Cressa

Keyo, your car for sale?

Rumour has it mate, black magic is on the way out..... I hope the VSR is going to be your coffee table

Don't do it.....

Hi Cressa, 

Hope all is well. 

Yes everyone sad to say my car is on autotrader- Ive been almost too ashamed to admit that im selling it so have not really posted much on here lately. 

I've had to remove all the vmws parts to de value the car to open up to a wider buyer audience. Still been sold with recaro and zender skirts and of course a full restore and new engine. 

Life is short and there are several cars I would like to experience ownership of . 

I might well get a valver beater rado in a year or two but my days of of nut and bolt restores are over- body shop and mechanics now just cost too much money - more then anything take all your time up to the point where your other hobbies are abused. 

Here is the advert if anyone wants a look, 

I  will still be about to chat and pass on part sourcing contacts. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208309261824?postcode=b736hg&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&model=Corrado&price-to=35000&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=Volkswagen&page=1

Edited by Keyo

No need to feel ashamed regarding the sale. We all have our reasons for eventually moving on. Just one of those things.

I wish you well with whatever the next project is. Your knowledge and support will be missed. All the best.

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Have you had offers for all the parts you’ve taken off. 

I treated myself to the audioscapes! 

It is sad to see Keyo leave and I've chatted to him loads offline and he is also a fountain of knowledge - I did try to get him to stay - but life is short and I totally get his reasons to move on. His car is to a super high standard and is one of, if not the best Corrados out there. I just hope he finds an enthusiast buyer that will cherish the car and appreciate how much car they are getting for the money - money litreally cannot buy that stuff anymore. The value it is at right now is criminal and that perhaps is one of Corrado's general problems; we dig deep to make our cars the best we can, parts are a tough business to find and we take the rough with the smooth, but when the chips are down to see a value that doesn't reflect the car can be soul destroying.

I did see him write somewhere he might get a 16v rado one day for kicks and giggles - the early cars are best looking stock corrados imo - one day so maybe it is not over forever 😄

It will be a sad loss to see the car go - and to the community to lose such a great contributor and parts hunter. Both the G60 and Black Magic are wonderful examples, a credit to Keyo and his time and effort and apparently deep pockets!

My take on this is that the money spent just doesn't come back with a Corrado - it's just not that type of car, and may never be, even dare I say it a Storm - and it's better to see it as a personal investment and money well spent to get it up to a certain standard for your own driving pleasure. It's for the love of it, not the gain (unless it's horsepower/torque)

Best of luck with all your future plans Keyo and wishing you health - you will be missed!

1 hour ago, fendervg said:

It will be a sad loss to see the car go - and to the community to lose such a great contributor and parts hunter. Both the G60 and Black Magic are wonderful examples, a credit to Keyo and his time and effort and apparently deep pockets!

My take on this is that the money spent just doesn't come back with a Corrado - it's just not that type of car, and may never be, even dare I say it a Storm - and it's better to see it as a personal investment and money well spent to get it up to a certain standard for your own driving pleasure. It's for the love of it, not the gain (unless it's horsepower/torque)

Best of luck with all your future plans Keyo and wishing you health - you will be missed!

Thanks  for all your kind words. 

Yes totally agree one would be crazy to think if you nut and bolt you will get your money back- I expect if these two corrado to out live many of us on here now if garaged and taken care of- all  the salt and daily driving  is that kills them- in fact renovation can be pulling back the clock of 25 years use . 

Im 100 percent moving onto buying a car restored or in low mileage - summer salt free car- just makes easier ownership and to come out of them- I just like the buzz of trying new cars so need to buy my cars renovation free in the future- easy to sell on and use straight away  and not be double figures out of of pocket if i sell. 

I might well get a 16v runabout in a couple of years and enjoy if for its worts and have a comprehensive brake down cover. 

I will still be about though guys dont worry. 

Edited by Keyo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Yes ive sold them and right now booking a private boat cruise round the med with loads of dirty women. 

Edited by Keyo

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

308632477_594412519002386_7518496923749257753_n.png

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Yes ive sold them and right now booking a private boat cruise round the med with loads of dirty women. 

Best way to spend it!

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

What did you get for the gearbox out of curiosity then. 

Really wanted a VSR for the Campaign, but the outlay and having now decided we've spent enough time together, doesn’t make much sense.

Glad they went promptly. 

I hear what you say regarding buying restored. I was on car and classic at breakfast time eyeing up an early 80s Merc. Some choice rides on that site.

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

What did you get for the gearbox out of curiosity then. 

This is how much the kit is now . 

The hardest part is getting the parts off Andre - may well be out of stock now he was running low  . 

You then have to get a second  box and get Vince to build it up . 

£3000 your doing well if you can get one together  but I think you would need to go and see him as he got fed up of Vw people bugging him . 

In all honesty I dealt you will get one together now unless your willing to go up and see him with a wad of cash. Guys in his 70s he is not going to be working much longer i guess. Dont be surprised if the price is now £2200 + Vat as his prices raise annually and that post is over a year old. 

Im amazed know one purchased my car complete it had 13 k of collectable parts - crazy no takers and a new engine- too late now its spilt- was the purist rare built vr6 car in the world - that build no longer exists . If that was a mk2 would of been sold in days. How do i feel about it - yes absolutely pissed off to the hilt - same with the g60 had to remove recaro to flog it - UK corrado sellers market is piss poor for a special car unless its a campaign or a low mile storm- but mine was a one off and genuine vw parts- it was the car they never built I did it for them.   Not one phone call in six weeks or email on her- no viewings . 

Still a cracker though- full restore- new engine- recaro- zender skirts. - lots and lots of new parts and no rust.  

46B3B41A-EB40-4439-A797-E5C94E415695.jpeg

483352C0-2834-4ED6-AF86-70A1D6D17F22.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, James. said:

Really wanted a VSR for the Campaign, but the outlay and having now decided we've spent enough time together, doesn’t make much sense.

Glad they went promptly. 

I hear what you say regarding buying restored. I was on car and classic at breakfast time eyeing up an early 80s Merc. Some choice rides on that site.

Love an old Merc - dont make em like they use to ! 

Cant believe it 

All that effort for perhaps the best vr6 corrado around.

I hope you get what you want for it and who ever buys it wont be disappointed 

Always enjoyed your posts and great knowledge of everything corrado

Sad day

hope you keep looking in and let us know what you buy

Edited by ger040

1 hour ago, ger040 said:

Cant believe it 

All that effort for perhaps the best vr6 corrado around.

I hope you get what you want for it and who ever buys it wont be disappointed 

Always enjoy your posts and great knowledge of everything corrado

Sad day

hope you keep looking in and let us know what you buy

Thanks Geri a great friend of mine on here - always supported my builds with positive comments. 

I will be hanging about for sure mate - sure will drop down what I get - its an open book right now. 

Cars that I enjoy looking at shows. 

Merc 190 e cosy 

Sl r129 sl60 pre merger amg 

sl r107

e46 m3 cab

saab carlsson 900 turbo ( love these )  very rare car . 

911 perhaps but i tend to sell them after a year in fear the engine pops - bloody chocolate cylinders.  

Might even have a look at a Jap car for the first time- maybe even an alpha . 

Audi s2 coupe 

Audo coupe 5 cylinder red 177 bhp. 

Golf rallye blue

Mk7 club sport S. 

Will have to be a finished project though im done with the 2 years process and costs of a project - the cars and new owners are the winners- I want to be that new winner owner now ha - get in enjoy and then sell on for the same price a few years later. 

Edited by Keyo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Thanks Geri a great friend of mine on here - always supported my builds with positive comments. 

I will be hanging about for sure mate - sure will drop down what I get - its an open book right now. 

Cars that I enjoy looking at shows. 

Merc 190 e cosy 

Sl r129 sl60 pre merger amg 

sl r107

e46 m3 cab

saab carlsson 900 turbo ( love these )  very rare car . 

911 perhaps but i tend to sell them after a year in fear the engine pops - bloody chocolate cylinders.  

Might even have a look at a Jap car for the first time- maybe even an alpha . 

Audi s2 coupe 

Audo coupe 5 cylinder red 177 bhp. 

Golf rallye blue

Mk7 club sport S. 

Will have to be a finished project though im done with the 2 years process and costs of a project - the cars and new owners are the winners- I want to be that new winner owner now ha - get in enjoy and then sell on for the same price a few years later. 

That is some list there 

What i admire about both porsche and mercedres and to a certain extent bmw is that long after their cars have gone out of production you can still buy many parts especially body from the dealers at mainly acceptable costs which shows they have a great deal of pride in their cars - something VW and especially Audi now fail to do - must be the accountants

I do have a soft spot for Audi myself as my father drove them for many years and never had any problems but the prices on audi tradition scare me so i would only buy one already done.

I can see where you are coming from in buying a car that someone else has completed

What ever you choose to purchase i am sure it will be a good one 

I cant help but think that listening to the news yesterday a lot more cars are going to come on to the market where some poor sod will be parting with their pride and joy 

Best of luck with your hunt and tease us with your potential purchases

48 minutes ago, ger040 said:

That is some list there 

What i admire about both porsche and mercedres and to a certain extent bmw is that long after their cars have gone out of production you can still buy many parts especially body from the dealers at mainly acceptable costs which shows they have a great deal of pride in their cars - something VW and especially Audi now fail to do - must be the accountants

I do have a soft spot for Audi myself as my father drove them for many years and never had any problems but the prices on audi tradition scare me so i would only buy one already done.

I can see where you are coming from in buying a car that someone else has completed

What ever you choose to purchase i am sure it will be a good one 

I cant help but think that listening to the news yesterday a lot more cars are going to come on to the market where some poor sod will be parting with their pride and joy 

Best of luck with your hunt and tease us with your potential purchases

Yes there could be some good buys next year- vw are a horrid company to be honest - audi tradition are  even worse and they wont even ship to the uk after brexit- i will most likely stay clear of them - Porsche and merc are fantastic- I even had a atiwe steering wheel alike to the one that came on a 964 rs- well I couldn't believe it that they ordered me a part in the next day for the wheel - bonkers they really do have most things.  The bolts are half the price to and let you buy in singles. I joked to the parts chap at porsche once you going to throw me in a tshirt- and he bloody did felt bad afterwards. 

Edited by Keyo

I would like to wish everybody in the community the best of luck with their projects or in general enjoying their Corrado. 

My car sold to a gent  from Wales- has owned several corrado over the years- its gone to a great home.  Some of the parts I had to sell to bring the value down - a few of the parts went to a storm owner - the car still sold with recaro and some nice tasty bits- all in  it financed my new motor. 

I have now purchased a new car that I was tracking for a while  that did not meet its asking at auction- I therefore approached the seller and got it fair few k cheaper. . I wish I had kept the private reg now c6 abv on the VR as the car has the same paint code as black magic LC9Z Black magic  so would of been good homage to her.  Great mot only doing a few k summer miles per year - not seen any salt- most importantly has not got a sunroof to fail !!!!

This is the car. It really suits me as I can use a porsche master tech that charges literally 30 ph doing foreigners on his friends garage ramp at the weekend- also I can get all the parts. If the engine blows one day the money will be still in the car to rebuild as its so low miles so makes sense  in the long run for me.  Crazy how quick times passes- this 997 is 18 years old all ready. 

https://www.tradeclassics.com/auctions/porsche/2004-porsche-911-carrera/

Edited by Keyo

That my friend,  is one gorgeous looking motor. What a great upgrade. It looks in amazing condition and I am sure you will put your own stamp on it in someway. Have fun enjoying her. 

She needs a name too 😊👍

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

That my friend,  is one gorgeous looking motor. What a great upgrade. It looks in amazing condition and I am sure you will put your own stamp on it in someway. Have fun enjoying her. 

She needs a name too 😊👍

Thanks mate I’m going to keep her pretty stock to be honest mate - she is a very basic spec / none electrical dampeners - none sunroof - rear wiper factory delete - I actually sourced one like that as less to go wrong and car will be very light. C2 rwd - it’s the purist form really . 

I suppose we could call her money pit no2 ! 

ive got to admit if I was building a Rado again the only thing I would really like is recaro and 288 brakes plus eibach shocks and arbs and some bbs rc322.

Edited by Keyo

Does look very nice. Too nice to take out for me 😂, I’d be a nervous wreck leaving it parked up. Good luck with it matey, hope it treats you well. 

23 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Does look very nice. Too nice to take out for me 😂, I’d be a nervous wreck leaving it parked up. Good luck with it matey, hope it treats you well. 

Thanks Shaun - it was not my first colour choice to be honest really fancied a blue or red one but if the right one comes along you have to over look first colour choice as long as its not pink ! I mean literally 80 percent of them are silver or black - 

Now ive got my garage built i can just chuck her in there- im going to do the 6 month sorn just use her in the summer- i mean probs 2 k miles a year but its hard to even do that as you only get the odd day on the weekend in summer to take her out- my main objective was to get a car that had not seen high doses of winter salt rash ( sick of giving body shops money ) infact i was chatting to an insurance accessor from direct line who owns a rado and collected a tailgate from me, they own 15 of their own in house  body shops, there is such a huge shortage of body shop techs they are offering 70 k a year paye and bonuses - aye why a kid dont want to get into that I do not know- more then a scaff and im pretty sure they get to sit down more and drink more teas. and lift less . The car in ten years that will still be low mileage if i need to sell - dare I say the costs will be covered by appreciation - maybe a free car once sold- be very surprised if it dont head upto to a number starting with 5 in a decade and I got it for 26.5. . 

The car has had some kind of protection a year or two back - look at this ridiculous receipt - huge bonus for me. 

2004-Porsche-911Carrera-Black-Paperwork-9.jpg

Edited by Keyo