Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

No clames bonus

I have just taken my Corrado off the road, I've swapped the policy to another car. I have full no clames which I can't use twice with my current insurer.

ie my no claims is used on the other car.

Does anyone know of any reason why I can't go to another insurance company and provide them proof of no claims and get the full discount with them?

Dont know the reason behind it. Admiral will allow cars to share no claims when both insured with them. Elephant might has Admiral is the underwriter

I have just done the same - taken my mk1 cab off the road, and put 9 years NCB to the Corrado - but my brokers say some companies will take this into account and give you a discount. As you only earn it on one policy, you cant split it between two

It seems like an enormous rip off and yet another fine example of insurance companies screwing the public and being able to get away with it.

I'd quite honestly like to hear them justify the reasoning behind it, because no matter which way you come to look at it, there is no real reason. You've not made a claim for say 6 years and you have 6 years no claims as a result.. so how can you, when insuring a 2nd car have lost those 6 years no claims? What is so different about transfering the no claims to another car and they saying you wish to reinsure the previous car with 6 years no claims?

It makes my head spin because its so ridiculous.

Yeah,

I've had the same problem. Just bought a diesel for the works run but I cannot use my no claims bonus as its used on another car. I tried swinton and they did a really good deal for me as an 'Introductory offer'. It was only about £20 dearer than what I'd got quoted with full no claims.

You're also better off ringing the brokers than doing it online as you've got more chance of haggling etc.

Incidentally does anyone know what happens if you should have an accident now? Is that the no claims buggered for both - if they're not protected?

It would be far fairer to have one no claims bonus system which applies accross all policies as a history of your driviing like speeding penalties etc. If you make a claim any insurer will penalise you for it, but if not they only give you credit for it once!

In 11 years of driving I have zero claims against me.

With HIC my Corrado was around £490 fully comp. for 1 year unlimeted mileage. I have transfered that insurance to my other vehicle.

They quoted me for 3000 miles per year £260 TPFT or £460 fully comp on the Corrado.

Works both ways. Two different risks, two sets of NCD. If you claim on one the other will not be affected directly. However the majority of insurers should give you a big introductory discount if you have NCD on another vehicle, especially if both are with the same insurer. Only thing that might torpedo this intro is if you have claims or convictions on your record.

if you had it on both cars, i suppose if you had an accident and it was your fault on one car...you'd lose your no claims. So effectively you wouldn't have any on the other either, it becomes more complicated for them to track how much no claims you have on each i think...correct me if i'm talkin rubbish. :oops:

Also got two cars and with two policies... my only gripe is that if you have an accident in one it should only affect the NCB on that policy... not on both as would be the case!!!