Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Andy, new clutch time? :(

Think I need to align my gears too, as 1st, 2nd and reverse are occasionally sticky :?

After more discussion, sounds like new clutch slave cylinder (£30?), and if that doesn't sort it, swap out the master cylinder with the reclaimed unit from last weekend's scrapfest...

Gear adjustment is dead easy when you get your head around it :D I had the same symptoms, which were sorted by the tweak - now if only I could get the clutch plates apart... :roll:

In short Cazza, yes new clutch time!

I would put real money on it being the clutch seeing as it's doing what my Golf did last year.

Today, i rifled through the bits from the stripped shell and dismantled the subframe and parts attached thereto.

Did some filling and priming... Not a lot really, waiting on other idiot suppliers :(

Saturday:

Fitted new Alpine Ipod head unit 8)

New amped 6x4's and audioscape sub enclosure required now.

Thermal fuse repair on the heater motor. :D

Still only got speeds 2,3&4 :(

Looking at the heated rear screen this weekend, and change a bulb in the centre knob for the heater illumination....

Not today, but at the weekend I had the less than enjoyable task of replacing the waterpump! In my naivity, I thought it might be a fairly quick job!! Once I'd realised I hadn't actually undone the rear mount and only the plate ontop, I actually got somewhere!!! :lol:

Managed to get it replaced ok in the end but had an absolute nightmare trying to line up the damn engine mounts again, the front one being the worst culprit! Most annoying thing is I'm going to have to repace the front mount at some point in the not too distant future!

Anyway, well chuffed with myself, I took it out for a spin to check all was well, got back & went to top up the coolant & the bonnet cable snapped on me! Aaarrgggghhhh... Went to the stealers yesterday & ordered a new cable at a mere £30, so will now have the task of attempting to break into my own bonnet at the weekend!! :(

the thermal fuse issue causes the fans to only work on speed 4 as the resistor pack and thermal fuse are bypassed on speed 4, if its not working on speed 1 it will be a switch or resistor pack issue.

the thermal fuse issue causes the fans to only work on speed 4 as the resistor pack and thermal fuse are bypassed on speed 4, if its not working on speed 1 it will be a switch or resistor pack issue.

Yeeah it was only working on 4, now just 1st speed won't work, I'm assuming the resistor pack is the part of the blower motor where I changed the thermal fuse?

Pretty sure its not the switch so may need to change the blower motor.

Then again, may just leave as is.... :D

Broke the spares up a little more, thinking I'm gonna have to bin / sell for pennies a lot of the odd bits I stripped from the shell as they're a bit random!

@vwdeviant, those ABS sensors are ready and waiting, rear ones still attached to axle but just looks like a 2-min allen key job!

@CazzaVR, rear calipers in better condition than I thought, pistons are still shiny under all the cack! Both came off the axle very easily and both bleed nipples non-seized!! (Call Guinness Book of Records, Quick! :lol: )

@ProdigalSon, rest of the ABS stuff waiting for you, including that cylinder should you want it. Still has black paint/label on so deffo in VGC.

@CazzaVR[/b], rear calipers in better condition than I thought, pistons are still shiny under all the cack! Both came off the axle very easily and both bleed nipples non-seized!! (Call Guinness Book of Records, Quick! :lol: )

quote]

Nice one- I'm sure we'll be able to make up a really good set with a combo of yours, mine and the rebuild kit 8)

Fitted a 3rd brake light - one of those lightweight LED jobs that swivels so you can get it set just right. Was never happy with the clunky Halfords job that I butchered to get the light to show and kept falling off. Real cheap as well - £3.99 off flea bay :D Lights up a treat.

Yeeah it was only working on 4, now just 1st speed won't work, I'm assuming the resistor pack is the part of the blower motor where I changed the thermal fuse?

Pretty sure its not the switch so may need to change the blower motor.

Then again, may just leave as is.... :D

Have you tried setting the switch at between fan speeds 1 and 2? Mine stopped working on fan speed 1, but when set between 1 and 2 it works (at speed 1), i'm guessing its just a little worn with age.

Waz

Have you tried setting the switch at between fan speeds 1 and 2? Mine stopped working on fan speed 1, but when set between 1 and 2 it works (at speed 1), i'm guessing its just a little worn with age.

Waz

Yeah, tried that, also tried kinda moving the dial up/down/left/right etc when turning.

Checked the copper contact rail, it is contacting, but not tried cleaning the contacts yet.

Another little job for saturday... :D

Finally got around to swapping the door speakers over (still OE ones)

Went on a felt sticking mission and did the clock surround trim, lower steering cover and the passenger a pillar trim.

Today I managed to put a rip in the side of my drivers seat leather :mad: . Some ar$£ parked too close next to me so I had to squeeze in through a tiny gap to get in, in doing that the buckle on the back of my jeans dug in and ripped ripped the leather. Any ideas how to repair it anyone?

Washed mine,

Bled cazzavr's, and

wrestled with ProdigalSon's!

I expect update from both you whippersnappers shortly! :lol:

oh, also worked out I have locking wheel nuts! Hope I have the device for them somewhere... :?

Brake fluid change/bleed, rear caliper rebuild and handbrake cable change, all with a great deal of help from Boost Monkey and ProdigalSon 8)

Brake fluid change/bleed, rear caliper rebuild and handbrake cable change, all with a great deal of help from Boost Monkey and PridigaSon 8)

Who? :?

Yesterday: Replaced clutch slave cylinder, re-bled system (no change :(), largely neglected our esteemed guest CazzaVR :oops: and started to remove the inlet manifold to get access to remove the clutch master cyl.

Today: Removed the FPR to get the inlet manifold out (Allen bolt into the manifold through FPR bracket rounded off :bad-words:), removed the inlet and split the throttle body off so the manifold could be cleaned, removed old clutch master and fit a spare from the scrapper, fought with the hydraulic union, lost a master cyl nut down inside the steering column's rubber boot, and spilled a bit of brake fluid on the wing! :shock: Time to call it a night :roll:

Edited your name for you ;) :lol:

Gutted you had a bit of a mare today :( It'll all be worth it!

Toying with selling up in the summer :(