Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Which BBS wheels?

Trying to choose BBS wheels for rado [set of 4].

Can anyone:

a) Confirm which BBS came standard with which car?

b) give a typical asking price for each style [2nd hand - good nick]

This site lists some.

http://www.oxfordshirevwoc.co.uk/wtrwheels.htm

But Im also under the impression that the G60 came with RM's [not RA's]. The RS 001 splits look very fancy, I guess these ask top price, but were not a vw option?!

Any tips will help!

Someone please help Stuart out, because i've tried to help but I just don't know the model number / name for the standard G60 wheel! :(

Are they possibly BBS RA's ?

As mentioned above the RA's are the standard Mk2 Golf 16V wheel. These are no good for a G60 corrado as even though they are 15s they won't clear the G60 front brakes (they also look crap on corrados IMO I've seen them on a few 16Vs)

As far as I know the standard G60 wheel shown above and as fitted to my Golf are actually BBS RMs.

I know the RMs are the two piece rims as fitted to the golf G60 edition one. But I thought that the corrado G60 wheel was an RM as well as they are essentially the same style just a single piece version of the split rim RM. I'm probably wrong though. :roll:

As mentioned above the RA's are the standard Mk2 Golf 16V wheel. These are no good for a G60 corrado as even though they are 15s they won't clear the G60 front brakes (they also look crap on corrados IMO I've seen them on a few 16Vs)

As far as I know the standard G60 wheel shown above and as fitted to my Golf are actually BBS RMs.

oh and thanks Geo...

I've got a 16v, but like the bbs seen on a G60. Either way my calipers should fit within

unless I've been heavily mistaken, they are RMs. I've just paid £200 for 4 with Pirelli P5000s, £40 for postage. Though I have seen some go for about 250. Ebay always to seems to have some on (including ones selling in germany). Hope that helps :)

I paid Eur400 (about £275) for mine with 4 nearly new Yokohama A539s One of the wheels was brand new and the others were in very good nick. I only got 3 centre caps though....

Yep, RM's were not standard on Corrado G60's but were offered as an optional extra, I think the standard ones were RA's...

Erm....

I think the standard G6O fitment BBS wheel is the 6.5 x 15 RZ

:lol:

I've just emailed BBS :lol:

I still think they are RMs. They definitely aren't RAs or RZs. RAs were the mk2 golf 16v wheel with exposed wheel nuts and RZs were the early Mk3 Golf VR6 wheel AFAIK.....

Maybe the non-split and split G60 wheels are both called RM?

Why can't BBS just use names like other brands!! Would be so much easier!

Maybe the non-split and split G60 wheels are both called RM?

That's what I think :wink:

For info,

The standard wheels available on the Corrado G60 were:

BBS RZ,

6.5 x 15"

ET 33

4 X 100 PCD

They were NOT RM's, these were 2-piece split rims (same size tho 6.5 x 15") and they were only available on Mk2 Golf Edition One's AND as an option on late-spec G60;s AFAIK. They were the same ones as appeared on early Golf VR6's except obviously the VR6 wheels were 5 x 100 PCD.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Yep, RM's were not standard on Corrado G60's but were offered as an optional extra, I think the standard ones were RA's...

Erm....

I think the standard G6O fitment BBS wheel is the 6.5 x 15 RZ

:lol:

Simple ! .... oh well, we'll see. Big fella above seems to have the answer.

I've got some non-standard BBS now off ebay. Not a clue what they are, 6-spoke, at the right price.