Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Roof Strips

Just went to the stealers today to get some bits and one of them was a set of roof strips

£91 for the pair :x

Any other way to get some cheaper

BEavisjem

When you by the strips, is it just the rubber strips you get or do you get the plastic caps for the front and rear on each side as well?

Just wondering :)

Yep you get the complete strip assembly, the caps are intergral with the strips but the rear ones snap off VERY easily when you fit them..... bloody things :evil:

I got mine from GPC last year and they were around £85 for the pair, so I don't think there's much of a difference....

GPC send them in rigid plastic tubes as they're delicate little blighters, so that's good. Dealers will just send them in bags and probably get bent or something.

I just trimmed the tatty rubber off mine, with a stanley blade & they now look nice & 'tidy :)

I just trimmed the tatty rubber off mine, with a stanley blade & they now look nice & 'tidy :)

Did myn too... :wink:

me too... gotta be better than shelling out whatever VW want for them. I've got some perfect ones in the garage but really can't be bothered to fit them until I have to :D

yup, got a pair sat behind me now for when my C goes in for respray... cost about £75 delivered from GPC... 8)

BeavisJem said

"OH sod it i will just buy them. Have already spend enough a little more wont hurt."

Ah, the words of a true Corrado slave. Clearly, a mortal of certain weaknesses - - just like the rest of us!

BeavisJem said

"OH sod it i will just buy them. Have already spend enough a little more wont hurt."

Ah, the words of a true Corrado slave. Clearly, a mortal of certain weaknesses - - just like the rest of us!

the ridiculous thing there tho............thats a totally true statement :wink:

There only there for show though, arent they?

Yup, they don't seem to have any purpose other than to cover up the weld spots along the roof. As my car has just been resprayed the manky old strips look a bit out of place, so I got me some new strips.