Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Top Ten Practical Classics

Nomination sent.

Come on everyone!

Surveys like this influence Joe Publics' opinion and keep our residuals high!

Yep done my bit, actually got a bit carried away, doubt they will read my entire essay!

"In my opinion, a truly practical classic.

Particularly when paired with the innovative VR6 or G60 engines, the Corrado combines timeless styling, performance and excellent road keeping in one great package.

Rare enough seen to turn heads yet parts are still readily available from main dealers.

Having owned all three variants (16v, G60 and VR6) over the years as well as other vehicles from the VAG & Porsche stable, I can safely say the Corrado is the one car that I would love to own again.

If you’ve never driven one, you really should!"

I was a little economical with the truth, having only owned a VW Golf and a 16v Corrado before, but hey there's plenty of folk who've said the same.

I nominated the austin allegro, sorry argo cos it stick in my mind as a classic piece of bristish motoring poo!!

seriouly though i bet the C wont be in there.

I nominated the austin allegro

Allegro? Pah. For a practical British classic from that era look no further than the Austin Maxi, you could make a double bed in the back with the rear seats folded down.. :-P

Sent mine, although perhaps it would have been better to nominate it in the '10 Greatest Flops' section a few weeks ago :D

surely the big wedge of cheese the austin princess should take the biscuit, or maybe the the marina for its superior handling :-)

GIXXERUK said

marina for its superior handling

Agree.

Father in law's Marina automatic was worst wallowing car I ever drove. Very good at getting onto the wrong side of the road on bends.