ChrisL

17” Speedlines

Hi all,

wondered if there would be any interest in some 17” speedlines. These would be identical to the OE corrado speedlines just bigger.

B star wheels who do the bigger BBS wheels and Sebrings would do a limited run if there was enough interest.

chris

A great idea, but too big for me. Do we have enough forum members for anything these days? I hope so.

Thanks for looking into it  👍

19 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Hi all,

wondered if there would be any interest in some 17” speedlines. These would be identical to the OE corrado speedlines just bigger.

B star wheels who do the bigger BBS wheels and Sebrings would do a limited run if there was enough interest.

chris

hi chris

good idea but in all my years of corrado-ness 17's & upwards kill the ride & handling

there are people that run them & i guess it depends if you are going for look or for performance

IMO, & im sure many of the long term members here would agree from their experience, that 16" is the biggest you want to go 

i have a feeling that you can actually still buy a 16" speedline brand new

i also think that the group buy here many years ago for Compomotive Mo 5's were in a 16" but may have been 15

I tend to agree with the 15 or 16 brigade - anything bigger tends to result in an awful lot of compromises in terms of handling, ride quality vs optics and stance.

I run 15" OE speedlines or Golf VR6 BBS for daily duties - I think you could definitely drum up interest for some more 5 stud 16" Speedlines (or they may even still have some in stock or be able to get them at short notice as a result of the last group buy) or a replica of the 16" VW Motorsport Vento Cup Speedlines, but not sure about anything bigger.

Its a shame as some of the best alloys are in 17 = especially some of the oz and momo splits. 

7 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

17”s aren’t so bad with kw v3 coilovers 

ha ha ha that is one hell of an expensive way to do it but also a very good one!!

i could only afford the V1's but they have seen me perfect for about 75K miles so far