Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Boot space

Hi there.

Possibly a stupid question, but could anyone tell me whether the back seats of a corrado fold down hatch-back style for more boot space? Also roughly how big is the boot as it stands.

Thinking very hard about getting one, but need a certain amount lugging capacity so I'm trying to figure out whether it is practical or not.

Cheers,

s.

The rear seat backrests do fold forwards but not right down - they kind of sit at an angle. Maybe they would fold flat if the rear seat cushion & armrest was removed ??

Boot is a similar size to a Ford Fiesta

Thanks for the quick reply!

How about the actual boot space? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I could fit a couple of guitars and an amp in there somehow...

s.

Thanks for the quick reply!

How about the actual boot space? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I could fit a couple of guitars and an amp in there somehow...

s.

Nope - may get them in when the rear seat backrest is tilted forwards though

Corrado boot space is good I think, considering the type of car that it is.

I was stunned when Renegade from the forum was able to fit all 4 BBS 15" wheels in the boot of his Corrado without dropping seats, or struggling or anything. They just slotted in one after another in a row - job done!

:)

Yeah I've had an entire chest of drawers in the back of the C, along with all the bags and boxes required to christmas trips to family, and overnight bags for two people. It's pretty practical on the whole..

I had a week in Torquay this summer and got 2 adults, 2 kids AND all our luggage in too.........couldn't see out the back tho.

The Later Model Corrado has more space than the earlier model as the earlier has it's spare wheel rising higher from the boot floor. Can be a pain in the neck to get some stuff in.

The Later Model Corrado has more space than the earlier model as the earlier has it's spare wheel rising higher from the boot floor. Can be a pain in the neck to get some stuff in.

Actually, that's not quite true.... The later models have a SMALLER boot due to having a larger fuel tank (15Gal rather than 12) which raised up the boot floor slightly. That's the reason they had a space-saver spare 'cos otherwise you'd have lost nearly all of your boot space 'cos of the hump in the carpet! :|

Best combination is an early car (12gal petrol tank) with a space saver and flat carpet... should give you LOTS of room in the boot then

Is that right?

Never realised that! Will have to look out for a space saver wheel and make myself I nice boot carpet.

yeah, I only found out when I got my G60 and the sub box I used to have in my 1.8 16V won't fit in the same position 'cos the boot floor is higher... :| Bought a basslink instead and haven't looked back! ;) 8)

Is that right?

Never realised that! Will have to look out for a space saver wheel and make myself I nice boot carpet.

There's usually a few for sale at most of the VW shows - I counted around 10 at "Edition 38" last month.

Actually, that's not quite true.... The later models have a SMALLER boot due to having a larger fuel tank (15Gal rather than 12) which raised up the boot floor slightly. That's the reason they had a space-saver spare 'cos otherwise you'd have lost nearly all of your boot space 'cos of the hump in the carpet! :|

And mine's got a full size spare, so there's bugger all room in there at all :(

Yeah I've had an entire chest of drawers in the back of the C, along with all the bags and boxes required to christmas trips to family, and overnight bags for two people. It's pretty practical on the whole..

Dr Mat in Corrado praise shocker ....

no good for fishing though :lol:

Dunno Dazzy, depends if your heater matrix bursts or not... you could always just go fishing in the passenger footwell if it does! :roll: :wink: :lol: