Riley

Late Black G60

Next came replacing the fuel line from the tank to the filter...Ball ache of a job. :bonk:

Fuel tank needs dropping as far as you can, and unbolting from the filler neck area. At least got a good look at the bodywork up in behind the fuel filler. Solid as a rock, so threw a load of wayoyl in there too.

Oh...And I had to half dismantle the air ride boot build to get at the top of the fuel pump. :shrug:

Corrado%20back%20on%20road%20fuel%20filter%20bracket%205.jpg

And some pics of the fuel filter bracket parts all built up. Slightly over engineered part for holding a bloody fuel filter Vw!

Corrado%20back%20on%20road%20fuel%20filter%20bracket%206.jpg

Corrado%20back%20on%20road%20fuel%20filter%20bracket%207.jpg

Corrado%20back%20on%20road%20fuel%20filter%20bracket%208.jpg

Short shift fitted, better but I may decrease the forward/back even more as it still feels like too much in the Corrado after driving the IS200.

Also put a guide together - Corrado Short Shift Fitting Guide.

I replaced all the bushes in the gear lever as well, will add a guide on how to do that here later.

Before: 5" of movement.

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%2047.jpg

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%2048.jpg

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%2046.jpg

After: 3.5" of movement.

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%204.jpg

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%205.jpg

Corrado%20Short%20shift%20gear%20linkage%20bushes%203.jpg

The old air filters were looking a bit crappy so went for some new ones, thought I'd try some with red metal parts rather than chrome effect this time.

Bought some quick release battery terminals...

corrado20qr20battery20clamps201.jpg

corrado20qr20battery20clamps203.jpg

Had to but a power block so that I could run some of the positive battery wiring away from the battery terminal...While wanting to keep the starter motor cable fitted directly to the battery.

It's OK for now but want to find something more waterproof ideally.

corrado%20back%20on%20road%20june%20battery%20block.jpg

corrado%20qr%20battery%20clamps%20and%20power%20block.jpg

The old air filters were looking a bit crappy so went for some new ones, thought I'd try some with red metal parts rather than chrome effect this time.

Corrado%20back%20on%20road%20June%20Air%20filters%201.jpg

New ISV filter too. Old one lasted well.

corrado%20new%20isv%20air%20filter.jpg

Removed the windscreen washer bottle and took it home to clean it out. Can't find a new oe blue one anywhere man :-(

Also picked up some new hose for the washer jets.

03a8d6ff-5c73-4e31-9c93-99c8449464e2.jpg

And obviously to do a little modding too...

I bought some vauxhall 'misting' windscreen washer jets.

9d0937ae-9845-4ae5-9ff4-f43d9ee2cd59.jpg

And fitted them to the inside of the mesh in the bumper. I simply ran some new hose from the original rear wiper outlet on the washer pump. So whenever I operate the rear wiper, the cossie intercooler gets a nice misting! May wire up to a switch on the throttle body to operate under full throttle instead...

corrado%20vauxhall%20intercooler%20washer%20jets%201.jpg

Got the air ride boot build back together, and went through a test of everything electrical ready for an MOT at some stage.

corrado%20air%20ride%20boot%20install%20july%202016%202.jpg

corrado%20air%20ride%20boot%20install%20july%202016%201.jpg

Well, it kinda let me down for the first time (Apart from when I once had an issue with a German number plate).

Drove to the MOT fine, but then a front caliper decided to stick. So I took it back up to my unit, stripped it down and voila. MOT passed! Just a shame the damn GOV website won't update so I can get it taxed!

Corrado-G60-MOT-Done%202.jpg

Corrado-G60-MOT-Done%201.jpg

Corrado-G60-MOT-Done%201.png

So the Corrado was back on the road for ONE day when the clutch pedal dropped to the floor. Been bleeding the master and slave cylinders, eventually get a pedal for it to then work it's way back down again.

And what do you know, the clutch master cylinder is obsolete ffs. Can not find one anywhere! Typically they are available for the VR6. I've had to order a left hand drive one, whether that will do or not, who knows.

Not only that but the air ride is throwing errors left, right and center. Apparently I now need a rebuild kit for the Accuair VU4 manifold. Can somebody remind me why I spent nearly £4K on this American junk called Accuair and Airlift?

Pretty p|ssed off.

Edited by Riley

It's punishing you for leaving it sitting so long! Not sure if a LHD one will fit, and I'd imagine the ports will be on the wrong side so you'd have to re-make the lines. Probably worth sending your original away for refurbishment as they can easily be rebuilt. As for the air ride, your on your own there I'm afraid!