Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Which BBS wheels?

think you get both if not there 15's.

i was going to get a set of them for spares but i couldnt be bothered with the hassle. sets always crop up on the polo forums but the all say offeres and dont like it when you offer 50 quid inc postage :lol:

I always thought the standard G60 wheels (on Geo's Golf) are called RA's. The mk2 16v standard issue were RZ and not enough clearance for the G60 brakes and the 2 piece split rims are the RM edition and optional extras as on my 16v from factory. And the 3 peice split is the RS but I think these wheels are standard BMW issue and I dont think VW gave this option.

I paid 660 euro for a fully refurbished set of RMs with chrome rims and freshly painted centers on ebay.de. They look stunning on the corrado. And just to show off I stripped the standard set of RMs on the Golf and gave them some nice chrome rims bolts and powder coated canters. The best for wheel for any VW if you ask me . A set going onto my brothers mk3 TDi for his crimbo box aswell.

All the BBS wheels above are 15" * 6.5 afaik but the RMs can be fitted with wider rims to become anything from 7 to 10" and I have even seen 13" sets on ebay. There is a long thread on VW vortex with lots of pics. Just goggle for ' BBS thread'. And search Ebay.de cause there are lots of sets for sale at good prices there. Even sets of splts that need a refurbish can go for very little money and for the bitof work it takes stripping them and refurbishing its well worth it when you see them on the car.

I

And just to show off I stripped the standard set of RMs on the Golf and gave them some nice chrome rims bolts and powder coated canters. .

Is this wise? Suppose you'll say so, but its either BBS or VW that advise never to take split rims apart. Never mind - yours, old gran.

However the RM, RZ issue seems a little clearer - if this guys right.

.de - postage from Germany is expensive, no? Cant sprekenzi deusche any way.

I

And just to show off I stripped the standard set of RMs on the Golf and gave them some nice chrome rims bolts and powder coated canters. .

Is this wise? Suppose you'll say so, but its either BBS or VW that advise never to take split rims apart. Never mind - yours, old gran.

They say that because they want you to send the wheel to *them* for repair so that they can rip you off and honour the TUV approval. The guarantee is null and void if your replace the split rims.....when new that is.

They simply bolt on and are sealed with silicon, there's nothing to it. The worsr that will happen is they leak.

Guessed this maybe the case, but those bolts have got to be perfectly torqued up, with locking nut fluid. :idea:

~ drools @ Kev's wheels. See you've got those tyres which protect the rim. £££

Guessed this maybe the case, but those bolts have got to be perfectly torqued up, with locking nut fluid. :idea:

Sure, but that's not difficult though :wink: Some wheel manufacturers have got round the DIY repair thing by not selling customers spare plates. They *have* to go back to Germany for repair, swines! You can get plates from 3rd parties but you can't guarantee they'll be the same though.

Cheers! Err, fraid not. They are 215s and *still* don't cover the rim....as I found to my cost this morning :cry:

Cheers! Err, fraid not. They are 215s and *still* don't cover the rim....as I found to my cost this morning :cry:

Oooh dear :(

My tyres are the same, and thought that tiny rib of rubber couldnt stop kerbing to rim; hope i dont find out. However that rib certainly doesnt protect the spokes if the spokes stick out further than the rim, as the previous owner must've found out on mine.

:|

Got a reply from BBS today. Have to send them on the part numbers on my wheels and they'll tell me what it is. So we'll soon know for sure :lol:

The protectors would cover the rim if the wheels were 6.5 or 7J, but they're 8Js! You need 225 or 235s to get decent protection on 8s!

Luckily I have a brand new spare wheel, so it's not a major issue, just damned annoying :x

And just to show off I stripped the standard set of RMs on the Golf and gave them some nice chrome rims bolts and powder coated canters. The best for wheel for any VW if you ask me .

Did you sell those after Mark? What have you on the golf at the moment?

I have the corrado wheels on the Golf now. Looks quiet well. They suit the Golf more then the Corrado IMO. The Golf is up for sale but not with the splits. Decided to keep wheels and let my brother have them for his mk3. They cost me a lot of money to get them looking how they are now and you wont come across another set to handy so Ill keep them in the family.

How I laughed when I saw Teddy bear Ronals for the first time,in my best Irish accent

'I couldnt believe it ' :D

I see just matz has rims for Rm's ;-)

I have the corrado wheels on the Golf now. Looks quiet well. They suit the Golf more then the Corrado IMO.

Yeah I think the Corrado wheels suit the Mk2 very well. I didn't expect them to look as good on mine at all before I put them on.

I always thought the standard G60 wheels (on Geo's Golf) are called RA's. The mk2 16v standard issue were RZ and not enough clearance for the G60 brakes and the 2 piece split rims are the RM edition and optional extras as on my 16v from factory. And the 3 peice split is the RS but I think these wheels are standard BMW issue and I dont think VW gave this option.

Close but Mk2 16v wheel was the RA and the Corrado wheel is the RZ as mentioned above by OSV.

just been looking

http://www.oxfordshirevwoc.co.uk/wtrwheels.htm

http://www.2002parts.com/html/4-lug_wheels.html

an i reckon it`s gotta be RA`s (the only ones without a picture) on the first site that have the correct fitment

otherwise they look like a mixture of bimmer 14" RZ`s, watercooled RZ`s (although only in 14")and RJ`s in 15" - but my mate had a `rocco with RJ`s and they were paited/coated black on the inside of the spokes

i dunno, just trying to find out!!!! :?

This is getting silly :lol:

This is a BBS RA it was fitted to MK2 Golf 16v GTIs and later 8vs. It is distinctly different from the wheels fitted to the Corrado G60 ,note the curved spoke and exposed eheel bolt fixing holes.

This is the reply I got back from BBS:

it is an original wheel of VW. Our name of the wheel is

called "RV 451", but if you have more questions about the wheel or guaranty things or

replacement, please contact your next VW dealer. We produce the wheels but we havn´t

the licence to sell original products

So it must be an RV :wink:

This is a nightmare thread!!

G60 - RZ's 6.5x15

Golf 16v - RA's 6x15

RM's are 2 piece Splits, optional on later G60/16v Corrado. Also known as 'Edition Ones' 6.5x15 et 33

RS' variety of sizes and PCD fitments, smallest would be 7x15 et 25 in 4x100

This is getting silly :lol:

This is a BBS RA it was fitted to MK2 Golf 16v GTIs and later 8vs. It is distinctly different from the wheels fitted to the Corrado G60 ,note the curved spoke and exposed eheel bolt fixing holes.

Hi, been off this topic for a while.

YES, thats an RA, I dont like the look of it my self. Seen plenty on ebay going for similar money to the Corrado wheel [although told the RA is a cheaper wheel]. I've seen this RA in black too - looks better polished.