Riley

Late Black G60

Cheers lads...

It's currently a bit unloved while i look for a new track car. Been a while since i modified anything, but the interior will be looking quite different soon hopefully.

Neil.

Ran over something on a dual carriegeway and damaged one of the black centered Borbet A's, really p|ssed off :mad2: :pale:

It's scraped the wheel/tyre edge :( Really fallen out with it again lately...

Someone caught the front bumper, the damaged wheel...and just the other day someone has decided to scratch the drivers door FFS.

Still had lots of things to do, Nitrous (half fitted), 4 branch and new pipewerx system...And i was supposed to have an interior retrim but that's gone t|ts up as well. Anyway, rather than blow money on a new exhaust, I picked up a secondhand magnex.

Always liked Magnex for quality and subtle sound. Can finally replace the standard system which currently just has a decat fitted and actually sounds superb. Shame it's past it's best though, will fit it when i can be ar$ed...

Done some more totalling up too here...

corradog60magnex.jpg

Just got back from my unit after fitting the Magnex :)

They can be prone to knocking/banging on lowered Corrado's but the 2 mile drive home was totally knock free! Sounds alright too, where ive joined it and clamped it up with new t-bolt stainless clamps is mint.

Just a shame it was previously blowing from the decat/manifold, and obviously still is!

I did really like how it sounded before though, sort of like a turbo'd motor/throaty, first vid is how it used to sound...second is with the magnex. Had the camera a little close tbh.

Magnexstainlessclamps.jpg

Before the magnex...standard system with a decat.

th_Magnexbeforefittedvid.jpg

With the Magnex and decat.

th_Magnexafterfittedvid.jpg

Annoying eh mate (Ive had motors with knocking systems before) Maybe you could rejig it Eddy? I had the system loosely in position, twisted the center section/suit case silencer so that it was as far forward as it would go (Very near to the heat shield) then nipped it up. Then twisted/pushed on the back box so that there was a fingers width between the pipe over the rear beam.

Dosn't knock at all so far...Mine can't really do speedbumps though :lol:

i did all that the centre box is as close to the axle as i could get it had to weld the centre box to the de cat pipe to stop it

twisting ( sh#t exhaust clips ) it was ok & then the coilovers want on now it knocks over every speed bump :censored:

Cheers Tom, left you feedback in the 'Good sellers' topic :salute: You registered on Volksdevil yet mate? Or CorradoG60.co.uk? :grin:

Eddy, maybe take it to (Dare i say it) A local powerflow outlet or similar?

Annoying eh mate (Ive had motors with knocking systems before) Maybe you could rejig it Eddy? I had the system loosely in position, twisted the center section/suit case silencer so that it was as far forward as it would go (Very near to the heat shield) then nipped it up. Then twisted/pushed on the back box so that there was a fingers width between the pipe over the rear beam.

Dosn't knock at all so far...Mine can't really do speedbumps though :lol:

had a look at my exhaust yesterday refitted the back box

moor room between the pipe & rear beam no knocking :grin: :grin: :grin:

happy new year :D

Fitted amber/yellow sidelight bulbs...

Also renewed the front brake lines on both sides (Copper) running from the flexi's to the abs unit. Fitted a new drivers rear caliper as i knew it was sticking a little, then it went through mot.

It's now for sale too. £5k.

There's a 'little' paperwork/history with it...

corradog60paperwork1.jpg

corradog60paperwork5.jpg

corradog60paperwork2.jpg

corradog60paperwork3.jpg

Neil.

:confused4:, anyway.

How did you get on with the grill/mesh painted numberplate with the Police? Im surprised at how genuine it looked.

Well...Back from PipeWerx who i highly recommend.

They made me a new stainless decat up from scratch for £120 to replace the one that was blowing. Can't believe the difference in sound and power with it not blowing anymore!

Even the AFR gauge is reading richer and more steadily!

Good times...For the new owner lol.

Coullstar, believe it or not i never got done once for the mesh plate, even with cops walking around the car checking it out :shrug:

Neil.

Because they were too busy trying to get your pants down for slammage and having a wee bit of poke.

Most coppers love VWs compared with corsas etc so i supose its a step up.

Well...Possibly the last pics i'll ever take of the Corrado.

corradog60april2010.jpg

corradog60april20105.jpg

corradog60april20106.jpg

corradog60april20104.jpg

corradog60april20101.jpg

corradog60april20102.jpg

corradog60april20103.jpg

corradog60april20109.jpg

corradog60april20107.jpg

corradog60april20108.jpg

Fitted two new VAG relay rollers that the charger belt runs on. Whoopy do.

One of the old ones had a crack in it, probably from a stone or sommet and the bearings were a bit tired.

Number 34's in the pic for any other G60 owners.

relayrolleretka.jpg

New VS old.

radonewrelayrollersfitted.jpg

Looking at the front (admittedly debadged) and the rear, the designers just got it so right. It's so aggressive.

absolutely stunning,hoping mines will look as good as this soon,i had the ideas in my head and yours is already done,might have to sell my borbet As now as it will be too similar