Riley

Late Black G60

Nice. Yeah the R32 lump is tempting just because I think I'm getting too old for the 'highly strung' G60 lol. But then the rebel in me says I should sod refinement and stick with the ol grenade. I had a play with a BMW (Not actually sure what it was but it must have hit 150 or more?!) some time ago now, a newer shape one and I was nicely surprised how the old Corrado stuck side by side with it up to (Insert silly speed here) and then I needed more valves really :scratch: as it pulled away steadily but definitely surely!

Weighing up what to do next with it now...I think the Interior is crying out to have the leather hides used that I bought years ago!

Few pics from today via instagram. Next job is to get the e-level height sensors fitted, can't wait to have presets so I can properly adjust heights while on the move!

15_11_12Housecorradoinstagram2.jpg

15_11_12Housecorradoinstagram4.jpg

15_11_12Housecorradoinstagram5.jpg

Fitted some polished stainless petrol tank straps with new stainless bolts/washers, also painted the bracket that holds two of them together. Crap pic fitted as I had to rush back to work!

Stainlesspetroltankstrapscorrado1.jpg

Stainlesspetroltankstrapscorrado2.jpg

Fitted some polished stainless petrol tank straps with new stainless bolts/washers, also painted the bracket that holds two of them together. Crap pic fitted as I had to rush back to work!

Stainlesspetroltankstrapscorrado1.jpg

Stainlesspetroltankstrapscorrado2.jpg

Where did you get the strap's mate and how much did you pay for them Cheers James.

Managed to find them on ebay, around £50 quid if I remember James.

Cheers mate i will look into it:thumbleft:

No worries...

I managed a couple shots of the boot build from inside today. Still to tidy gauge wiring (Red box in pic) and also power etc.

Nice easy access to everything though by either folding both seats or just one at each side.

airridecorradointeriorview1.jpg

airridecorradointeriorview2.jpg

Absolutely superb, I'm really pleased with it:cheers: I pretty much stand by my first thoughts on it really:

The rebound of the suspension feels just like the konigsports did when they were new, the damping feels slightly on the softer side than the konigsports were. Basically when I saw somebody once type "Riding on air is like riding on pillows from God" Well, I'd agree with that! Very nice!

As above, and now I've thrown it about a bit more, it handles really, really well. Pleasantly surprised!:cool:

Well, I thought I'd go for some 'Vw' center cap stickers rather than the 'Borbet' stickers. Look really good in person, could only manage crap pics though as I fitted in between work.

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Too kind mate, thanks!:thumbleft:

Fitted some new stainless screws and speed clips in the fog light/indicator housings.

IMG_1108.jpg

And better pics of the Vw stickers on the center caps.

BorbetB_VW_stickers_Corrado.jpg

BorbetBVWCorrado2.jpg

Edited by Riley

Gained a squeal on turning the steering, hopefully I can nip up the power steering belt. I did replace it not long back though :scratch:

Love this on the Borbet B's, reminds me of my old white G60. I always wanted another set of these wheels but they simply won't fit over big-brakes so knocked the idea on the head. Really good-looking rado pal :-)

looks very menacing! VW stickers look great.

Good job on the speed nuts - where do you get the stainless ones from?

Love this on the Borbet B's, reminds me of my old white G60. I always wanted another set of these wheels but they simply won't fit over big-brakes so knocked the idea on the head. Really good-looking rado pal :-)

Have to agree with the judge mate you have one sick looking corrado:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::cherry::notworthy:

looks very menacing! VW stickers look great.

Good job on the speed nuts - where do you get the stainless ones from?

Sorry, I should clarify, the speed nuts are just new zinc plated ones but all the screws are stainless (Ebay for those) Thought I should get some as I've got stainless bolts for all the slam panel/wings/headlights etc. Wonder if you can get stainless speed nuts? Never thought to look! lol.

Aye I can imagine, they run close enough to the standard calipers with new pads in!

Cheers guys, too kind.:thumbleft:

Neil.

Today consisted of:

Empty gearbox oil and replace with redline mt90.

Remove knackered tint from rear window.

Adjust power steering belt, no more slipping.

Have ordered a 65mm pully for the crack :bonk: Should be ok with the red tops, 3.5bar FPR and SNS 5.5 chip, and It'll be interesting to see the resulting fueling via the wideband.

I do really like your car neil pity i live up here in kilmarnock now as i lived in rochdale area for 20 year's it would have been nothing running round to see you in R32 but with mileage between us now expensive night out (by the way used to be a valeter at CD Bramhall Burnley!!!!! Keep going mate RESPECT>

Ah that's a shame mate, very rarely see a Corrado on the road around this way. Years ago I used to pop to a meet in Rochdale too! Can't remember the place, I just remember a sort of dead end car park with a couple of pubs at the entrance?

Lads...Few small bits I'm in need of if anyone can help?

Two G60 air box tops/lids.

A good late style drivers door handle (Recently bought pass side for £24 inc)

And I still need a late style LO41 Gloss black front bumper.

Aye, that's the plan Owen:thumbleft: Let me know what you want for the air box lids, although I think I may actually have a spare at my unit (Just a case of finding time to get up there) so may need just the one.

Think I'm sorted for the flanges btw cheers Owen.