Gave this a go today:

before:

DSC00296.jpg

During:

DSC00364.jpg

P1010213.jpg

and after:

DSC00365.jpg

Was a right PITA getting the dials working again! after putting the clocks back in the speedo was spot on straight away, but rev counter was reading 1k low (according to MFA) and had to make the holes the temp gauge and fuel gauge spindles went through bigger. will teach me to test it before putting it back together!!

Not sure about white needles on white background though, might crack out the humbrol at some point.

This is good, I'm so glad this thread is running...

I'm half way convinced to buy the DDI glow gauges and bung in some blue film behind it to make it blue glow, rather than white (personal preference), BUT, not everly keen on the DDI style gauges themselves (personal preference again!) so I was thinking of buying the kit and replacing the dials with something of my own design (printing onto clear film acetate to leave the essential glow-through bits nice and clear). Question is, does anyone know if the DDI dials are as swapout-able as the stock ones?

This is good, I'm so glad this thread is running...

I'm half way convinced to buy the DDI glow gauges and bung in some blue film behind it to make it blue glow, rather than white (personal preference), BUT, not everly keen on the DDI style gauges themselves (personal preference again!) so I was thinking of buying the kit and replacing the dials with something of my own design (printing onto clear film acetate to leave the essential glow-through bits nice and clear). Question is, does anyone know if the DDI dials are as swapout-able as the stock ones?

The DDI dials dont come as a complete set they just replace the guage faces in the original cluster like these templates would only they have power leads coming off them to light them up, im not sure how you would change the colour they glow but you could always try.

I thought the white glow just came from it having a white film on the back with clear lights behind? So sticking blue film over the white should make it still appear white until the lights are switched on, when it will glow blue? That's my understanding, anyway. I see your sig states DDI dials, can you remember from when you put them in if that's how they looked behind?

Or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Or am I just barking?

They dont have lights behind them im afraid mate they light up themselves. I have attached a pic of the back of one. When you fit them you take out the bulbs at the top of the cluster which illuminate the faces green as you dont need them anymore so i suppose you could change these to blue and you might get a nice blue/white glow. Also they come with red filters for the LCD's but you could again change these to blue if you wanted.

Oh, well that's that idea out the window! Suppose I'll have to come up with a home brew back lighting effect, then and just use my own dials. May whip it apart this weekend to see how much room I have to work with in respect of where I can place LEDs behind the cluster.

Thanks for the info, Robert.