Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Decent tyres required today, any ideas?

I've just been let down on a mail order for some Bridgestone RE720's which have apparently been discontinued. Unfortunately the mail order place didn't tell me until I rang them today so now I'm stuck trying to find some tyres in stock.

There for a VR6, 205 50 VR15's. Any ideas what's up to the same sort of quality, and who would stock them to pick up in East Sussex. I know this is a long shot but any ideas would be very much appreciated.

One eqivalent mentioned were Firestone FSV280's, any experience with these?

Thanks.

pirelli pzero`s are my first choice,the assymetric ones,, that way you can rotate them too if you want to as oppose to the directional type, also rate the new dunlop sport sp`s,,,

If Avon ZZ3s are available in that size, they're worth a look. Being a 720 user myself, I'd happily use the ZZ3 as a substitute.

Unfortunately it was mytyres.co.uk who I made the order with. Wouldn't have minded if they had let us know so I would have had time to order some more before the weekend. Going to try another ring round now with those brands. Cheers.

6000s are nasty.

Mytyres are strange.... they only seem to stock old model tyres and some foreign woman rings you the next day....can never understand a word she says :roll:

The T1-S's are great in the dry (and we are heading into summer now I spose) but its hard to reccomend them for wet use.. they are ok for my pottering around the city, but if you enjoy giving your car mega stick in all conditions, then I guess you won't want them!

toyos everytime for me, never had a problem in the wet either but mines only a 16v so would be lighter on the front end

i can highly reccomend the dunlop sp sport 9000's wet or dry. :thumbleft:

not the cheapest like but?

neil.

Thanks for the comments. Looked on ebay and got some proxies t1s's coming for tomorrow morning, £104.00 for 2 all in. Do like the yoko's, got some A043's last time, well grippy in the dry but seem to have worn alot quicker than the A539's. Can't afford to keep changing them so will see how long the proxies last. Alot of that might be down to giving the car more stick the more I get used to it though.

I just bought a pair of toyo TS-1s from camskill, put 300miles on them this weekend and they are pretty good. Better than the Dunflops and Continentals I have had before. Maybe not as good as the BFG-Profilers G's I had before. Cost £98 devlivered, £6 for fitting an balance and my local garage.

Just bookmarked camskill for next time, good prices. Got a local garage who just lets me use the tyre fitting gear for a couple of beers. £6 for both for someone to do it sounds good though.