Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Anyone know anything about the AA??

Right guys and girls, my AA membership ran out 2mths ago (i know silly me) now i need them.................. Mate of mine os still a member and just want to know if any of you have called the AA out to a car thats not yours? i know they will do this but what is the score?

I've done it, twice in fact. First time was fine, friend broke down in their Corsa and the AA guy I called out was really nice. Second time wasn't so great. I used my mum's card to call out a homestart on my old Fiesta, the AA guy was a grumpy barsteward and although he fixed my car gave me a lecture on why I shouldn't have used another person's membership. I tried to tell him that the person is covered, not the car, but he said it didn't apply to homestart.

So I ran him over.

Not really.

the only time the AA covered me was when I got a friends car fixed :roll: I needed them twice before that when I crashed my old 306 and couldn't drive it... but they don't cover accidents, so I still had to pay :p

RAC cover accidents thats why i moved from the AA to the RAC

Really? Very interesting... I will have to reconsider my membership next time its up for renewal. But then the RAC don't cover the person do they, just the car..?

RAC do cover the person - so again same applies.

My mum has the top-whack RAC cover which includes specifying a car with special cover - guess you gets that ;) So I pay nothing for RAC cover and get all the special treatment.

I've got them to flatbed it to a garage 70 miles away before - all covered :)

Yup, the RAC were very helpful when I had my crash, and they even claimed the callout against the insurance so that it didn't count toward my total number of callouts for the year. The only problem I've had with them were when I got a contractor who managed to break the steering column on the car I was in at the time.

On the administrative side, I found the AA to be worse than useless. They illegally removed £120 from my bank account to pay for cover held by someone else...

I like the way they hopelessly optimistically keep your credit card on file so they can "automatically renew" next year. As if I'm going to have the same credit card account for a whole year?? :)

Anyone know anything about the AA??

Their patrolmen wear a rather smart brown uniform and ride yellow and black motorcycles with a side car.

nmm24.jpg

They will also warn you of Police speed traps ahead.

they should make them wear that gear today.....

I like the damsel in distress----probably on her way down to the shops to get some more potatoes that the silly old moo forgot for the Sunday lunch...she deserves to break down.

Why is she pretending she's interested in whats going on under the bonnet?

they should make them wear that gear today.....

I like the damsel in distress----probably on her way down to the shops to get some more potatoes that the silly old moo forgot for the Sunday lunch...she deserves to break down.

Why is she pretending she's interested in whats going on under the bonnet?

:lol: lovely 1950's thinking :)

And she's actually not interested in what's going on under the bonnet, she's just checking out his biceps..

I like the way they hopelessly optimistically keep your credit card on file so they can "automatically renew" next year. As if I'm going to have the same credit card account for a whole year?? :)

I think you will find that you credit card company will still bill u. They done this to me with a card that I had cancalled. This was a good few years ago now so things may have changed

The AA were better as a mutual,since being bought out and now owned by 'Centrica' they have turned into a far differant 'animal'

and yet they have the hard neck to slag off the RAC for being owned by a pall mall gentlemans club.

They used to have depots to get inspections done etc,but you can get good discounts on cover via being a member of the IAM for example.

Nice to see a woman looking under a bonnet ;-)

okay i cant qoute on all peoples experiences but........

RAC will tow a minor accident damaged vehicle but are not obliged to, but will send you a tow truck at a cost to you

AA dont tow accident vehicles as with the RAC they are a breakdown rescue service and an accident is no breakdown

centrica sold the AA back in semptember and it is now a private company again

Nice to see a woman looking under a bonnet

yep the AA has several female patrols

as for using a friends card the reason the patrol will be 'grumpy' is that they are not ment to fix a car that te member is not present, and the AA needs a form of id as well as the card. REMEMBER using someone elses card is fraud.

Also the patrols have heard every excuse going so dont treat them as fools, tell the truth and you wil get a better service. Left your lights on and flattened your battery , just say so. not your card well be nice.

personally i think the service offered is better with the AA the the RAC and i have broke down twice on the motorway and each time i called the RAC it took 3 hours to get to me, AND I WAS STAFF

either way not everyone will be happy with a service. as with any insurance you only test it when you are stressed and want instant service, so do 25000 other people who break down in britain every day.

Remember next time you are waiting for a patrol he is probably changing a puncture for some jumped up t**t who doesnt see why he should get his hands dirty.

sorry to defend the patrols but as an ex RAC patrol and now a AA patrol i feel justified.

also remember the aa will now give you a car for a day free if its not fixable, and you can take it anytime in the first 72 hours, it does help