Sign in to follow this  
vwdubs

Suspension drop on G60 40mm-70mm

Ok, I have £350 in my sky rocket and am looking at changing my shocks/springs, can anyone recommend the best kit I could buy for £350 for a G60 and based on experience please guys.

Look forward to everyones input. Except Bal's as he could afford Koni adjustable and I just plain cant

hey mate, I aint loaded you no!! :p

like I said to you the other day, try Richard venom motorsport see what he can offer you & then ask what the chaps here think?? :D

Ok, I have £350 in my sky rocket and am looking at changing my shocks/springs, can anyone recommend the best kit I could buy for £350 for a G60 and based on experience please guys.

Look forward to everyones input. Except Bal's as he could afford Koni adjustable and I just plain cant

You should be able to get a Koni Sport 40mm drop kit for about that (OK perhaps not as good for lowering as a full coilover kit), but all their dampers are damping adjustable and the rears have a range of height settings, as the dampers are suitable for lowering to nearly 60mm I think you could get away with even lower springs on the front than come with the kit at some point. Even cut the front springs down a bit (flame proof jacket on)

I'm certainly impressed with the quality of Koni dampers.

David.

I have weitec 40m which was on the car when i got it so unsure of exact cost but it handles great, is still cumfy slow and fast. i really reccommend them and wld say they are certainly worth looking into as an option. good luck

I origanally had the vipertech dropshox kit on mine to start

Uprated springs & Dampers 40mm drop looked a little more thou

That was around the 270 mark i think

was a good ride 8)

do the supersport coilovers drop that low? they were £390 last time I asked - inc. delivery

I with you on that one mate, Steve pull yr finger out & get some coilovers!! :p

I've got Koni adjustables and the ride is fine. The most critical thing to affect ride as well as how low you go is your wheel/tyre size. If you're running 205/40 R17's the ride is going to be a lot more jittery that if you're running 195/50 R15's. The Koni only lowers 35mm but any lower than that and you get bump steer, lack of suspension travel which results in bottoming out and a falling rate spring rate as the wishboes are pointing the wrong way at rest. Cutting out coils from a spring is potentially dangerous. If you want the car lower buy a shorter stiffer spring rather than cutting down a longer softer spring.

Running OZ 205/40 R17's(well the tyres aint OZ :wink:) , Thanks for the imput so far... Its a roody nightmare deciding

I went from 17's to the original 15 inch BBS and I haven't looked back, ride and handling is leagues ahead IMO. No tramlining, no wrestling with the wheels to keep the car in a straight line, comfortable ride etc!

I have mentioned in a previous post about my dislike for the 17s Neil so I can only agree with you on that front..

I think it was Kev who stated 17's set-up well really have no noticeable difference. This is why Im going to get em set-up before I decide if they are going out the door.

I went from 15" to 17" and didn't like em, Ive got Koni adjustables. I'm now on 16" OZ's and they are ok.