Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

i finally got some contact cleaner on my window switch so now my window goes up smoothly without having to use the total closure on my alarm :D

fitted my foliage cover seal yesterday as it was letting in water all over the ABS ECU, managed to gash my finger open too!

and now today...its raining!

Neil i think you need to stop working on your own car mate, everytime you do you hurt yourself or your car.

Realised that the horrible clanking sound was due to a snapped droplink :roll: Thankfully, a cheap fix - will get it done Saturday :)

Neil i think you need to stop working on your own car mate, everytime you do you hurt yourself or your car.

lol i know junkie! Think i should give it to a garage to sort out!

Shawshankkid: Well impressed with those wheel arches and engine bay!

Was it just a matter of patience with the wheel arches? Cleaning off all the gunk and re-doing? Also, with the engine bay, did you use de-greaser and steam cleaner or lots of elbow grease? :)

Fitted a new sunroof seal last night. Looks much better than the old grey tatty threadbare thing that used to adorn the roof :D

My thumbs are sore and blistered now though, whoever fitted those seals on the track at Karmann must have had mega sore thumbs all the time :?

Now my roof rubbers look old and tatty next to the shiney sunroof seal!

took the bumper off to make sure the TD5 intercooler I brought off ebay last night whilst drunk will actually fit :lol:

then changed the oil, filter and plugs.

Pulled the inlet manifold and throttle body off, ripped out the snapped fuel rail, checked the injectors, installed the new fuel rail, re-fitted the inlet manifold/throttle body with new gasket, plumbed it all back up and checked, double checked and triple checked all connections before turning the key! :)

Nothing happened - flat battery :roll: Jump leads out and got the engine running, but there was a really loud rhythmic mechanical clicking, about once per revolution... :eek:

Quickly checked the oil, all OK... Noise gradually receded into the usual click as the engine warmed up - guess it might be hydraulic tappets or somesuch that have drained while the car has been sat for the last 2 months? :scratch:

got my new headlight switch from VW, cheers £50 and got my loom and added a fuse to it :D then fitted it yesterday and the result!

headlights again yay!

Fitted my new headlamps I got for christmas ready for stanford on sunday :shades:

got a ticket. I found a little sticker on the window saying "Police Notice", so I think they appreciated my car and asked me to pay £30 to help them notice it again or something. :shrug:

^ that would seriously pi55 me off mate, Dunno about you but where i work people know i love my Dubs, and i cant help but think anyone who even thought they damaged my car would come tell me and pay for it to be repaired!

they know i wouldnt let it lie if they didnt :lol: there would be a full on investigation and then once completed... summary justice dealt out :lol: probably involving the scrap yard opposite and kettamine :grin:

:grin: Took advantage of the early part of the days good weather :grin: and removed-stripped and repainted my rocker cover with vinylkote silver acrylic, fitted new rocker cover gasket (i have had in the glovebox for ages :roll: ) and re fitted it all up Looks really nice and clean under there now 8) .

glad i did do it too as i found that the fuel warm up? hose on the right hand side of the fuel rail was weeping and the feeble jubilee clip needed tightening!! dunno if it starting weeping because i disturbed it? or if it was weeping already? defo dont need fuel dripping on a hot manifold below :eek: all tight now though :clap:

On Monday I got all enthusiastic and started doing things to the VR.

Fitted new 6x4s, which was an utter ball ache.

Fitted the new trimsport rear brace, and made up a spacer plate to assist the fitment.

Fitted a shineyer rear badge

Fitted a less crap front grill.

Opened the bonnet

Looked

Closed the bonnet

Took the rear seats out

Today I started looking for companies to shotblast my various components and to stitch new bits into my drivers seat,

Tonight I drove to a mates house and was driven mental by screeching from the rear brake on the valver, so stripped it right down in the road outside her house, and the noise went away.

Cleaned and conditioned the two rear seat uprights.

:)

Fitted my new front bonnet seal, got it from VW that was cheap :eek: not! :scratch:

Aqua, buy a new fuel pressure hose from vw with new clips, about a tenner...As they split inside :shock: and are a common replacement on our old g60's now.

Today i discovered what all the brake noises were, jacked car up and wheel was tight to turn...Took caliper off and my brake pads (plenty meat on them) fell out in bits :shock: :(

Neil.

Fitted my new front bonnet seal, got it from VW that was cheap :eek: not! :scratch:

is it the seal at the front of the bonnet or near the windscreen?

and how much was it?