Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

lupo wipers

is there a matching one you can get for the rear? 8)

...not without some modding, but it can be done.

JMR has fitted a Lupo driver side blade on mine by grafting it onto the original rear wiper arm. Looks very 8) and works a treat :thumbleft:

Can post a pic later if you like...

LvP.

Any of you interested in having the rear wiper arm modded to match the front Lupo style items, i am happy to carry out these works direct or via mail order. You or i can supply the parts ie a Lupo arm and blade, and the Corrado rear arm. The labour charge for these works is £35. If Duncan can supply a pic of the works recently done to his Corrado, this will illustrate the end result.

It's not one that 16VG60 has done,

...but it looks exactly like the one he did do ;)

(albeit slightly shorter so the tip of the blade is inside the black surround of the rear screen)

It's not one that 16VG60 has done,

...but it looks exactly like the one he did do ;)

(albeit slightly shorter so the tip of the blade is inside the black surround of the rear screen)

meh, you get the idea :D

Edit: It works a treat too! 8)

Fitted two 6X2 998 406 last night, took less than 10 mins and WOW, what a difference :shock: :shock: Only wish I had done this sooner.

Was so glad that it was pi55ing it down on the way home (never thought I would say that!) - perfectly clear, no juddering and can still see where I'm going at 80mph +.

They fit perfectly and I can lift them without hitting the bonnet, no probs at all. Also reckon they look pretty damn hot too 8)

Best £33 quid I've spent in a long time.

NjA. :mrgreen:

Just fitted some Bosch 21/19AS wipers to the front windscreen of my C. Absolutely perfect. Bought them in Halfords, can't remember how much exactly but it was uner £20. Makes a huge difference and it's as easy as unclipping the old ones and sticking these ones on. They're what the Halford book recommend you fit to a Lupo. Not like the original 18" ones but still do the job perfectly.

My Lupo wipers are ordered and will be at my local Stealers for tomorrow morning. Finally get some proper clarity when driving in the rain!

My Stealer had them at just under £40 for both though including the VAT.. though I asked about club discount and he was happy to oblige. Paul @ Listers in Cov is CCGB friendly! :)

My Lupo wipers are ordered and will be at my local Stealers for tomorrow morning. Finally get some proper clarity when driving in the rain!

My Stealer had them at just under £40 for both though including the VAT.. though I asked about club discount and he was happy to oblige. Paul @ Listers in Cov is CCGB friendly! :)

Good stuff, you'll be amazed (relieved?) at the difference it makes 8)

And then god said "Let there be clarity when driving in either a light shower or a biblical storm!"

;)

Quick squirt of the wiper washers confirms that these are gonna be good.. could tell how crap my old wipers were as the nuts holding them down were basically lose - ie could be undone with my fingers. The Lupo wipers need a bit more force when tightening to get them to stay put! :)

The Lupo wipers need a bit more force when tightening to get them to stay put!

Thats because when they are new you have to 'tap' them onto the spindle as you tighten then up.... ie they come blank

How do chaps, now than i'v recently done this mod and its amazing but it cost me just short of £80 from steelers! Am i the only one who paid this much?! Also which arm goes where? They are different, one is straight, and they are different length. Cheers

i ordered a pair of these this afternoon while i was getting some g12+ after changing the stat .

i gave the part number to the parts bloke and he said "erm what year is your lupo" so i explained what they where for and he said "oh cool any idea if they will fit a mk4 golf too" :lol:

he then looked quite confused when he saw the price £22.44+vat and said "bloody hell thats cheaper than the arms on their own i think we might order a few sets and split them" :roll:

any idea if they would fit a mk4??

How do chaps, now than i'v recently done this mod and its amazing but it cost me just short of £80 from steelers! Am i the only one who paid this much?! Also which arm goes where? They are different, one is straight, and they are different length. Cheers

They must have given you the wrong ones as you should have ordered 2 of the same part number so if one is different to the other... also the price is way to high, with no discount at all they should be less than £50!

any idea if they would fit a mk4??

The parts bloke you spoke to must have been a complete muppet, there would have been a mk4 there with the aero blades fitted as they were standard on the later cars, so thats what he needs, the lupo ones will be way to small for a mk4!

Did he screw me over than :x ? I bought following bits:

Wiper arm...............part number-6x2955409c..............£23.46+vat

Wiper arm...............part number-6x2955410c..............£23.46+vat

Wiper blade............part number-1j2955425a................£10.95+vat

Wiper blade............Part number-1j2955426a................£9.23+vat

Total.................£78.854!!!

As you can see they are different arms and blades, driver and passenger side, they fit well and work amazing its just the price is way higher than all of you lads paid. :roll:

they have sold you all of the parts seperately :mad:

the part number listed here is for a wiper blade and arm set :roll:

and possibly due to the amount of corrado owners ordering them the price of the set has now dropped and is almost the same as the arms on their own :shock:

it seems like you need to go in to the stealers with the part numbers as when i asked the guy to look for wipers and arms for a lupo he came up with all the bits seperately and didnt know they where availiable as a set :roll:

As it says in this thread, you just need 2 of the following...

6X2 998 406

£14.75 each +vat (but depends on what discount you get)

Wow. For anyone hesitating to do these.. don't delay, order these wipers today! Finally it rained today so I put them to use on the way home - was an odd sensation as I was so used to the old wipers making squeaking rubber noise every time they were on that when these just silently wafted across the windscreen and my field of vision was returned to a completely streak free view I was amazed.

They work - really well. Best £33 I have EVER spent on my Corrado.