Sign in to follow this  
Jim

BMW M5 vs Audi RS4

Apart from being some of the most spectacularly dangerous driving I have ever seen (personally I would ban both of these guys from driving if I was a copper, assuming I could catch up with them), this video is kinda worth watching.

Shows what real world performance the RS4 can dish up.. makes me even more jelous of Tom now. Quicktime required, best to do a Right Click and Save Target As....

http://members.home.nl/nica23/P1010001.MOV

It is mental driving, can't believe they managed it without hitting anyone!! The RS4 is a serious machine though :)

all i can say is, they are either really good drivers? or really lucky not 2 be killed? but what a f*****g car though :D

LOL.... I love the driver of the M5's valiant attempt to try and keep up by stirring the cogs to find some power!

On paper the RS4 is slower then the M5 so god knows what the RS had done to it to pull away like that! It was more like an RS6 speed wise.....

I agree that these guys were pushing it way too far on a busy road like that. Glad the Audi beat the beemer, oh boy do I hate beemers. :mad:

I wondered if it was RS6 rather than RS4 but that howl from the Audi when it guns it sounds more V6 than V8... not sure tbh as its kinda hard to tell from just a rear view! :(

Oh.. and whilst I really like the M5, I think it'd have to be RS4 / RS6 for me without a shadow of a doubt. I mean.. I wouldn't even have to think about it!! :)

Great the video file is 19mb That'll only take me all week to download!!!! :mad:

The joys of modems!!

Timo.

Aha.. found out why the M5 got its ass well and truely handed to it...

Thats an MTM 600BHP Audi RS4.. stats in German. You can pick out the vital though.. some seriously devastating figures in there... 720Nm of torque?! :shock: :

Hubraum ccm 2671

Leistung (PS/kW) 602/441 bei 6850 U/min

Drehmoment (Nm) 720 bei 4300 U/min

Gewicht (kg) 1640

Leistungsgewicht 2,7 kg/PS

Beschleunigung 0–100 km/h 4,0 s

Beschleunigung 0–200 km/h 13,2 s

Vmax 320 km/h

That explains it then!

The Bimmer would have been all over a standard RS4........M5 = 400bhp, RS4 = 344bhp IIRC? RS6 = 444bhp.

380BHP for the RS4 according to Tiff Needell on this little Top Gear video I have :)

Thats prob one of the best :twisted: clips ive seen,,,very cool driving but must admit very very dangerous and they were very lucky not to have a prang

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I haven't seen it yet. Only 11% downloaded!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Timo.

380BHP for the RS4 according to Tiff Needell on this little Top Gear video I have :)

Yeah you're right, it is 380 brake.

Finally finished downloading it!!! Holy Sh$te that RS4 is seriously quick, it absolutely pi$$es all over that M5. Love how the M5 nearly (well nearer than the other near misses!!) hits that crane thing near the end of the chase!!

Madness!!!!

Timo.

took about 20 secs to download :)

bugger me thats fast driving on a road like that!!! was it planned?? and then the rs4 split one way and the m5 the other to make them harder to find incase anyone had called the cops!!!

You would be surprised at the amount of good cars kicking about over there. Some real dogs as well. The fact that the normal cars only drive about 50mph makes the vid look even better.