Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Corrado spotting - July 2004

Black VR6 storm.M***WWU.

YAY!Finally managed to put up a "spotted" that maybe someone else knows of or has seen.

Spotted in carpark in Kirkwall,Orkney today.

Not a local car and probably not someone on here. :(

Rare enough to find a holidaymaker driving all the way here in thier C here,let alone a Storm! :o 8)

Sadly,I wasn't in my G60,but the trusty old white Mk2 GTI.

Sure it wasn't Mystic Blue :wink:

Black VR6 storm.M***WWU.

YAY!Finally managed to put up a "spotted" that maybe someone else knows of or has seen.

Rare enough to find a holidaymaker driving all the way here in thier C here,let alone a Storm! :o 8)

Not sure mate.Looked black to me.

Haven't seen a Mystic blue Corrado so wouldn't know.Could have bought the badges and stuck them on I suppose....

It did have 5 spoke alloys,which looked like the original VW ones(Estorils?Sebrings?Help me out here!) :?

Two white and very tidy looking Rados parked next to each other in an exhaust / tyre place in Woking this afternoon

Yeah that was me!

Was that you in the white shirt & blue tie outside the Audi dealer then :wink:

K

Nope, I was travelling down Wherstead Road in my car at the time :) Will probably see you same time tomorrow :-P

Black VR6 storm.M***WWU.

Not sure mate.Looked black to me.

Haven't seen a Mystic blue Corrado so wouldn't know.Could have bought the badges and stuck them on I suppose....

It did have 5 spoke alloys,which looked like the original VW ones(Estorils?Sebrings?Help me out here!) :?

tbh......mystic blue doesn't look like black in most lights....in fact in bright sunlight its a very noticable purple.........in dull light ive found it looks more blue than black............also the storm alloys are 6-spoke affairs....the standard VR has 5-spoke speedlines however..........by the sounds of it......you've seen a midnight blue or a black VR with storm badges on it

did it have leather interior too?....if so what colour?

Green C waiting in Traffic just opposite the VeeDub Garage in 'Boro this afternoon about 5pm?????

I flashed my lights and you waved back.........

Anyone claiming?????

Steve

I saw a red Corrado this morning (Thursday 29th) on the A414 in Harlow - he was going out to the M11 area - and i was on my way in to work - - this was about 8:20am - this was the first time a fellow C driver has waved at me - unfortunately by the time i realised what was going on he had gone! (It was early!!)

Also... saw another Corrado close to the Dartford Tunnel Wednesday evening about 5:45pm - he was heading anti clock round the M25 and i was approaching the tolls - didnt get to see much - and cos ive seen so many recently i've totally forgotten what colour it was too :roll:

Yesterday, saw a green 16V in the Colchester VW dealer with it's bonnet up (not an unusual sight for them or us!) and a blue 16V on 17s in the Colchester Tesco Carpark.

Yesterday, saw a green 16V in the Colchester VW dealer

Kev, your Doctor told you to stay away from ALL VW dealers, not just the one in Ipswich...

Saw another couple today,

1. White think it was a 'valver, H801***, you were on Trinity Way, Manchester about 3pm this afternoon.

2. Red, don't know which model, H373***, you were in Grimsargh near Preston around 5pm today.

Both occasions I was in my tractor engined repmobile :( , so I didn't wave, but you may have seen me having a good look.

One today - burgundy G60 on a J plate. Ended up following you from the M23 onto the A3 where ya got off at Burpham. Got a wave outta you. Of course you got the trademark cheesy grin :D

My run of seeing at least one Corrado everyday continues :D yesterday on the way home on the A414 then M11 at about 5:25 i saw a Corrado 1.8 - dark blue - K-reg - and as you pulled up to the traffic light i was busy putting a CD on and trying to find my phone -then i look up and see a Corrado right next to me :shock:

We both went on the M11 for a while - but i was not able to drive in any sort of convoy due to an irritatingly over aggressive jaguar driver!

Yesterday, saw a green 16V in the Colchester VW dealer

thought i saw you in a rover vitesse fastback mate!!

I just spent 2 nights visiting a pal in Towcester and saw 2 C's in 1 day within 1/2 mile of each other.

1(G60) was in the garage just off the village square, and the other (VR) in the "TOTAL" garage, using the jetwash machine which I'd just left !

What an amazing coincidence.

Dragon Green Storm with a custom number plate (don't remeber the initials I am afraid) bombing down Albany Road past Chandos Motors at about 9:30am this morning! Quite surprised to see that as I have never seen that car around in Coventry before :)

thought i saw you in a rover vitesse fastback mate!!

Couldn't have been me, I traded mine in for a Lexus... :wink:

:lol:

Couldn't have been me, I traded mine in for a Lexus... :wink:

Back of the net!!!!

Havn't seen your G60 yet, and i'm in woodbridge quite often. Do you hang out at the petrol station? :lol:

Is kev haywires an L reg? If so seen that a few times and another VR6 M## PAN??

Do you hang out at the petrol station?

What!

Yeah, live in woodbridge and work in ipswich - there are loads of Corrado's about, I can't keep track!

Yeah, Kev's is an L plate...

Who owns the grey 16v (I think) in aberdeen, same colour as Brians but with added white smoke belching out the back :shock:

Looked and sounded good as it drove past my place until I saw it later with the smoke. Nice looking car - hopefully getting fixed up :)

N reg Corrado on the A9 this morning about 11.15, I was heading towards Elgin and got a flash, I tried flashing first but dont think I pressed the control hard enough.