Sign in to follow this  
phaserno1

Can anyone help with this (insurance payouts)

As you might know I have just written off my corrado! (see urgent! Breaking VR6). Now my other problem is that the flipping insurance company have just offered a piss taking £2800 for the car pay off!!!, I mean WHAT!!!??? The car is worth much more than this surly???

Has anyone had to deal with this sort of thing before?? They are now saying I have to prove that’s its worth more! Likely against an insurance company!!! Like my chances Not!… any advice please will be grateful….

I mean how difficult is this turning out to be… took out a fully covered mod insurance and they still take the complete piss out of me… The car was ice grey vilot not a common colour I believe it was only painted for 12 months, I bet they did not find one that colour when they scanned the net for c’s…

Any one on here with an Ice grey violt C??? if so I need a favour from u ??? Pm me PLEASE

Help Urgently Needed Here ARRRRRRR

Phil

same thing happened to a friend of mine, he had a Pug 205 1.9gti, worth well over 3k at the time and the INS company offered him £900!!!! they told him to prove the car was worth what he said, so he got his brother to place and advert in auto trader selling a Pug the same for 4k, he got his money in the end

Give us the low down on your car. There are only a few VRs under 3 on the autotrader. Mileage will affect the value most IMO.

Gavin

click here

*mod edit - worlds longest link shortened... :roll: - Henny*

phaserno1, find out what they're basing their information on (could be Glass' guide modified by x amount for mileage). Most policies state that they will pay out one of the following (whichever is lowest):

1)The cost of repairs

2)The amount the vehicle was insured for

3)The value of the vehicle immediately before the accident.

Send them autotrader adverts and if possible a signed statement from your friendly local garage saying what good condition the car was in. Send these accompanied by a letter asking them to increase their offer to about £500 more than you're prepared to accept and see what happens. PM me if you want a copy of the letter I sent to Highway (robbery).

CHeers,

Tom

Here we go again.

Either it's a bad month for Corrados, or the insurance companies are making comedy offers more often now, cos there seems to be another "bad price offered for Corrado" post about every two weeks!!

You should be aware that the insurance company is *negotiating* to buy the car from you. You have every right to refuse and ask a higher value if you think they are being unfair. You don't have the right to claim it was a 20k mile minter and ask 8k however... :)

There playing the numbers game with you. Yhey will offer crap money to all in the hope of minimising the loss. Its surprising how many will just accept the 1st offer. There are a number of guys on the forum who have successfully negotiated their settlements up. As has already been mentioned you need to build a case and present it well.

You can then buy it for scrap value and make a killing breaking it. :-P

yup, I'm going through exactly the same thing with Flux at the moment... their inital offer was a smidgen over 2K for my G60, which I told them (in writing!) was insulting... :lol:

I ended up sending them a letter which was over an inch thick which included print outs from this forum, copies of magazine articles with my car in it, print outs of autotrader adverts and adverts from this forum, and ALL of the major receipts for work I'd done/parts I'd bought etc, as well as the rolling road print outs, timing slips from the Pod, and photos from Curburough and lots of other shows too....

You really need to drill it into them that prices of Corrados bear NO resemblance to those in the glasses guide (which should, IMHO, be banned from ALL insurance places... :mad: )

Write 'em a nice letter telling 'em where to stick that offer (nicely of course! :lol: ) and include a shed load of bits of info as I have mentioned and you'll get a much better offer out of 'em... 8)

Good luck!

yup i agree with henny, dont let them decide how much your car is worth by looking in the glass guide.

Corrado can fetch much more than book price so collect adverts and print forum pages, whatever you have to do to get them to pay more

Well, it works! Just got a letter from Flux and the cheque for £3500 will be in the post soon! :D

That's paid for my new C and will give me a little bit to get it 100% before I start going mad swapping bits over from J-DUB and doing odd things to the rest of J-DUB... ;) :twisted: :lol:

I'm still waiting for the big wadge of paperwork to turn up from elephant. I then need to fill it all in and send it back to them.

I'll take the opportunity to enclose copies of my big wadge of receipts, some Auto Trader printouts and receipt that I got for the car... :D

Well, it works! Just got a letter from Flux and the cheque for £3500 will be in the post soon! :D

That's paid for my new C and will give me a little bit to get it 100% before I start going mad swapping bits over from J-DUB and doing odd things to the rest of J-DUB... ;) :twisted: :lol:

good to hear. 8) makes you wonder about the amount of people that just accept the first offer they get :mad:

Well Thank you all ever so much for all your advice much appreciated with cherries on top!... for thoes who dont know why im pissed off so much a little story below lol...

As a few of you might rember from around last April/may time I had 2 non faults previous to this much bigger accident!, that all turned out to be a proper night mare my car was kept in there garage for well over 5 months!!!

I had both non accident damage done twice by new people due to the fact the work was shoddy!!!!

When I finally got it back took it out at the week end it over heated they didn’t flush the system after taking the rad out which the said they never did lmao!!.

So the whole thing got worse then after a month I managed to phone the ins company every day 4 about a month got any money I paid out re inversed, a new rad paid for!, and pipe work!, and got them to give me my lost 6 months of ins in money back seeing I was not driving it!! Funny that..

But this is not the point you should not have to go through the head ach caused by it, it was all so simple u know!..

So it dose work, but to tell to be honest ive had enough of the whole ins bullshit… they have got a contender for a long possible battle I can tell you that for free lol…..

show me the colour of there money!!!! lol

phil