Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Cleaning Leather and Loom

Hi, what do u leathery guys recommend than for cleaning really grimey leather and for keeping it looking good once u got it good... need to get some stuff thought i'd ask here 1st

also does any1 kno where i can get a loom for the heated seats from on the cheap cheap

Regards and thanks in advance

lol it's not my fault my bl@@dy car is being a little tempremental after being off the road and rebuilt over the last 11 months!!! And you you know I came good for you today so shut ya face or I wont help ya tomorrow LOL

If the loom is the same as a Mk3 Golf for leather heated seats then i think i have one. Will let you know when i have a dig for it.

I use a connoly approved leather cleaner from Autosmart and it is without a doubt the best ever, it comes in a concentrate and can be diluted dependant on how dirty the seats are. I then use a cream to return the suppleness to the leather and protect it.

The cleaner removes all dirt and contaminates from the leather and is sprayed on and agitated with a slightly abrasive textured sponge.

I have used just about all other cleaners and this beats them all.

It is effective and cheap too. Around £20 for 5 litres of concentrate that will dilute up to 50 litrs (thats alot of interiors)

If the loom is the one you are after and i can find it then if we do a deal i will include some of the leather cleaner for you to try.

Otherwise visit any of your local Valeting Firms and ask them if they deal with Autosmart and see if they will get you some.

Yerp, good advice from jono. take it to a valeting place. i dont go as far as west sussex or i'd do them for u. good luck though.

thanks guys for all ya help i think im gonna go halford tomorrow for the time being and get some zymol leater cleaner and and some autoglym one and see what happens for now and than if it dont work back try to find some of the above during the week

Ah, u should be ok. do small area at a time with a light spray, agitate gently with softish brush and wipe well with rag. once its dried af ur not happy use same method again but let the cleaner soak a bit longer. red leather is a bit of a strange colour to clean? never seems to look clean? even after being cleaned.?

Hope this helps a bit 4u. though

Autoglym do a leather cleaner and a restorer (which absolutely stinks and reminds me of the preservatives in the dissecting room) . But it really does the business on the leather if you put the effort in