daves16v

Noisy Wheel Bearings?? **Fixed**

hahaha that aint me!

if it was it wouldnt be a problem

i would have sold the corrado to buy pie

the brake pedal option is my best hope.

its worth a whole lotta pie.

lol

back to the hubs, when i do that big nut back up, do i just pull the wrench until my eyes bleed, or should i observe some sort of torque setting?

its worth a whole lotta pie.

lol

back to the hubs, when i do that big nut back up, do i just pull the wrench until my eyes bleed, or should i observe some sort of torque setting?

You observe 200 pounds!

I normaly use a breaker bar, supported by an axle stand as near to its knuckle as possible, and bounce on the end of the bar handle, keep the bar between 2 and 4 o-clock as you look at it. The axle stand keeps the socket square on the nut. I do not have torque wrench rated high enough to get to the correct torque. As I said before make sure you have someone applying pressure on the footbrake. Much better than doing it with the car in gear which transmits all the load through the transmission to the engine - not ideal, plus the car will rock backwards and forwards.

If you're gonna be locking the driveshaft by applying the brakes - be sure to screw the wheel bolts into the hub. If you don't, the little disc retaining screw will just shear off !!

I've just cured what I thought was rumbling bearings by changing to 4 new Toyo T1-R tyres, well happy.