Sign in to follow this  
Dennis.be

Petition for clear headlights

as any one else noticed that most clear headlight has soft plastic lense and seem to be very curved in design unlike the C's flat style

if they did make them they probably just wont fit well like there rear lights! :roll:

And no-one would buy 'em new cos they'd be £200...

What's the alternative on this moment? Custom made headlights or the new type headlights of the +'92 versions.

I think that a ready-to-install headlight more than welcom is on this moment. Just look how many Corrado's have In.pro taillights, why should they not build a new type of headlight when there's a market for?

If they look great and they're plug and play, I probably buy them.

seen a few pics with corrados with clear headlights,but they all seem to be from stateside,and there would be a market for them,but the major factor is...price

question is will they make pre and post 92 versions, two lots of developement, not like the rears as they are all the same

Surely all they need to develop is the clear cover not the whole headlamp unit so there is no excuse for it being cost prohibitive to make or to retail at as long as it is a good fit like the original.

It would be nice if they developed new clear lights that not only looked better but, gave better light performance as well

Would the lens be legal? The O.E. ones have the ribs to spread the light pattern do they not?

Well exactly - if you're wanting just a replacement headlamp lens it has to have the refractor pattern, cos the silvered dish in the Corrado lamp doesn't control the dip pattern. Modern headlights use lenses or filters inside the structure of the lamp to allow them to use a completely plain outer glass.

I wonder how many of those 364 people would actually hand over £100 or 150EUR for this stuff though..??

Limited production run I can't see it costing less, PLUS there's no way it's going to get type approval.