Sign in to follow this  
Rams

WHAT CAR CAN YOUR VR6 BEAT??

I had a bloody good race with a Honda Civic Type R!! They are supposed to be one of the best front wheels drive cars at handling! It was fairly even, but if my VR could strech her legs then it would have been a different story!!

My cousin has an Alfa 156 2.5 V6, also 190bhp standard same as vr6. It was pretty even but he had to change gear earlier each time (6 speed box) so I managed to get away.

Had a bike pass me like I was standing still yesterday though. :shock:

Subaru Impreza - 0

VR6 - 1

Nissan 200sx - 0

VR6 - 1

Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC - 0

VR6 - 1

Alfa GTV V6 - 0

VR6 - 1

Corrado VR6 Storm - 0

My VR6 - 1 8)

Scott

What impreza did you beat? What has your car had done?

I tried to beat one but it was too quick! Some of the higher end models are running standard 280 BHP, like the P1 and the type R.

I once raced a Porsche Boxter S along a country road, they dont seem all that as I was on his tail constantly unless he couldnt drive properly!

Anyone taken out Porkers?

Rams: Those scoobies are overrated, they lose a lot of power through their tranny, they are stonking up to 60 but then seem to lose steam.

Just to show that us G60 boys have some fun too:

Modified Jap spec scooby WRX- 0 (Apparently with 280bhp)

G60 - 1

Modified Celica GT4 - 0

G60 - 1

Clio Sport - 0

G60 - 1

new BMW M3 - 1

G60 - 1 (But the look on his face was priceless!! )

Porsche GT3 - 1

G60 - 0 (I had to try!!!)

Scott

What impreza did you beat? What has your car had done?

I tried to beat one but it was too quick! Some of the higher end models are running standard 280 BHP, like the P1 and the type R.

Impreza Turbo was old shape with 220bhp I believe.... new shape ones and higher end ones are tough *:)

My car is un-modded but produces a genuine 191bhp and 185lbft torque *;)

i did a 4motion the other day-quite a suprise.

std scoobie more or less even. (not many std ones round here)

punto 85 16v-smoked him :lol:

thats sweet dubcharged :) ,for some reason everytime an mr2 come close to me they wanna race me and sometimes it gets annoying,how lighter is your golf than the C g60?I been off action for about 3 months now since my charger blew up and i cant wait till i get in her now,by teh way who is still doing 3.5 bar fpr?

My Rallye is about the samne weight as the raddo! Think i might try and strip it out a bit :D

I am still doing the 3.5 bar FPR 8)

the awd must even up the weight difference in the two..

who needs back seats and spare tyres dubcharged??? :lol:

Exactly! :lol: I have already taken out one of the rear seats, but its been replaced with something a bit heavier. It makes you laugh if you sniff it :D

A few of my better battles :D

Audi TT 180 0

G60 1

Audi TT 225 0

G60 1

VW Golf Highline 0

G60 1

VW Corrado VR6 0

G60 1

Vauxhall Calibre turbo 0

G60 1

Renault Clio Williams 0

G60 1

Yamaha R1 1

G60 0 (just for fun, never again) :tongue:

My G60 - Stage 4 Supercharger, chip remap, 68mm pulley, Piper cam, check valve, heat shield, Jetex induction kit, Jetex exhaust system, cat by pass pipe.

is it just me or does anybody else think that this sort of thing needs to be done on a track with both drivers fully committed to know how the cars compare.

You are never going to get the best out of any of these cars that are listed without the freedom and relative safety (relative to doing it on a public road) of a track.

For me that is the only time you will get decent comparisons.

You are kidding yourself if you believe that because you are quicker than someone on the road then it is all to do with the car.

nine times out of ten it will be the guy who takes more risks on the road who will come out looking like the victor when really he just makes himself look daft by endangering others to prove a point and be able to post scorelines as above.

just a thought

paul

i used to put my foot down a lot,but i just cant be bothred anymore,get the odd max muppet up my arse so i just put my foot down and show them not to mess :mad:

Thats true VR6Paul, but on a nice open road (private) at night, you get a decent idea of how another performance car with an up for it driver compares to yours.

Track would be ideal though :D

is it just me or does anybody else think that this sort of thing needs to be done on a track with both drivers fully committed to know how the cars compare.

You are never going to get the best out of any of these cars that are listed without the freedom and relative safety (relative to doing it on a public road) of a track.

For me that is the only time you will get decent comparisons.

You are kidding yourself if you believe that because you are quicker than someone on the road then it is all to do with the car.

Absolutely - that's why recently I had

Pug 205 GTi 1

Corrado VR6 0

I had to let him go 'cos it just wasn't safe on the type of roads we were on

Now imagine he's on the Pug Max Muppet forum saying

"had a Corrado VR6 off the other day"....

proves nothing.

(That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!)

Also, the most embarrassing?

Ford Orion 1

Corrado VR6 0

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

me just wheelspinning away in the wet from the lights and off he went.....

vr6paul2003

You bring up valid points but in my defense:

I have had these encounters on relatively quite roads. I have not gone looking for these races they just happen, people see a G60 and want to race it, happens all the time. I do not use this as an excuse to floor it, the above have been the few selective races I have had over the last 3-4 years. Another point is that I have been a courier up to 1 year ago for a total of 7 years experiencing about every road condition and situation there is without having 1 accident, I am not saying it gives me the right to race, but I do have my wits about me to the extent I know when to stop before I endanger myself or others (others include the guy in the other car who is showing signs that he is struggling to the extent he may hurt himself).

Kevin…

Never push someone who cant handle the heat. I never entertain the max power brigade, but you can always tell when there is a seasoned and well tempered person behind the wheel of a worthy motor.

I raced a few cars in my Corrado.. but it used to alarm me the kind of lengths people would go to, trying to prove that their car was quicker.

I mean tailgating an inch behind you, finding any opportunity to overtake even in heavy traffic.. its totally insane.

Had some guy come right up behind me once in a Peugeot 306, and I could see he had his kid in his passenger seat. He tailgated for about 100 metres as we went into a roundabout, and onto a local (and empty) bypass road.. I wasn't going too fast so I just slipped the car down into 2nd and floored it. He did try to keep up, but by the time I was up into 4th he was waaay behind. Came up to the next roundabout at a bit of a silly speed and I started to brake and slow down for it.. and then the guy in the Peugeot, obviously a bit pissed that I had shown him up, howled past and went screeching round the roundabout at a seriously dangerous speed.

Too little, too late. Already shown up mate :)

Did used to really enjoy showing the muppets up in Nova's and done up Fiestas though.. they'd give it all the revs and nudging forward.. i'd just pretend to be not paying attention (even though I knew the light sequence) and just leap away from the lights.. they were usually left behind in the dust by the time I was changing into 3rd :)

If someone gets up my exhaust on the motorway (happens a lot), I just boot it and then pull over and let them pass. I just sit there merrily leaning on the door picking my nose as they struggle to get past. Oh the satisfaction of being nonchalant :lol:

I must admit I did used to get into more races than I'd have liked in my old MK2 Golf Turbo, but such was the midrange grunt, not many things stood a chance.

Now I just cruise along, knowing there is a big steam engine under the bonnet ready to be stoked as and when required.

Just because you have the power and grace in a Corrado, that doesn't mean you have to exploit it 24/7. How many Porsche 911 drivers do you see tailgating people and acting like twats? None. But they have over well 300bhp under their right foot? Yep, they know that and WE know that, nothing to prove to anyone.

I know we're all human and rivalry is in our genes, but take it easy folks and just enjoy your motors and try not to burn them out defending your pride.

At the end of the day, no Corrado is slow and they will always win any contest in the looks department. So what if a Nova with a Calibra turbo engine in it dicks on you, what would you and pleb boy's girlfriend in the passenger seat rather be seen in?

Kev

94 VR6 - that feels like a VR4 :(

good points

exactly the same slant i was trying to take on it

we know the story of the c and we don't need to make things hairy to prove it to others

cheers

paul

Oh yeah there is always the satisfaction in being the under dog and surprising greater machines, but I find it disheartening when I'm giving it the car's all and Mr M3 is just cruising!!

Kev