Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Henny's J-DUB G60

Looking great Henny! Even i'm looking forward to the 'big day' for you mate!!

Give us a hint, Henny. Just *how* long ago was that photo taken for your avatar??

(Personally I think you're nuts, but I have immense respect for your determination, mate!)

Photo was taken 31/05/2003 at 13:59 at Mow Cop Castle, just outside Congleton... 8)

You're not the only one who thinks I'm nuts... I do too! ;) :lol:

If I'd have known how long this would drag on for, and how much I was gonna throw at it both in time and money, then I probably would have got rid and bought a new one.... But I got to that stage where I just though "sod it, I've started so I'll finish!" 8)

The engine looks super Henny- I come from around your area (Buxton) and spend every other weekend down there. I noticed on a previous post you have already sampled the joys of the Cat & Fiddle road over to Macclesfield :mrgreen:. Let me know if you ever take your g60 for a spank around that area at a weekend- If I am about I'll try and meet you some place and get a look at your car in the flesh :)

Cheers

Mike

Photo was taken 31/05/2003 at 13:59 at Mow Cop Castle, just outside Congleton... 8)

)

Ahhh - Mow Cop - brings back memories of being driven up there in 1989-ish in a mate's Allegro :oops: - nearly didn't make it up to the top :-) He had to keep changing down until we were chigging along in 1st... memories...

HELP! I think I may have created something EVIL... I swear it wants to get me! ;) 8) :lol:

This weekend's pictures of the sooo nearly completed car... Still not running due to a dead starter motor :roll: and MWS sending me the wrong wheel bolts :mad: (front wheels are currently held on with 2 locking wheel bolts each, and that's it! :oops: )

All fluids are in, all bolts are tight, all systems are go (apart from the starter motor!)

The only things to add when they arrive are the sunvisors, new slam panel (mine's bent and rusting...) and TrakM8 system.... oh, and the new starter motor I'll buy on Tuesday... :roll:

OMG, that is so sweet mate

Just 1 question those jbl speakers in the front door, are they in the standard door pods or is that custom, can`t really see in the pics

and what model no., size, etc.....speakers are they ?

Ian

8) 8) 8) 8) once again Henny......damn nice motor and damn nice spec 8) 8) 8) 8) ..........i'm sure you'll have countless fun once all the "wee" teething troubles are sorted

Looking oh-so sweet Henny. Can't wait for the big day.. just wanna hear how well it all goes :)

OMG, that is so sweet mate

Just 1 question those jbl speakers in the front door, are they in the standard door pods or is that custom, can`t really see in the pics

and what model no., size, etc.....speakers are they ?

Ian

Custom door pods came with the leather interior... they were made to fit a set of Infinity component speakers... just so happened that I've got the JBL versions of the infinity speakers so they fitted straight in... 8) I'm yet to re-locate the tweeters, and I'm unsure whether to do so or not... I'll have a play and see where I prefer them to be located, Dash or speaker pod... 8)

Yeah, there's been a few teething problems with this build, but when you're attacking as much of a car in one hit as I've tried to do when it's got 236K miles on it, you expect the occasional hic-cup! ;) It's sooooo close now though.... there's not a lot left that can go wrong! ;) 8)

Nice cushion mate! 8)

Its looking seriously nice now! That interior.... :shock: I think you forgot something though, where's your rear view mirror?!

Nice cushion mate! 8)

It's in case I go out on the town with work and have to kip on my office floor! ;)

I think you forgot something though, where's your rear view mirror?!

Rear view mirror kept falling off... it's currently in the passenger side door pocket and has been replaced by a camera and TV head unit... ;) :lol:

I learnt a valuable lesson today.... :o

It's VERY important to have a fire extinguisher in your car.....

....however, where you keep it is equally important, and keeping it under the rear arm rest isn't as neat an idea as you think it may be... :oops: :roll: :|

Fortunately it was a powder extinguisher so it just vacuumed up without causing any damage except to my heart rate! :oops: :roll:

ya cars looking wicked man,,,,the good fun days are approaching fast hold on ehhhh....

Love ya cushion too, where ya find one of those

FurkiG60 The cushion was bought at Malvern (Bug-in / BVF) more years ago than I care to remember after my (now Ex) missus complained about not having enough pillows... Cheapest way I ever found of keeping her quiet... it only cost me a quid! 8)

CORRADO4LIFE yup, I was at the Dubsport day, and I met you (briefly)... I was in my Pinky red MKII driver though, as J-DUB was still in bits... :wink:

Well, I just bolted my new starter motor on, turned the engine over without plugs in for a minute or two, put the plugs back in...

...and she started first touch of the key! 8) :D :D :D 8)

SHE LIVES!!! :)

It would have been 8 months this coming Sunday since she died on me, but she's now ready to drive and bed in...

By GOD do I feel GOOD! :D

I'll get her booked in at my local garage so they can set the timing up properly and give her a fresh MOT (just to make sure! ;) ) and then I'm mobile in a Corrado again! 8)

YAY!

Good news, i'm pleased for you. hope everything is plain sailing from now on.