I'm surprised dubster82 hasn't replied to this telling about the night we had an encounter in his Rad with 3 lovely young ladies, unless he's scared his other half reads it...... :lol: :wink:

Took my G60 out for the first time in 18months, last Saturday,drove round town for a wee while,then went home and parked up outside the house.

The amount of cars that went past and slowed down to have a gander was astonishing-one bloke even drove past,braked hard,reversed and was just gawping.

That night I had another drive and got flagged down bya young drunk who promptly offered me £4k for it...... :)

I remeber with my first Corrado, about a week after buying it I was raced off some lights by some lads in a MK2 Golf.. but then they ended up following me to work which had me a bit unsettled. So I pulled into the work car park and stopped immediately just by the entrance and they pulled up behind me... then just came up and chatted about how nice the car was and how much they wanted to get one eventually! Told em the dealer I got it from etc, and they thanked me and drove off!

And there was the time in a car park I came back to my car and some guy was just looking in the windows of it and stuff.. I walked up and said "Can I help you?" - turned out he owned a Golf too and was a biig Corrado fan.. and was on about getting one some day, was asking me all about it etc..

Its an awesome car to own really if you like compliments off strangers.. I think when you get to Porsche level people just look at you with envious eyes whereas the Corrado they're genuinely interested! :D

i went for a interview the other day and the interviewer was more interested in my car then anything...kept making comments on how he likes it etc...... :wink: oh and i still did not get the job, doh!!

I remember coming back from Stealth with Supercharged once and a whole van full of kids were shouting out of the windows and sticking their thumbs up as we passed them, LOL!

And I tell you what, ever since giving the ZW1s a damn good seeing to.....with some polish and a cloth, boy does the car attract attention now :D

Generally speaking though, people where I live are miserable feckers and don't want to be seen to admire someone elses property. Not even fellow Corrado drivers get involved in the spirit of things and acknowledge each other....to all you Ipswich people, get your heads out of your backsides and lighten up. Carpoid and KeystarG60 excluded of course :wink:

Dealers seem to give me the most praise and I saw two salesman walking away from my car the other week discussing the car's colour and condition.... not that it's mint or anything, but from a distance it looks quite spangly :)

i overheard a couple of chavs yesterday walking past the c while parked up.

'whoa,look at that porsche'

:? :lol:

That HAS to go on the front page lmfao!

was parked in local supermarket car park a couple of weeks ago, left Scarlett sitting while i walked to petrol station to get ciggies, when walking back over i noticed someone who looked familliar looking at her, i walked over and realised it was a guy i had went to school with that i had had the HUGEST crush on since i had been 7. went through the usual hi, how u doing? what u been up to? crap then i asked him what he was doing and looked at the C... he admitted he was looking at the car cos he thought they were lovely and had always wanted one but his other half (the bint he chose over me aged 16) wouldnt let him get anything sporty...

at that i smiled ever so smugly, said goodbye n opened the door! his face dropped!!! saw him stand and watch me drive all the way out the car park...

mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... :evil:

i love my car!!!!

someone just tripped over a paving slab while gawping at my car as I drove down the highstreet....havnt laughed so much in ages!

someone just tripped over a paving slab while gawping at my car as I drove down the highstreet....havnt laughed so much in ages!

Heh.. wouldn't have been quite such a happy ending if you were laughing so hard you forgot to brake for the cars sitting in a queue of traffic just ahead of you ;)

Thats a classic though.. heheh :D

so many chufties!

Girlf's current neighbour (volvo, subaru.... dad owners a countach & 911!) wants it off me apparently. Her ex-neighbour (911) came all the way down his drive to admire mine when I was dropping her off.

1 of the contractors at work 2night has been going on about it to me, how he's after 1 etc (aren't they always tho).

The new bloke I work with (boxster) has just declared his admiration for it.

Girlf's mate (Pug 206 GTi 180) let me overtake him, 'I just knew I couldn't keep up' :-)

I must say the miltek does get the chavs' heads turning down the highstreets

...And probably the biggest compliment I got was from my mate (fiat coupe 20v turbo plus, tuned to 260bhp).. 'this cars so smoothy, I never realised how nice it was' after I let him drive it.

In Kwik Fit a yank and spanner monkey started arguing on what was better, a VR or G60 whilst standing next to mine (VR obviously)

And finally in the Vauxhall garage the other day whilst test driving a VX220 Turbo (god they shift) the dealer was commenting on what a lovely condition he's (the car that is, not swiss toni) in.

Problem I got is now, at 11yrs old, he's starting to feel long in the tooth. But I just don't know what to replace him with. I liked the VX220, but it was 18k.. I just can't justify spending that sorta money whilst saving for a mortgage. I like boxsters, but again similar money, there's something I don't like about Porsche owners either, far too smug. So I'm thinking E46 330ci Sport or in a moment of madness Jag XJR 4.0.. both can be had for around 13k. What do you chaps & chapess' think? I could do with car ideas.. also like integras, but you have to rev the nuts off em.

ah, forgot the ultimate 1!

Was getting some BP go-go-juice late at night in Crawley with the missus, left her in the car whilst I went to pay. Looked out the window and the car was surrounded by some chavvies with a mk3. Got a bit worried n thought something was gonna happen, then they came in the pay bit, and said (in best chav typing), 'you car mate, its madonna innit mate? Yeah madonna innit?' I said 'what?' (in best middle class english), 'number plate mate innit, its madonna innit, your car's madonna's?' .. I was like wtf.. looked at my plate again, then realised:

M906 NNA

MADO NNA

So there you go, I left the chavs taking the rise out of the 1 who really thought the car was Madge's!

One night I had just parked up outside a pub one and as i was getting out two blokes walked past, and one of them looked at the badges and said 'Christ they're like shit off a shovel aren't they?' to which i replied (really didn't know what to say) 'err yeah they're alright' and then walked into the pub with a big grin on my face

And the other day I was picking up a mate at a VW garage and the manager came running over to look at it saying how much he loved them and asking what the mileage was etc and told me that they had four storms when they came out and said they were impossible to sell

I know what you mean rick, i always get a bit bashful when people ask 'is it fast', you know it is, but you dont want to look like a prick, so generally you mutter something like 'yeah, theyre ok'.

he had always wanted one but his other half (the bint he chose over me aged 16) wouldnt let him get anything sporty...

at that i smiled ever so smugly, said goodbye n opened the door! his face dropped!!! saw him stand and watch me drive all the way out the car park...

In your face looser bloke. Nice one !

It does seem the rado gets plenty of long glances etc, but you also get the comments. Just this week the lad in the petrol station said "is that a scirocco.... or, erm, or possibly a corrado? , you can tweak em to hell cant yu!?"

"somthing like that fella, cheers".

Im amazed at how many young women stare at the car on my way into work - maybe they're just wondering why a kids driving a car (being so short an all) :lol:

Bloke selling Aerial photos last night, whilst I was tightening the wheel bearings, said "Don't see many of them about..." as he glanced at the badge on the rear ...."is she quick?" to which I replied "not as quick as a VR6, but still quick enough". "Nice car" He said! hmmmm I thought..... chuftie!

Ahh I love you guys :cry: :lol:

Good chufties from when I was out washing my C just after I go it. The bloke next door came out to get in his car and said "ooh, nice little motor you've got there" then he saw the VR6 badge on the back and said "whoa, not quite such a little motor!" then began to reminisce about his Astra GTE that he had back in the day before sheepishly getting into his 0.9 battered Corsa... 8)

I need to get another C...

A fresh chuftie for me this lunchtime....

I picked up my recently refurbed Speedos from my local tyre place earlier as they had added some fresh rubber to them this morning..... the fitter that helped me load them into the car said, "Fed up with the 17s then?"

Me - "Not for the way they look, god no, but I prefer the ride on 15s, and I've got to get them off for their new owner anyway"

Him - "I used to work on these and other VWs when I worked at V.A.S (a local VW near the inters venue) and I always loved the VR6 Corrado. Yours is amazingly tidy, never seen one that colour before either, you want to hang onto that and look after it" :D

This then went on for a while and we had a good chat about all things C.

Oh and the car was crazy like a scalped cat all the way back to work....with 4 extra wheels and tyres in the back!! It's safe to say my interest in Corrados has returned.

I'm surprised dubster82 hasn't replied to this telling about the night we had an encounter in his Rad with 3 lovely young ladies, unless he's scared his other half reads it...... :lol: :wink:

:lol:

just saw this!!!

good job i dont think the missus uses this forum, but you never know, but we'll keep this story hush just incase!!! :wink:

its not my fault the corrado is soo irresistable. no back seats and still want a ride!!!! :lol:

i've completely lost for the amount of times similar stories tot hesse have happened to me.

had it from driving to work in it as an apprentice, driving through town and hearing things.

i barely notice now unless someone does come up to me and say something! :lol:, and thats still quite common.

the kids in the neighbourhood can never take there eyes of it, imagine the stares when my mate rossco comes round!! :lol:

its more so my passengers that notice the comments, looks and necks snapping now :lol:

3 hot girlies wearing nearly nothing in the back of a Corrado with no back seats, that takes some doing.