier on ebay claimed to be refurbished for 75 so if that is the case good value. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115423815540

Thanks. I did see these but was put off by the poor photos, it made them look badly refurbished.

Autodoc have callipers fr £30 each (Daco branded) and carriers for £10 (Stark branded), I've never heard of either but have to be better that 20 year old used?

There is also a mk3 broker called Leo GS on fb - normally sells them between £40 and £60 a set - his on Facebook. 

210ED50D-00FE-4D4E-937F-321A75381E99.png

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Autodoc have callipers fr £30 each (Daco branded) and carriers for £10 (Stark branded), I've never heard of either but have to be better that 20 year old used?

Thanks for that.

7 hours ago, daves16v said:

Keyo, thanks I'll have a look.

do you want me to message chris to ask is he has any in his stash m8?

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

do you want me to message chris to ask is he has any in his stash m8?

Yes please.

Hey Dave, good to see you back in a corrado.

if you do upgrade, I may need a passenger side standard caliper if you wanted to sell.

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Hey Dave, good to see you back in a corrado.

if you do upgrade, I may need a passenger side standard caliper if you wanted to sell.

Think I’ve got my original callipers kicking around the garage still Chris if you’re looking for something in a hurry.

22 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Think I’ve got my original callipers kicking around the garage still Chris if you’re looking for something in a hurry.

Cheers. Not in a hurry just forward thinking. When I get the back end back down I’m refurbing all the front.

it’s had a new caliper at some point and suspect it’s not OE.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, daves16v said:

Yes please.

chris thinks he has some in his blackberry, he will check for you but it might take a couple of weeks

Just changed the discs and pads on my daily - Seat Exeo 170 ps - noted it has 312 brakes and the caliper and carrier is identical in design to the 288s. Audi b7/Seat Exeo's from the era also came with 288 calipers so that's another place you could search to buy carriers/calipers

I know alot of VAG cars use 288's but I read somewhere that they vary slightly? The carriers for 312 are different to the 288?

12 minutes ago, daves16v said:

I know alot of VAG cars use 288's but I read somewhere that they vary slightly? The carriers for 312 are different to the 288?

This is the Mk3 diagram for 288 calipers. If you click on the info button far right of each part number it shows you all the vag vehicles they came on. - it also shows part number for carries so you can compare if same part number as matt exeo is it on etka . 

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf/go/1997-184/6/615-615040/#1

You have to look at carriers as an adaptor, it marries the hub spec to the calliper to include the disk offset and diameter, hole spacing in the knuckle etc

Yes, late mk3 or braided  Goodrich etc

two different thread pitches so trial fit before commencing 

Edited by Dox